Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Hydroxycut  (Read 8600 times)

600DubRizzle

• FREAK Member
  • Mmmm....beer
Hydroxycut
« on: March 15, 2005, 08:22:10 AM »
I'm trying to shed a couple winter pounds I've gained, so I figured I'd try these pills out.  I decided I'd go with the smallest recommended dosage, 1 pill three times per day, and see what would happen.  I took the first one first thing in the morning and was wide awake.  I took the second one right before lunch and didn't really feel any effects. Finally I took the third before going to the gym, and the results were not good.  I lasted about 20 minutes in the gym before I had to stop for fear of passing out.  My heart was racing and I was sweating like a damn slave.  Definately not a good feeling.

My feeling on Hydroxycut is this: If you don't like working out and want to lose weight, go ahead and use them.  If you want to work for what you have, then try to see if you can accomplish it with only exercise and a better diet.
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

madmanu

• FREAK Member
  • I can resist everything but tambok pepe!
    • oneseba
Re: Hydroxycut
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 09:07:58 AM »
Ephedrine has a potentially dangerous stimulant that can cause elevated blood pressure, palpitation, insomia, headaches even heart attacks. These most likely are from abusing it (overdosage). The thing is when using this "wonder" pill, it may help (with the proper dosage) and may not have adverse effects but what happens when you stop using it? Your metabolic rate goes back to normal and there's a big chance you might gain what you've lost. There's also the after effects (withdrawal) that can give you terrible headache from time to time. What can I suggest to lose weight? I don't know at 5'9 and 170lbs, I have been trying to cut down to 155-160 cause I think that's my ideal weight with probably 10-12% fat. But I can never do it. I love eating savory but sometimes not too healthy food and love moderate drinking from wine, to cocktails to beer. I eat a lot of rice in my diet too. I would need a change of habit when it comes to eating and also have some time for workout which I haven't have much really recently. Last year I sacrifice working out cause I chose to ride  :thumb:

600DubRizzle

• FREAK Member
  • Mmmm....beer
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 09:10:30 AM »
Hydroxycut is now ephedra-free.

madmanu

• FREAK Member
    • oneseba
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 09:12:45 AM »
Hydroxycut is now ephedra-free.

Now that's new to me <- ??? What's the active ingredient replacement?

PaikyPoo

• FREAK Member
  • WoO HoO
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 09:15:51 AM »
isn't ephedra an illegal substance here now?

y use chemicals to lose weight?  as soon as u stop using it u'll most likely gain the weight back?  u should eat less portions in higher frequency and exercise.  the only way to lose weight is by increasing your metabolism rate.  if u're not blessed with a fast metabolism then u need to teach your body.  injecting or consuming drugs is a temporary solution and most tend to be dangerous or questionable in effectiveness.

600DubRizzle

• FREAK Member
  • Mmmm....beer
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 09:16:20 AM »
Now that's new to me <- ??? What's the active ingredient replacement?

Some shit called Hydroxy-Tea, and a WHOLE lot of caffeine.

600DubRizzle

• FREAK Member
  • Mmmm....beer
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 09:21:03 AM »
isn't ephedra an illegal substance here now?

Yes.  Wrongly so, but that's another issue.

y use chemicals to lose weight?  as soon as u stop using it u'll most likely gain the weight back?  u should eat less portions in higher frequency and exercise.  the only way to lose weight is by increasing your metabolism rate.  if u're not blessed with a fast metabolism then u need to teach your body.  injecting or consuming drugs is a temporary solution and most tend to be dangerous or questionable in effectiveness.

I'm already changing my diet, and exercise 4-5 times/week.  I'd like go to the gym twice per day, but I just don't have enough time to do that.  I was only going to use the pills to help get to where I want a little bit faster.

madmanu

• FREAK Member
    • oneseba
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2005, 09:23:42 AM »
and a WHOLE lot of caffeine.

:P This big dude in the gym I use to go before likes to show off taking his cool pre-workout supplement, 5 teaspons of granulated beans gulped down with creatine drink  :P

Starky

• FREAK Member
  • Ride red or go to HELL!
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2005, 09:27:20 AM »
I use the original stuff with ephedra in it when I play hockey. Well I did before my last injury anyhow When I would play left wing I would take 2 before the game but I was finding by half way through the 3rd period my legs would just die but for the most part of the game it was great.
Just remember one thing it was all started by a mouse_______Walt Disney

If you can dream it you can do it_______Epcot Centre

rjh200

• FREAK Member
  • I'm Addicted
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2005, 10:09:47 AM »
Speaking from experience you have to be very very carefull with these products as they have some very negative side effects for some people.  These pills work by increasing your heart rate and eliminating excess water weight, they also have a tendency to reduce water weight to much which can cause dehydration to the muscles and joints.  This happens even if you hydrate yourself properly.  I would just advise against taking any substance of the sort. 
Bring on the squids, I need part for my bike.

