Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: 600RR long distance touring  (Read 6276 times)

Austin007

Re:600RR long distance touring
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2004, 12:45:40 PM »
...a brand new 2004...what?

ANyways,  what do you Canadians think of this: do I get a slightly used 03 600RR for around $9000 or less (I haven't dealt a price out yet but I'm sure $8500-$8750 is acceptable),
or
a brand new 03 for $9999?

Endless

• Endless's very own group
  • Cold Chillin'
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2004, 01:05:59 PM »
On Saturday, we rode for about 3.5 hours, and man man ass felt like a brick by the end of the day.  Ever look at the Interceptor?  Good looking bike, and it's a sport tourer, i think.
Machines own the straights.  Riders own the corners.

jezterr

• FREAK Member
  • (^_^)
    • juniormonkey.com
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2004, 01:07:56 PM »
that $9000 is $6750 in US money. sounds like a good deal to me. if it's the used one with only a couple thousand miles on it and no major flaws, i'd get it... but if you wanna fork over an extra $1k for a used one, i'd do that, too... dunno. all depends on what you think you'll benefit from a brand new bike as opposed to one that's broken in. got mine new because i wanted to know for sure that nothing's ever happened to it...
Quote from: laxrider04
i used to be a pirate.....yarrrr
juniormonkey.com

vidoprof

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2004, 01:19:04 PM »
So I guess this is where I chime in.  I use this bike strictly for touring.  I take roughly 100-300 mile trips on the bad boy.. yeah my ass is sore as hell but I love the thing.. and it looks sweet as hell..  

I don't mind at all how uncomfortable I am on it, which isn't much except for my ass, as long as the thing looks sweet... and the RR sure does.

I bought my bike based on style, then performance, and then comfort.. of course I am 28 years young and can afford to do this.  :)

Ryan

DaBeachBum

• FREAK Member
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2004, 01:23:16 PM »
I think most riders here in Cali would say that 100-300  on a jaunt isn't technically "touring". I would say you're "touring" if you spend at least 2 days riding over 1000 miles or something more like that. Bikes built for that kind of comfort are "touring" friendly.

tpstyles

• Sweeeeeeeeet!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2004, 01:49:45 PM »
I plan on taking a cross country trip this summer on my RR (Alabama to Arizona and back).  I know it will be a painful trip, but I was wandering if anyone has any experience with a Corbin seat and how much difference it made?

rjh200

• FREAK Member
  • I'm Addicted
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2004, 02:01:38 PM »
I have one and it makes a big difference.  I love it.  I also have lower back problems and the seat helps me ride for longer without my back bothering me.  
Bring on the squids, I need part for my bike.

desertcbr

• FREAK Member
  • Nothing but sun!
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2004, 02:22:12 PM »
I plan on taking a cross country trip this summer on my RR (Alabama to Arizona and back).  I know it will be a painful trip, but I was wandering if anyone has any experience with a Corbin seat and how much difference it made?

I would not recommend "touring" in AZ in the summer unless you are ready to fry! It's one thing if you're in a AC vehicle, but remember you will be riding on your bike in temps well above 100 degrees! If you do plan to drink like a fish, more than a gallon a day for sure.

D
Desertcbr now with wings! -   "Fear is the mind-killer"  D=Dan

Austin007

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2004, 04:12:30 PM »
All good stuff guys, thx.  But the dealer now told me they want $9600 for the used one (1500km on it)!  He then offered me a new 2003 for $9900.  Told him to shove the used one.  I dunno what I'm gonna do, didn't want to get over 11 grand again after taxes.  Starting to look at an R1 now anyway.

trd2000

• FNG
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2017, 11:45:53 PM »
I guarantee you that not a single owner of the RR has even had a sliver of a thought of touring with it!! There is no way in hell that someone could make it more than 200miles in a straight line on the RR. Yeah we might lie to ourselves and say that the seat is comfortable enough but we all know the seat SUCKS! Forget the RR and the F4i both of them aren't good for touring. Now the best Honda for touring and being able to rock through the twisties is the Interceptor. Comfort is great and you can get hard saddlebags for it, but they are expensive around $1000. I myself almost got the Interceptor instead of the RR. Have fun with whatever you get.

LMAO....  i know this thread is ludicrously old but i wonder if this guy ever re-thought his "guarantee"? i did 30,000km (18,000 miles) within 3 months of buying my RR back in 08. I'm actually looking at how to set it up for a round australia ride next month (which is how i found the post) .... and theres plenty who have adventured further and wilder than me.