Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Clear Alternative Review With Pics  (Read 6600 times)

marcmcm

• FREAK Member
  • I'm kinder and gentler...you should be too
    • PA Sportbikes
Re: Clear Alternative Review With Pics
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2004, 06:00:53 PM »
Awesome...just watch that rear brake light switch lest you look like a dumbass like me.

Angelo1

• FREAK Member
  • Rick James Bitch! Enjoy yourself!!
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2005, 10:29:07 AM »
Hey Marcmcm,  does the integrated taill plug directly into the stock wiring harness or do you have to cut and splice?  Also the resistors that come with it....are they already installed or did you have to splice those in too? 
AnGeLO 05 red RR
Arata Ti Slip-on
short stalk V's
fender eliminator
rear seat cowl

Tibbett

• FREAK Member
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2005, 11:13:59 AM »
I have the same tailight and the resistors have to be spliced in and it does not have stock connectors..you could be like me though and use your stock signals and brake light, chop their wires instead of your harness and use them to make plugs..thus..having a 'stock' setup still.
I wasn't speeding..you were just going too slow.

'07 Yamaha R6

Gingernator

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2012, 03:52:25 AM »
I've seen a video on YouTube that shows a guy installing the Clear Alternatives taillight, but he had to do some cutting on the tail of the bike though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQZuNJv_oGo

cosmo

• FREAK Member
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2012, 11:56:46 AM »
now -this- is proper gravedigging! well done! :-D

i didn't understand a question from your post, though.

and yes, starting with 07, when the stock taillight wasn't integrated any longer, any CA installation implies cutting a part of the undertail, and even shaving some of the taillight itself if you want a snug fit. the CA taillight was designed for 03-06 bikes, and it hasn't changed afterwards, hence the odd form that doesn't fit in the tail without some persuasion.
but any kind of integrated taillight on 07+ will need somethign cut, as you're not swapping something existing on the bike, you're placing something somere it wasn't meant to be (giggity).
    07 RR doing   who needs diesel? 8)

Gingernator

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2012, 01:21:45 PM »
I was wondering because there's a small recess in the undertail. Was curious if it would fit into there, but it evidently won't. Time to break out the hacksaw!

cosmo

• FREAK Member
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2012, 02:51:32 PM »
take it easy and measure a lot before you begin cutting.
i suggest you first fit it into the tail, and see how much forward you can push it and when you're happy with it. and only afterwards cut the undertail.
i did something similar, but then decided it wasn't pushed far enough into the tail end, so i sanded and pushed it some more, and ended up with a half cm gap between the undertail and the CA.

so, first of all, make sure you finish all the modifications you need with the CA and the tail. also, always have in mind that CAs are cheaper than painted tails, so try to mod the CA and not the tail, if you can.
    07 RR doing   who needs diesel? 8)