Craig04RR

• FREAK Member
  • Never Scared
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2005, 01:19:38 PM »
hydroxy cut is horseshit, put the work in at the gym, eat properly, build muscle, which will in turn increase your metabolism.The more muscle you build the more fat you will burn basically, you will gain some fat from building muscle, but  very little unless you dotn eat properly, and just stuff your face. Simply working out 5 days  a week or as much as possible,  will  boost your metabolism and in turn wil  burn fat, even if your goal isnt to gain  muscle through heavy weights and proper nutrition. at least 20 minutes of a moderate to high pace, will burn fat and by carbo loading will not break muscle down for energy, 1-2 hours or so before going to the gym for cardio eat pasta, spaghetti lasagna etc, with water and some bread maybe too.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2005, 01:22:41 PM by Craig04RR »
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.

Daneegyrl

• FREAK Member
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2005, 01:40:08 PM »
Speaking from experience you have to be very very carefull with these products as they have some very negative side effects for some people.  These pills work by increasing your heart rate and eliminating excess water weight, they also have a tendency to reduce water weight to much which can cause dehydration to the muscles and joints.  This happens even if you hydrate yourself properly.  I would just advise against taking any substance of the sort. 

I would definitely have to agree with RJ and Craig. The best way to lose weight and gain muscle is to put the work in. I don't adhere to any philosophies except those that stress proper diet and exercise. In this "gotta have it right now" society, we forget that weight loss in itself is a really simple, healthy equation- burn more calories than you consume and you will drop weight. This doesn't mean starve yourself or try some foolhardy diet plans or pills. I work out at least 4 times a week, doing cardio and weight training. I am moving back toward my college days body fat percentage (16 which is pretty good for a female of my height and build) and I have more energy and less fat and I feel great.

It's your body and you only get one so you really have to make the time to take care of it. Easier said than done, I know. But when I realized how important it was to me not to be fat and unhealthy, I made the time. Leave the pills, hit the gym!
Be Easy,

Starky

• FREAK Member
  • Ride red or go to HELL!
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2005, 03:52:53 PM »
Ya I watch what I eat LOL I have pizza 2-3 days a week and Taco Bell atleast once a week and then I have steak and baked potatoes 2 times a week but the potato has to have lots and lots of butter and cheese on it LOL yep that is pretty much how my eating habits are. Lunch is usually mac n cheese or beans or grilled cheese sandwiches.
Just remember one thing it was all started by a mouse_______Walt Disney

If you can dream it you can do it_______Epcot Centre

NewRedRider

• FREAK Member
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2005, 09:51:00 PM »
All right guys. I'll let you in on a little secret of mine. I'm 5' 10" and 160lbs. I eat all the time and I eat anything I want. I'm also 35 y/o. I've done this all my life and was alwyas told by everyone..."Oh. Wait until you hit 30. You'll start to get a gut." We'll that never happened. My theory on this isn't hard to figure out. I have a high metabolism because I eat something about every two to three hours.

Here are my rules:

1) ALWAYS EAT BREAKFAST!!!! When your mother told you it was the most important meal of the day she was RIGHT! It speeds up your metabolism for the remainder of the day.

2) Eat a snack between meals. Something! ANYTHING!

3) Stop drinking beer and soft drinks and start drinking water! Sorry guys. Beer puts it on you. Other than that there are no limitations.

4) Moderate exercise. Contrary to popular belief you don't have to work out at the gym 4 - 5 times a week. You can if you want to. That's great. But if you'd rather walk around the park or ride a bike that's fine too.

See the problem with weight gain and just about every diet is they all slow your metabolism. When you starve yourself your telling your body to slow down and conserve energy. So the next meal you eat goes almost entirely to fat. You have to tell your body that you have plenty of food and store nothing. So everytime you eat your telling your body to burn energy and not to store it. The more often you eat the more signals that get sent you your brain to burn energy. Eventually your brain will stop storing and start using.
**I'm not a post whore! I just have a lot of opinions**

Jeff

• Hoofa King cares!
  • Administrator
  • FREAK Member
  • ...if I could reach it? You bet I would!
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2005, 08:02:11 AM »
Good point NRR, and good points throughout the thread.  One thing which I've clearly learned is that there is no ONE method for every person.  Each person is different and people will respond different to different diets and exercise plans.

The key though does lie in diet and exercise.  Reasonable, sensible diet and exercise.  Extremes do more harm than good... 
Jesus would have seen my blinker and let me in you dick!