Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Remus exhausts  (Read 2420 times)

1FSTOLDGUY

• FREAK Member
  • '03 Duc 749. I will not bump my knee, I will not.
    • Cebrian's Home on the Web
Remus exhausts
« on: July 10, 2004, 10:48:34 AM »
Iím directing this primarily to you guys in the motor/motorcycle business. Does anyone have any experience with the quality of Remus exhaust systems? Itís a German company. They have a full system for my duc for less than the slip-ons from any other company. Itís also a nice looking dual can system, in carbon or Ti, instead of that ugly single Iíve been seeing. I donít know anything about their overall quality of product. Thanks.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,  but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ".....Holy shit......what a ride!"
'03 Ducati 749 Bipoto "Rosa"
'93 Katana 600 "Rat Kat"

laubin

• FREAK Member
  • MSF SITH LORD
Re:Remus exhausts
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 09:15:38 PM »
remus is cheap and hard to find......NEVER seen one on a duc before...DO IT!!!!
The force is strong with you Young Skywalker, ...but you are not yet a Jedi...

1FSTOLDGUY

• FREAK Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 07:22:48 PM »
This is what it looks like on the 749/999
http://store2.yimg.com/I/motostrano_1792_1469420
http://store2.yimg.com/I/motostrano_1792_1506721

I'm still looking or some quality background. But for half the price of a Termni system I might be willing to risk it.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,  but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ".....Holy shit......what a ride!"
'93 Katana 600 "Rat Kat"

cpchillin

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 08:45:39 PM »
Remus has made OUTSTANDING exhausts for high-end cars for years. When I say high-end I mean Ferrari and the such. So if they make a motorcycle exhaust as good as that than the motorcycle exhaust should be awesome.

alpinestaRR

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2004, 04:41:26 PM »
my friend has an sv650 with a remus, exhaust sounds and looks great, so i'd assume they would make a nice exhaust for ducatis considering they did for a bargain basement bike.

Shad_03BlackRR

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2004, 02:54:02 PM »
I have a Remus exhaust, but it's on my car...an Acura Legend.  If their motorcycle exhausts are anything like the one on my car it'll be good!  Build quality is excellent!  Sound is AWESOME!  Not loud and annoying, but just right!   8)

StoicDude

• FREAK Member
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2004, 01:51:33 PM »
From what I nkow about Remus (mainly car related) they are very good. I have seen alot of other ducatis with remus pipes (on web sites that is), but most of them are ducati monsters that have these exhausts. If you go to ducatimonster.org (I believe) I think that they can help you out with the questions about the quality and the sound. From the pics that you have posted the dual set up looks sweet on the 749.
BTW, I would also check if Remus is currently making the Ducati Performance exhausts, because somebody was telling me that the company that usually makes them was switched.
Kent Brockman to Homer: " Mr. Simpson, how do you explain the fact that misdemeanors, such as graffitti, are down 80%, and heavy sack beatings are up 900% ?"

1FSTOLDGUY

• FREAK Member
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2004, 05:08:22 PM »
I asked the same thing on the Ducati Austin website and the moderator told me that Remus makes the Ducati Performance exhausts for the Monsters but not Superbike.  He also said that the quality was excelent. now I just need the $900 for the exhaust and the what ever it's going to cost for the ECU changes to support the better flow. (I have to get rid of the cat converters of get use to having hard boiled eggs for testicals)
'93 Katana 600 "Rat Kat"

honiton

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2004, 12:49:37 AM »
Get Remus, it is a great exhaust for car, so the exhaust for the bike should be good too.  

Endless

• Endless's very own group
  • Cold Chillin'
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2004, 12:09:34 PM »
Wow, never seen that before.  I wonder if it sounds like the Termigoni's.....
Machines own the straights.  Riders own the corners.