Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: 2013 honda cbr600rr eletrical issues, shorted wires. Stator bad? Diodes?  (Read 1114 times)

abmmattstacks

• FNG
  • 2013 cbr 600rr took over my life
Hey guys got a problem with my bike but needed some input from yall. Bike isn't holding a charge with a new battery. 1st battery is good checked to make sure no open/dead cells and load tested good, next checked D/C voltage at battery connections with a well charged battery and the voltage drops to around 12.11 and slowly drops with the bike on and running at idle. Seems stator is bad as it produces around 30 volts AC Voltage at 5000rpms.heard it should be around 50-70v. Checked A/C voltage on multimeter,(Not D/C) at battery for shits and giggles and the multimeter jumps around. Heard this could be the cause of a faulty Rectifier diode not converting all the A/C power to D/C power. While checking wires I noticed 5 wires melted together that run to my ECU. One of those wires is definitely a ground wire that others connect to. This explains why when riding one time my dash flickered and bike loss HP power with also eletrical power loss. Turned key off and back to on and bike turned right on. Rode her home and battery was low so starting was hard eventually had to push start and noticed the gauges were going out. Had to Rev up to keep illuminated. Since then I have re wrapped all 5 wires with eletrical tape. I must note that my front brake sensor is jammed in the on position so I disconnected it. Also I installed a switch to my low beam HID to turn off all lights on start up. While doing this switch I think I messed up the wiring . I even got shocked through the red and blue Hid insulation And it fuckin hurt lol. I'm guessing this sent a back charge and burnt my 20amp fuse which was blown after, and I'm guessing melted the 5 wires together. I have removed the hids and low beam switch. Battery still won't charge up all the way. So I'm guessing stator shorted out . ORDERED both stator and RR so awaiting parts, but what about the diodes. I heard those can affect the way the battery charges back up. I checked the diode in the fuse box underneath the seat and it works as when I plugged it back in I didn't plug it in all the way and the neutral shift light wouldn't turn on. kind of freaked me out so I took it out and put it back in and the neutral light came back on so  it was just never plugged in all the way. I'm going to clean my ground connections on the left side of the bike by the frame 3 connections hook up to..... this has been such a pain in the ass since I thought it all started from the honda servo buddy I installed after I took out my servo motor and it worked fine for months, then eventually I got the code 34 which let me know that the servo motor wasn't detected.I habe replugged the stick servo motor back in and now it throws a code 35 which is the servo position dealer told me honda buddy was bad ordered new one installed it then bike entered limp mode while riding. So either I shorted my wires from hid install or honda servo buddy shorted them out ... any info helps and I know I'm dumb for trying things on my own but learning is fun and is a process ! Thanks
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 02:21:04 PM by abmmattstacks »
Follow me on IG @cbrmattstacks

abmmattstacks

• FNG
  • 2013 cbr 600rr took over my life
Re: 2013 honda cbr600rr eletrical issues, shorted wires. Stator bad? Diodes?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 01:00:48 AM »
Update : stator was fried to replaced and all was good at least with charging. Bike still shuts off while riding, I'm hoping it's because I didn't fully tighten the battery terminals but if not I'm not sure what it can be other than fried ECU.
Follow me on IG @cbrmattstacks