Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: New to the honda world  (Read 9480 times)

myz32300ztt

• Newbies
New to the honda world
« on: April 14, 2005, 10:27:05 PM »
Hey everyone... This is my first post to this site... I just got a 2005 cbr600rr about two weeks ago... this is my first new purchase of any vehicle and let me tell you i LOVE IT!!!! my old bike was a 92 kanatuna 600 that was r-titled cause i $^& around pretty bad by the previous owner, you know had to do a frame swap cause the old one was bent... but anyways just wanted to introduce myself and say what up to everyone... here's some pics of her.... (still stock i know but ran outta cash)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Craig04RR

• FREAK Member
  • Never Scared
Re: New to the honda world
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 10:44:02 PM »
welcome brother, that is a sick ride, I would get the silver one too  if I were in the market for a new RR. :thumb:
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.

madmanu

• FREAK Member
  • I can resist everything but tambok pepe!
    • oneseba
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 10:58:44 PM »
Congrats, I have the same color just delivered this morning :thumb: Rearsets, brake lines, frame sliders, fender elim and levers waiting to get installed.

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 11:06:59 PM »
I think stock is beautiful, don't let anyone talk you into fucking up your bike so you can be "different!"

Welcome to the site, you have a beautiful bike...that silver looks pretty sharp!
"There but for the grace of God go I"

V-Rob

• FREAK Member
  • I'm da malpa
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 11:08:20 PM »
Welcome and nice color choice :thumb:  Don't worry about it being stock right now, I think it looks it's best stock ;D Where u from?
blue Schwinn 10-speed...nice

V-Rob

• FREAK Member
  • I'm da malpa
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 11:09:28 PM »
I think stock is beautiful, don't let anyone talk you into fucking up your bike so you can be "different!"

Welcome to the site, you have a beautiful bike...that silver looks pretty sharp!
Damn Fret, you and me think too much alike....scary :drool:

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 11:12:49 PM »
Damn Fret, you and me think too much alike....scary :drool:

You mean there's a Harley rider burried in me somewhere?  :P
"There but for the grace of God go I"

V-Rob

• FREAK Member
  • I'm da malpa
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 11:30:09 PM »
You mean there's a Harley rider burried in me somewhere?  :P
Yes, join the dark side Fret....Actually, Harley people almost NEVER leave their bikes stock...except for me.  All I have on the v-rod is some Screamin Eagle slipons and different grips...the rest is all stock.  No extra overpriced crome crap for me

Stan

• Wanna go? One twist of the wrist
    • My pics
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2005, 11:31:24 PM »

How can you say that all modifications are bad?  I agree that some stuff that people do to these bikes looks horrible, but you have to like SOMETHING out there in the aftermarket world.

V-Rob

• FREAK Member
  • I'm da malpa
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2005, 11:42:18 PM »
How can you say that all modifications are bad?  I agree that some stuff that people do to these bikes looks horrible, but you have to like SOMETHING out there in the aftermarket world.
Actually, it doesn't matter what anyone else likes, it's what the person who owns the bike likes.  Aftermarket stuff adds personality to your own bike.  I happen to try to keep my stuff as close to stock as possible because that's what attracted me to the bike in the first place.  For me, all I want is a different wind screen and maybe a seat cowl. Conservative, but it's what I like....and cheaper 8)  

Aphinity

• YOU WA SHOCK!
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2005, 11:42:40 PM »
welcome brother, that is a sick ride, I would get the silver one too  if I were in the market for a new RR. :thumb:

Yeah the silver is definately hot.  If only they had that in 03 I woulda Yoinked that instead.

JerseyRR

• FREAK Member
    • My Gallery
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2005, 12:05:12 AM »
Welcome to the site!. Nice bike, good color!
I'm a son of a gun, so I keep my pops with me

SquiDKi11er

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2005, 02:23:22 AM »
welcome!  im new the site aswell..and bought my honda 600rr a week ago (05' all black) :thumb:

your silver/black bike does look sick bro....if you want a fender eliminator and dont want to spend the money ($110 or more) ill post some pictures of my 'home made' on.

welcome again ;]
-=2005 honda cbr600rr=-
*bone* stock as of now

www.thebombsquad.org

TypeSly

• FNG
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2005, 04:04:01 AM »
Congrats on the bike. Now pat yourself on the back for making a great choice  :thumb:
'03 Red/Black RR

myz32300ztt

• Newbies
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2005, 08:16:52 AM »
thanks for the warm welcome... yeah i'm not a fan of red or black bikes thus the choosing silver...  I kinda like the 2004 blue and gray ones but i couldn't find any leftovers... I'm from Western Pennsylvania for all those who are wondering...any one else in the area?  need to find people to ride with haha.  Yeah the only aftermarket things i am lookin at doing are fender elim, and POSSIBLY a windscreen (black chrome) but i'm not sure yet. I'm coming from a world of cars... and let me tell you two wheels is WAY the hell more fun than 4 :-)  although smoking a 1994 dodge viper in a 1991 nissan 300zx TT was alot of fun :-)

squiDki11er if you could post some of them pics i'd love it, already been looking at how to do my own.