Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Brake bleeding - How To  (Read 30081 times)

Nihon Newbie

• FREAK Member
  • It's like a semi-controlled, near-death experience
    • Page for my 49 state bike tour
Re: Brake bleeding - How To
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2013, 09:37:31 PM »
Just looked around and can't find much on this either. I have a non C-ABS 600RR, and it's super easy.

The fluid is probably fine, but if you want to do it, just buy the service manual for your specific bike. It's only like 50, and will tell and show you how to do just about any wrenching on the bike. WAY cheaper than paying the stealership to do it.

As for supplies, which will be the same, you'll need some clear plastic tubing that's about 3 feet long, and fits snugly onto the bleed nipples located on each brake caliper. I'd guess about 4mm or 5mm INTERNAL diameter for the tubing. The nipples are all the same size, and you'll need an 8mm spanner wrench to open and close them. NOT an adjustable crescent wrench! lol.   

After you're all done with the bleed job, the nipples will need to be tightened to the appropriate torque listed in the manual. This is very important. Too loose and they might fall out and leak, too tight and you might strip the threads. Use an accurate torque wrench.
1972 CB100 K2 - Fully Restored || 2008 CBR600RR - Street/Track || 1985 CH150 - Under Construction || 2007 CBR600RR Street/Track - (Sold: May/2011) || 1982 Urban Express NU50m - (Sold: May/2011) || 2006 CBR600RR - My First Bike (sold: 05/2007)

Jekel

• Newbies
Re: Brake bleeding - How To
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2013, 04:04:58 AM »
Just thought I'd give an update, I bled the brakes on the ABS and followed a non ABS guide, all worked out fine.  Happy days :)