Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: CBR600rr Front Brake Issue  (Read 2182 times)

siyanor

• FNG
CBR600rr Front Brake Issue
« on: January 12, 2016, 02:21:32 AM »
Hello There,
This is my first post in this forum and I have already enjoyed readying many of posts here.
First of all I have got to say I have gone through most of post related to Brake issue but I have done most of them and still not useful.
I have bought a CBR600rr 2010  about  four months ago. The front brake was fine for about one and half month and then I decided to check on front shock absorber( I hope this is what they call it  8) ) which I took to a garage for this matter.
On Next day I felt that front bike is not as it used to be , within two days the leveler went all down as there was not space for braking .I was careless enough not to notice that there was a  little twist in pipe between res and Brake cylinder which I came to know when I was about to do bleeding. I did the bleeding from clippers both sides and up (near Cylinder)and for almost a week it was fine and again brake leveler loose issue was back .
I went to the same garage and he did the bleeding which again after a week the same issue was back. I was doing this for a month and even I thought to buy a cylinder rebuilt kit ,but even that could not fix my issue.
The thing I noticed every time I do bleeding is that , there is no air coming out from two bleeders near clippers side  but there is air in bleeder near brake cylinder.

Is there anyone who has faced such an issue or can give me any tips or advise in this regards.

Peace,

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
Re: CBR600rr Front Brake Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 09:14:25 PM »
I'm not sure what a brake cylinder is, but if you have air in the line, anywhere, you're not bleeding them correctly.
2003 CBR600RR - LCR Honda MotoGP racing body kit, Watsen Designs flush mount signals, Sunstar sprockets, D.I.D. X-Ring race chain, GPR GPE Titanium Carbon Fibre race pipe, Pazzo shorty gold levers, CustomLED Intergrated rear signal/brake light, Puig fender eliminator, PCV, K&N race air filter

Nihon Newbie

• FREAK Member
  • It's like a semi-controlled, near-death experience
    • Page for my 49 state bike tour
Re: CBR600rr Front Brake Issue
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 08:03:44 PM »
Make sure you bleed from the brake master cylinder last, after the calipers. Make sure you do this with the little reservoir bottle uncapped, and add fresh fluid as you bleed it out. After the bleeding, you need to squeeze the lever a dozen or more times to build up pressure in the lines. If after a week the lever goes all the way to the grip audio, you likely have a leak somewhere.
1972 CB100 K2 - Fully Restored || 2008 CBR600RR - Street/Track || 1985 CH150 - Under Construction || 2007 CBR600RR Street/Track - (Sold: May/2011) || 1982 Urban Express NU50m - (Sold: May/2011) || 2006 CBR600RR - My First Bike (sold: 05/2007)