Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: headlights  (Read 18772 times)

BlackOps

• FREAK Member
  • Yer f#*kn fired!
Re:headlights
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2003, 12:41:48 AM »
Yea where is my trash can :P
Never seen, Always heard

boba

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2003, 10:32:52 AM »
what I don't understand is people trying to get both lights on at the same time ... uhm, people, you already have it installed from the factory.  it's called the high-beam switch.

sorry if this comes off badly, but you seriously have to recognize that both the headlights on our RR's are EXACTLY THE SAME.  the difference lies in the reflector mechanism inside your headlight.

to achieve the low-beam effect on both sides, you need to CHANGE THE REFLECTOR which requires you to remove and replace the headlight, not the bulb, the entire light fixture ... so that both sides have the same reflection angle for the light.  THIS WILL ONLY GIVE YOU LOW-BEAMS.

to get high-beams, you need a completely different set-up ... you need two-stage bulbs, different wiring harness to handle the different current, a different switch set-up than stock, etc etc.

to sum up:  YOU CAN'T DO IT.  STOP TRYING.
2003 Red/Black 600RR
2 Wheels - 1 Gray-hair Incident - 0 Regrets

Christian

• FREAK Member
  • Let'r rip!
    • My website
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2003, 03:58:08 PM »
Nicely said boba.
-Chris
2003 Red CBR600RR
NESBA #302
CCS #793
M4 full exhaust, GoodRidge SS brake lines, SBK-3 pads, Yoydyne frame sliders, swingarm sliders, MD Performance bodywork, CFM Rearsets and Clip-ons, GPR steering stabilizer, Vortex sprockets

spankiema

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2003, 09:15:11 PM »
Boba, good reply...you should have just said to buy a second left side headlight housing and sat back for the dumbarse who tries to put the round peg in the square hole. "dude I need a sledge hammer"

boba

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2003, 10:47:49 AM »
haha ... I thought of that, actually.  but I'm a believer in karma, no need to mess with somebody THAT badly :)
2003 Red/Black 600RR
2 Wheels - 1 Gray-hair Incident - 0 Regrets

RandomJointer

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2003, 02:02:37 PM »
Hey Guys, Why not swap with a UK or Japanese rider. As you guys ride on the wrong side of the road  ;D I'll bet the reflectors are the mirror image. Only trouble is, who's gonna have the two high beams and who'll have the two low beams.

It's all down to fashion. Dunno if you guys get the little Italian scooters over there but they've had these lights for years, just like the Ducatti under seat exhaust. It takes the Italians to come up with the styles and the Japanese to come up with the bikes that don't fall to bits.

Random Jointer. Brighton. England

EndlessR

• FREAK Member
  • "Im rich beeiich!!"
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2003, 03:46:30 PM »
You guys shoulda bought an R6 or a Gixxer.....
"Im a scholar, people like me.."

BlackOps

• FREAK Member
  • Yer f#*kn fired!
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2003, 10:43:26 PM »
You guys shoulda bought an R6 or a Gixxer.....

Nicely said
Never seen, Always heard

Tufelhunden

• FREAK Member
    • Tufelhundens Website
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2003, 02:25:16 AM »
Hey Guys, Why not swap with a UK or Japanese rider. As you guys ride on the wrong side of the road  ;D I'll bet the reflectors are the mirror image. Only trouble is, who's gonna have the two high beams and who'll have the two low beams.

It's all down to fashion. Dunno if you guys get the little Italian scooters over there but they've had these lights for years, just like the Ducatti under seat exhaust. It takes the Italians to come up with the styles and the Japanese to come up with the bikes that don't fall to bits.

Random Jointer. Brighton. England

Actually, the NSR750 by Honda was the first bike with undertail exhausts.  FYI
Always remember this, Marines die.  That's what we're here for, but the Marine Corps lives forever.  And that means you live forever!

Ynotfly_600RR

• Newbies
  • Rising-Sun Minneapolis, Minnesota
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2004, 10:51:33 PM »
I have the cure for the damn headlight, that won't cost you a penny.  You will have to run the the bike with high beam at all time.  Here is the trick.  Turn on the light and switch it to high-beam.  Now pull the high-beam headlight (right headlight) out off it housing.  Tilt the high beam bulb to point up, do this until you get the same lumination with the low beam.  Once you have it, plug the rubber boot back in, but don't put the bulb back into its housing.  The rubber boot will hold it just fine.  I've been riding like this, and have taugh many peoples the trick.  So try it. 8)
Rising-Sun, Minneapolis, Minnesota

fretless33

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2004, 01:07:26 AM »
I have the cure for the damn headlight, that won't cost you a penny.  You will have to run the the bike with high beam at all time.  Here is the trick.  Turn on the light and switch it to high-beam.  Now pull the high-beam headlight (right headlight) out off it housing.  Tilt the high beam bulb to point up, do this until you get the same lumination with the low beam.  Once you have it, plug the rubber boot back in, but don't put the bulb back into its housing.  The rubber boot will hold it just fine.  I've been riding like this, and have taugh many peoples the trick.  So try it. 8)
First off the headlights don't need a fucking cure, because they work exactly how they're suppose to and what happens when you actually need the high beams?

pUrExTc

• UH-OH.com is NOT work friendly!
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2004, 02:14:02 AM »
wouldn't riding with the high beam on all the time put more drain on ur battery...causing our batteries to fail on us even more!?!?
Surgeon General's Warning: It's OK to smoke V8's.
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR (Stolen)
image removed. Sorry, see FAQ's

fretless33

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2004, 02:24:57 AM »
wouldn't riding with the high beam on all the time put more drain on ur battery...causing our batteries to fail on us even more!?!?
Yep  8)

pUrExTc

• UH-OH.com is NOT work friendly!
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2004, 02:50:18 AM »
i hate our faulty batteries...!   >:(
Surgeon General's Warning: It's OK to smoke V8's.
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR (Stolen)
image removed. Sorry, see FAQ's

600DubRizzle

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2004, 08:19:46 AM »
i hate our faulty batteries...!   >:(

Ain't a thing wrong with our batteries.  What's killing them is most likely short trips @ low rpm with the highbeam on.