Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Day 1  (Read 1406 times)

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
Day 1
« on: March 05, 2016, 11:43:00 PM »
http://imgur.com/R6sprN5

You know this is a good sign: The bike had been sitting since October. I didn't pull the 13 year old battery and she fired right up. Tires weren't even off pressure. It's a good year my friends. This season is going to rock.

The roads here are absolutely covered with gravel and the parking lots are even worse. With temperatures around 15C I had to take it to work. It wasn't a lot of riding but to finally get on the bike and destroyed a G35 on the way to work, it was a good feeling.

She needs a wash and a wax. And I have to get on the chain asap.
2003 CBR600RR - LCR Honda MotoGP racing body kit, Watsen Designs flush mount signals, Sunstar sprockets, D.I.D. X-Ring race chain, GPR GPE Titanium Carbon Fibre race pipe, Pazzo shorty gold levers, CustomLED Intergrated rear signal/brake light, Puig fender eliminator, PCV, K&N race air filter

Nihon Newbie

• FREAK Member
  • It's like a semi-controlled, near-death experience
    • Page for my 49 state bike tour
Re: Day 1
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 12:04:09 PM »
I shudder to think about riding in those conditions; you've got balls man :thumb:
1972 CB100 K2 - Fully Restored || 2008 CBR600RR - Street/Track || 1985 CH150 - Under Construction || 2007 CBR600RR Street/Track - (Sold: May/2011) || 1982 Urban Express NU50m - (Sold: May/2011) || 2006 CBR600RR - My First Bike (sold: 05/2007)

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
Re: Day 1
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 09:18:10 PM »
I shudder to think about riding in those conditions; you've got balls man :thumb:
Well it's like roulette. Eventually it catches up with you. 2 years ago I was horsing around, used too much throttle, and threw my bike down the street because of gravel. *Usually* if you're careful and not a meat head you're fine. The first three months of spring/summer are always sketch here. They need to sweep all the streets and parking lots, it just takes time. Then the rain comes, washes all the rest of the gravel back into the road, and they sweep again. Happens every year. I'm actually surprised all I've had was a 6mph wipe out. I've ridden way too hard in all the wrong conditions. Even took it out one day in -8C with ice all over the road. But, when you've got the itch, you can't wait 4 months for things to be perfect, you just go out and ride. I know lots of people who don't touch their bikes until June because that's when they know the roads are clear. Fuck that.
2003 CBR600RR - LCR Honda MotoGP racing body kit, Watsen Designs flush mount signals, Sunstar sprockets, D.I.D. X-Ring race chain, GPR GPE Titanium Carbon Fibre race pipe, Pazzo shorty gold levers, CustomLED Intergrated rear signal/brake light, Puig fender eliminator, PCV, K&N race air filter