Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: THE PACE  (Read 2335 times)

1FSTOLDGUY

• FREAK Member
  • '03 Duc 749. I will not bump my knee, I will not.
    • Cebrian's Home on the Web
THE PACE
« on: August 13, 2004, 06:32:34 PM »
With all the people going down around here and many newbees joining I thought it was time to re-visit the basics of street riding, particularly in group rides. This is an article written in Motorcyclist, Nov 91, by Nick Ienatsch. It's the best article I've ever read about common sense on the street and having a lot of fun while being safe. I've referenced this before but It's something I think we all need to read from time to time.  The link is for the complete first article and the link at the bottom of that page is for the followup article. Please read it, a lot of us are getting hurt and damaging our bikes because we are pushing too hard on the street. Newbees, read and learn. This guy is very motorcycle smart and faster than 99% of us. He knows what he's talking about. The smart groups use his method or a variation on it.  Ride safe, see ya out there.  Brian
http://www.mad-ducati.com/Articles/ThePace.html

By the way, my use of "newbee" is based on riding experience not physical age.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,  but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ".....Holy shit......what a ride!"
'03 Ducati 749 Bipoto "Rosa"
'93 Katana 600 "Rat Kat"

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
Re:THE PACE
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 02:38:06 AM »
This is a keeper for the Important thread section  8) 8)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2004, 02:38:32 AM by Fretless33 »
"There but for the grace of God go I"