Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: One Headlight, BE GONE!!!  (Read 20385 times)

cpchillin

Re:One Headlight, BE GONE!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2003, 04:31:29 PM »
If I can't use the hp for moving forward than I'm losing the hp!! I don't care if a bike makes 200hp if only 20hp get's to the rear wheel than I don't want that bike. I understand what you are saying but I want usable hp!

03yellowRR

• Don't be an ASS!!
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2003, 04:39:34 PM »
I get flashed for ride with my high beams on. >:(  only at night
03 RR Yellow
01 Audi S4 Nogaro

Goro

• FREAK Member
  • Yea It's a Cow!!!
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2003, 05:29:37 PM »
No Comment!!!

LEAVE THE F@$&!^# HEADLIGHTS ALONE
« Last Edit: March 16, 2004, 02:29:37 AM by Fretless33 »

Black600rr

• Huge Member
    • http://www.nyfishbowl.com ~ Live, Work, Play
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2003, 12:36:26 AM »
Goro.. that just about sums up what I was thinking.

Unless you plan on doing the HID conversion. ;)
www.nyfishbowl.com ~ Live, Work, Play
1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo
2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 1.8t, 5spd
2002 Audi S4 QTMS
2003 Honda CBR600RR
2003 AM General Hummer H1
2004 Honda CBR1000RR (coming soon. . . )
2004 Honda S2000 Roadster (feb. delivery)

mabbottusmc

• US Marine
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2003, 01:24:36 AM »

This is what I've beenb told from honda about the lights. It's the style to have one on in Japan so they carried it over here. To make up for the extra power drain of the second headlight you have to be at 11k or above. It's not meant to be ridden with. I like to ride with my high beam on. But I'm also careful about pissing people off. They have to be able to see also. They also said that it's going to be corrected in 2004.

Goro

• FREAK Member
  • Yea It's a Cow!!!
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2003, 10:31:34 AM »
Well I guess since it is the trend over sea's it will take a while for it to catch on over here, since now most of these days cool stuff comes from over sea's. People adapt it will be COOL one day.  

Chuckles

• WARNING: Ground is harder than it may appear!
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2004, 04:13:18 AM »

They also said that it's going to be corrected in 2004.

What is going to be corrected? The power drain issue, or the independant headlight issue?  I have an '04 and it runs with one headlight...  Beutifully I might add.
check me out I ride the Blue one! guys

pUrExTc

• UH-OH.com is NOT work friendly!
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2004, 05:29:00 AM »
Unless you plan on doing the HID conversion. ;)

My friend got the HID conversion on his '03 black RR.  It looks pretty nice!  I like those bluish white lights over the yellowish orange colors.  anyone know where to get this?
Surgeon General's Warning: It's OK to smoke V8's.
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR (Stolen)
image removed. Sorry, see FAQ's

Chuckles

• WARNING: Ground is harder than it may appear!
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2004, 06:17:05 AM »
HID conversion kit can be found here http://www.2kracing.com/product_info.php/cPath/36/products_id/1716?osCsid=3694edcf53872a8737a13112c657272f

I think the RR takes the H7 but I can't recall for sure...
check me out I ride the Blue one! guys

pUrExTc

• UH-OH.com is NOT work friendly!
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2004, 05:50:17 PM »
so it's not like a car, where u can just put a HID type bulb inside?
Surgeon General's Warning: It's OK to smoke V8's.
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR (Stolen)
image removed. Sorry, see FAQ's

cpchillin

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2004, 06:00:16 PM »
HID's take a high voltage that is low wattage. To get the HID look without the advantages of HID's you can spend $45 and get the look. But remember you'll probably burn up a set of bulbs a year.

Ynotfly_600RR

• Newbies
  • Rising-Sun Minneapolis, Minnesota
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2004, 02:52:35 AM »
I have the cure for the damn headlight, that won't cost you a penny.  You will have to run the the bike with high beam at all time.  Here is the trick.  Turn on the light and switch it to high-beam.  Now pull the high-beam headlight (right headlight) out off it housing.  Tilt the high beam bulb to point up, do this until you get the same lumination with the low beam.  Once you have it, plug the rubber boot back in, but don't put the bulb back into its housing.  The rubber boot will hold it just fine.  I've been riding like this, and have taugh many peoples the trick.  So try it.  8)
Rising-Sun, Minneapolis, Minnesota

fretless33

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2004, 11:10:43 AM »
Just a little secret...

The fucking head light doesn't need a "cure" because it's working exacly the way the manufacturers intended it to work! I mean really everybody, once I found out that the headlights were suppose to be that way, I was like, Ok, and that was it...never focused on it again. Now people are fucking up their highbeams to "fix" that troublesome problem.

tabb

• Newbies
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2004, 02:11:58 PM »
I have the cure for the damn headlight, that won't cost you a penny.  You will have to run the the bike with high beam at all time.  Here is the trick.  Turn on the light and switch it to high-beam.  Now pull the high-beam headlight (right headlight) out off it housing.  Tilt the high beam bulb to point up, do this until you get the same lumination with the low beam.  Once you have it, plug the rubber boot back in, but don't put the bulb back into its housing.  The rubber boot will hold it just fine.  I've been riding like this, and have taugh many peoples the trick.  So try it.  8)

Ya, It'll work fine 'till road vibration displaces the bulb and it melts the housing. When lit, that H7 bulb will be hot enough to burn your skin/boil water within a couple of minutes. With nothing but a rubber boot holding it in place (beacuse you didn't replace the plastic retaining collar  :D) you are asking for trouble. At the very least, your bulb will burn out that much faster cause it's bouncing all over the place.

If running with 1 light bugs you that much then either ride with the high beam on 24/7, modify the lighting system properly.....or what Fretless said!!!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 01:03:36 AM by tabb »

Ynotfly_600RR

• Newbies
  • Rising-Sun Minneapolis, Minnesota
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2004, 12:42:25 AM »
TAPP;

I don't know what you are talking about, but it makes sense.  However, I have not had any problem with it.  You don't have to use this method if you don't want to.  
I have two 600rr, neither have any problem.  Thanks for your suggestion.  I like the look of two headlight, no the "cock-eye bitch".  U try it, if it happen to you than let me know then I will consider.
Rising-Sun, Minneapolis, Minnesota