Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Resizing large pictures...  (Read 2360 times)

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
Resizing large pictures...
« on: August 17, 2004, 09:09:58 PM »
This is intended for those who don't have expensive software to resize pictures (if you have the high end stuff, you probably know how).

If you use Windows, it comes equipped with a program called "Paint," itís been part of Windows pretty much since the beginning of time  :) Open paint then open the picture you want to resize, at the top click on the Image tab, then select Attributes which opens a window to resize your image, if the units isn't set to inches set it unless you know your pixels, I usually make my images 8x6 or 9x7, but that's all personal preference, save your image and post it  8)
"There but for the grace of God go I"

Jeff

• Hoofa King cares!
  • Administrator
  • FREAK Member
  • ...if I could reach it? You bet I would!
Re:Resizing large pictures...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 01:50:31 PM »
Another good option which I use for FREE and have been using for many years and thousands of photos is a program called Irfan View 32 from www.download.com

Visit www.download.com, search on Irfan, and you will find the latest version.  It's extremely reliable, very easy to use and best of all, it's free...
Jesus would have seen my blinker and let me in you dick!

marcmcm

• FREAK Member
  • I'm kinder and gentler...you should be too
    • PA Sportbikes
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 02:22:56 PM »
If you're running Windows XP, Microsoft has an add-in now that you can download for free that gives you the option when right-clicking on a picture to "Resize Picture".  I use it at work all the time and it works great.  As far as I know its only for XP though.

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 05:40:18 PM »
If you're running Windows XP, Microsoft has an add-in now that you can download for free that gives you the option when right-clicking on a picture to "Resize Picture".  I use it at work all the time and it works great.  As far as I know its only for XP though.

It's a Windows power toy and I just added it to my system  8)

http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/powertoys-xp.html
"There but for the grace of God go I"