Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Flat battery  (Read 1590 times)

Cluck46

• Cluck
Flat battery
« on: March 29, 2016, 09:26:38 AM »
When I charge my battery up to the max then. Ride my bike for half hour it's discharging.its got to be the battery I think because it will only last a few days charged when bike Is left standing.battery is good starting point to change first.any ideas
Matris steering damper bewolf radiatior guard.and a mad connection between the handlebars to the seat 🙄

jag75

Re: Flat battery
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 08:43:16 PM »
Stator , rectifier

excat

• FREAK Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 09:44:46 AM »
Check your battery first. - Fully charge your battery, hook volt meter up to it after full charge, and start bike. Let bike come up to temp idling (switch high beam on and off a few times, this will help level the voltage off since it just came off of a charger), and increase engine RPM to roughly 5k rpm, what does the volt meter show? If you are in the 14v+ range, I would start with replacing your battery and going for a long ride,  as more than likely your charging system is fine.

<14v, it's time to start trouble shooting your charging system.

jag75

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 11:26:34 PM »
Shouldn't your volts read a tad more then 12 when the bike is running ? That ensures the charging system is working . If the charging system is faulty it will not keep your battery charged as you use the power . A bad charging system will drain a brand new battery quick . As my buddy found out and had to get towed by holding on to a rope .....good times. Always start with the smallest possible issue and work your way to the more serious.

kevin_600rr

• FNG
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 05:26:50 PM »
My bike went totally dead (no lights or anything) after letting it sit for a few rainy weeks. I tried charging the battery and it didn't help (even though my charger said the battery was full).

The shop took a look and said the battery "broke", the mechanic explained it can happen on these bikes. He suggested getting a good quality battery.

Hope that helps :)

-Kevin

Cluck46

• Cluck
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 10:29:57 AM »
I've put a new battery in the bike same problem.rectifier next I think then stator if it does the same im gutted it's showing 13.7.v I just don't know  ???
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 10:32:18 AM by Cluck46 »
Matris steering damper bewolf radiatior guard.and a mad connection between the handlebars to the seat 🙄

Cluck46

• Cluck
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 02:55:27 PM »
Job done guys bad earth from battery