Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Worst Time of Year  (Read 1757 times)

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
Worst Time of Year
« on: November 03, 2015, 07:10:48 PM »
Well fellas, I don't know what the weather is like in your area, but here it's starting to snow. That means my season has officially ended and the bike is going away in the next few days. I just had winter tires put on the car this morning. If you live in a place where you can ride year round, twist at least once for me. Know that I will be suffering endlessly. On the plus side, no speeding tickets this year, and my new favourite tire is the Pirelli Rosso Corsa. I thought the 2CT was a great tire, and still do. But the turn in on the Pirelli, the lifespan, the confidence, definitely the better tire. Thanks WSBK. I'll be buying some Isle of Man reviews to hold me over this winter, and Road was just put up on Netflix and have already enjoyed that one.
Enjoy your winter riding, but above all else, stay within your limits and keep your head on a swivel.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
2003 CBR600RR - LCR Honda MotoGP racing body kit, Watsen Designs flush mount signals, Sunstar sprockets, D.I.D. X-Ring race chain, GPR GPE Titanium Carbon Fibre race pipe, Pazzo shorty gold levers, CustomLED Intergrated rear signal/brake light, Puig fender eliminator, PCV, K&N race air filter

jag75

Re: Worst Time of Year
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 06:36:54 PM »
You poor guy . I feel for you all who live in true winter areas. It's almost 70 here right . I need a front tire really bad. I'm not comfortable riding on it .

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 09:21:48 PM »
If you can get a good deal on a set of Rosso Corsa's, definitely give those a try, I promise you will not be disappointed.
The weather here may suck, but it's still a good place to live. I may bitch, but it's just because I love my bike so much. If I were a "normal" person I'd just have a jacked up pickup truck and drive around like I own the place.
2003 CBR600RR - LCR Honda MotoGP racing body kit, Watsen Designs flush mount signals, Sunstar sprockets, D.I.D. X-Ring race chain, GPR GPE Titanium Carbon Fibre race pipe, Pazzo shorty gold levers, CustomLED Intergrated rear signal/brake light, Puig fender eliminator, PCV, K&N race air filter

doctornige

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 04:39:30 AM »
No snow here yet, but it is raining and raining and raining. Northern England has suffered millions of pounds in flood damage. I dislike riding in the wet under any circumstances, but I want to get the bike up to Speedycom in Chapel-en-le-Frith to get some LED mini indicators fitted.

This time of the year is also the period when Motorcycle Live runs at the NEC in Birmingham. So riding appetites are whetted, just at the roads are wetted. Brilliant.

The bike show was interesting if you are looking at sports bikes. It is clear that sports bikes are back, big time. MV Agusta, Aprilia, BMW and Kawasaki were all pushing their hyperbikes. Even the 1299 Panigale was looking drab compared to the Kawasaki H2 and the MV F4 RC. The MV was assisted a little in the attention stakes because MV had staffed their stand with lapdancers from the Spearmint Rhino strip club. Nevertheless, a visit to the Honda stand was a different experience. Honda were all about the Africa Twin. The Fireblade was looking smart in SP format, but the 600RR, despite being wrapped in the lovely Repsol scheme, really was looking like an old dear.

Honda know that they need to step up their game, and we know from the press that an all new Fireblade is in the offing to take the bike into the electronic era, with a V4 hyperbike also planned. We can only hope that our beloved 600RR gets some trickle-down attention to keep these wonderful bikes in the game ... a game that seems to be shifting towards the territory occupied by the bigger, yet still light, Triumph Daytona 675R, MV Agusta F3800, and the Suzuki GSX-R750.

Interesting times for the supersport class.
2006 Honda CBR600RR Movistar edition. Blue double bubble, single seat conversion, sprinkling of sexually attractive carbon fibre, annoying Datatool alarm, useless rider.

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 09:57:10 AM »
Yup even the middle class is starting to disappear. Everyone seems to be putting out a 959 or the like. I'm a lonely sod around here with my 2003 600cc. Almost every single person I know has a litrebike. The 600 does everything I need but even I'm starting to get the itch to move up to a 1000. All it would mean is that I would just get more speeding tickets. I'm not fooling myself.
The bike show here isn't all that good. The motorcycle demographic in Canada, and Calgary, is pretty small. Now pickup trucks, that's something big. *groan*

jag75

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 01:42:06 AM »
A buddy of mine swears by those corsas. I've been using dunlop Q2 now Q3. Never had an issue with em. Maybe my next set I'll get the corsas. I've rode a few liter bikes . My brothers 06 gixxer , and my buddies rc51 which is more manageable then my brothers gixxer. That thing is just stupid powerful. Don't know if I'd ever get a liter but if I did it probably be the rsv4 Aprilia. I'd like to ride the new 899 duc . I don't even ride my 600 to its fullest capability. And it's paid off lol

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 11:43:35 AM »
A buddy of mine swears by those corsas. I've been using dunlop Q2 now Q3. Never had an issue with em. Maybe my next set I'll get the corsas. I've rode a few liter bikes . My brothers 06 gixxer , and my buddies rc51 which is more manageable then my brothers gixxer. That thing is just stupid powerful. Don't know if I'd ever get a liter but if I did it probably be the rsv4 Aprilia. I'd like to ride the new 899 duc . I don't even ride my 600 to its fullest capability. And it's paid off lol
I'm putting in my say for the Rosso Corsa. The Michelins I had were fantastic. The Rosso's take it to the next level.
I can't afford a litrebike. And I have nowhere to put it. So I'll be staying on the 600. But if I had the money and the space I would probably upgrade. I'd probably go Yamaha to be honest, always wanted to try one of those. I've ridden the RSV4 Factory in 2010 and it was absolutely bonkers. I had trouble with neutral though and it got maybe 100miles per tank of gas in race mode. I usually go for longer distances than that so I need something with better range, 175miles+ would be ideal. And it leaked. My friend had to take his in four times to get it repaired. Can't enjoy the bike if it's always in the shop. Sitting at a stop light and all you can smell is burning oil on the case, some smoke, wondering if you can make it home. Not my idea of a weekend.