Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Haven't posted in a bit...I hit a brick  (Read 1753 times)

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
Haven't posted in a bit...I hit a brick
« on: November 25, 2015, 12:53:49 AM »
I hit a brick going about 80 mph at the end of September...The car in front of me passed over the brick and I discovered it was right in my path and had no chance of reacting, I didn't go down, but it scared the crap out of me. Had an instant, violent tank slapper, stayed relaxed and let the bike sort things out, but then had to exit the freeway with a Flinstones flat front tire! I was stranded in a bad neighborhood, ended up getting flagged down as I pushed my bike down the sidewalk by some bikers at a tire shop, but they didn't have a rim, waited all day for their buddy with a flatbed tow truck and then paid 150.oo for the 30 mile tow back to my house, because motorcycle towing isn't covered by State Farm! Was a very bad day and put my bike out of commission since I can't afford a new rim right now...any way, I just thought I would share that with you and keep this in mind anytime you speed on the roads...you never know what might be out there...

"There but for the grace of God go I"

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
Re: Haven't posted in a bit...I hit a brick
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 11:24:52 AM »
Bloody hell glad you're ok! Looks like it's time for some BST or Dymag racing wheels? Haha  :thumb:
2003 CBR600RR - LCR Honda MotoGP racing body kit, Watsen Designs flush mount signals, Sunstar sprockets, D.I.D. X-Ring race chain, GPR GPE Titanium Carbon Fibre race pipe, Pazzo shorty gold levers, CustomLED Intergrated rear signal/brake light, Puig fender eliminator, PCV, K&N race air filter

Cluck46

• Cluck
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 06:16:04 AM »
Did you stand up and jump it.it happened to me once but not so fast.fillter though traffic and it was on the white line lol.
Matris steering damper bewolf radiatior guard.and a mad connection between the handlebars to the seat 🙄

Nihon Newbie

• FREAK Member
  • It's like a semi-controlled, near-death experience
    • Page for my 49 state bike tour
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 08:00:33 PM »
Sorry to hear about the bike damage and pricey tow, but glad you're ok man!!
1972 CB100 K2 - Fully Restored || 2008 CBR600RR - Street/Track || 1985 CH150 - Under Construction || 2007 CBR600RR Street/Track - (Sold: May/2011) || 1982 Urban Express NU50m - (Sold: May/2011) || 2006 CBR600RR - My First Bike (sold: 05/2007)

jag75

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 03:36:46 PM »
So it's safe to say you sh!+ a brick lol. Good thing you kept it up right .

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 07:31:24 PM »
I can honestly say I can't recall a time I have been more shaken up by a motorcycle experience! It was eye opening! I'm still looking for a freaking rim to replace the old one also!
"There but for the grace of God go I"