Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Rattle at 5-6000 rpm???  (Read 28669 times)

maskale

• "If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride correctly could do!"
  • FREAK Member
Re: Rattle at 5-6000 rpm???
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2008, 02:23:37 PM »
i still havent heard a thing outta mine. 

the buzz does not start till 5K, so yeah, we know why you have never heard it
Quote from: DIM
You guys are funny and I will agree this forum has a better knowledge base then .Net

你奶奶的

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2008, 04:27:53 PM »
我晕..   这也太强了吧!!   2003年的贴子保留到现在..  还有人来顶!  真的太强了!   

我也来顶你!
我喜欢美国.

Fenian

• FNG
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2008, 10:04:02 PM »
This is in fact common.  Its usually the small center light vibrating on the fairing.  Can be caused by wax and polish build up or loose fit.  Most put a small flet or rubber pad in there to snug it up and it solves the issue.  4500 was where mine started and decreased at 6K.
Hope this helps.

FENIAN

;D

Paulred/black

• 'Nice bike... How fast does it go?' (sigh)
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2009, 02:58:23 PM »
i'm sure 99.99999999% of you guys already know this but that's where the secondary set of INJECTORS cut in, so i've noticed mine rattles a tiny bit at 6000ish rpm and i'd imagine that this was the reason.

however youv got to remember its basically a race bike which isn't ment for fuel economy and touring to different place's so your gonna get some vibrition. it also says this on various bike reviews that vibration can be felt through the bike ( ithink that was through the pegs though) sorry if i'm wrong.

cheers

Paulred/black

• 'Nice bike... How fast does it go?' (sigh)
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2009, 03:14:21 PM »
i'm sure 99.99999999% of you guys already know this but that's where the secondary set of INJECTORS cut in, so i've noticed mine rattles a tiny bit at 6000ish rpm and i'd imagine that this was the reason.

however youv got to remember its basically a race bike which isn't ment for fuel economy and touring to different place's so your gonna get some vibrition. it also says this on various bike reviews that vibration can be felt through the bike ( ithink that was through the pegs though) sorry if i'm wrong.

cheers

an example of this is my work (nuclear power station) the two huge turbines have to be quickly brought up to a certain rpm (3K for these turbines) at this rpm they have minimal rattles/vibrations

however

if they were to say leave the turbines at e.g. 2K, then the turbines would vibrate themselves silly and therefore shake them selves apart and blow up!  :'(
so your bike is just vibrating like any other engine and it happens to be 6Kish just because of the type of engine it is

(i think the secondary injectors happen to be used at this rpm as well and i dont think they are the actual cause as that wouldnt make sense)

hope this helps
no harm in getting it checked anyway though  :thumb: