Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: CBR 600 RR Drivetrain  (Read 3786 times)

68 stang

• FNG
  • I'm a llama!
CBR 600 RR Drivetrain
« on: May 07, 2003, 05:47:04 PM »
My school is doing a project, and we would like to get a CBR 600 RR engine and tranny.  Mostly because we are limited to 600 cc's.  We figured we should get the most power out of a stock one as we can.  If anyone has one, we would be interested.  Thank you.

Jeff

• Hoofa King cares!
  • Administrator
  • FREAK Member
  • ...if I could reach it? You bet I would!
Re:CBR 600 RR Drivetrain
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2003, 07:52:39 PM »
I'm guessing that you don't realize that this bike is less than 1 month old to the general public...

You won't find a motor or tranny for at least a year.

You can find F4 motors for around $1k...  Watch ebay for them...
Jesus would have seen my blinker and let me in you dick!

68 stang

• FNG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2003, 03:02:21 AM »
I relize that the bike is less than a month old.  We do not need the motor tomarrow, however in the next six months would be nice.  I figured that some of the bikes would probably get totaled within the timeframe that I am looking for.  

Also, I was under the impression that some race teams get a new bike and yank the drivetrain for something else.  While the old motor sits in the back corner of a shop somewhere.  I am a car guy at heart and am learning about bikes as I go along.

Thanks.

cpchillin

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2003, 09:26:43 PM »
The first bike that my dealership sold was wrecked and the guy didn't have insurance. The last thing that I heard was that it was going to be almost $7500 for him to fix. I'm gonna try to buy his bike if he wants to sell it and I might sell the engine and tranny, but it won't be cheap!! I'll keep you posted

chRRis

Jeff

• Hoofa King cares!
  • Administrator
  • FREAK Member
  • ...if I could reach it? You bet I would!
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2003, 09:22:15 AM »
Oh yeah... I forgot about this thread...

I have, in my garage, a complete NEW RR motor, complete with everything (airbox, dual-stage injectors, all electronics) $3000...

Shipping in the lower 48 will be about $100...
Jesus would have seen my blinker and let me in you dick!