Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Moviestar  (Read 2333 times)

Cluck46

• Cluck
Moviestar
« on: July 07, 2015, 04:54:10 PM »
How can you tell a original moviestar cbr600rr ?
Matris steering damper bewolf radiatior guard.and a mad connection between the handlebars to the seat 🙄

Cluck46

• Cluck
Re: Moviestar
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 01:31:49 PM »
Thanks you really answered my question there.thats what I was hoping to hear.you should come on here more often
Matris steering damper bewolf radiatior guard.and a mad connection between the handlebars to the seat 🙄

doctornige

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 04:45:07 AM »
I haz Movistar. You bought the RIGHT bike. They are actually quite rare here in the UK. I have only ever seen one other on the road.
2006 Honda CBR600RR Movistar edition. Blue double bubble, single seat conversion, sprinkling of sexually attractive carbon fibre, annoying Datatool alarm, useless rider.

Cluck46

• Cluck
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 10:55:25 AM »
Yeah mine is the only one I've seen as well.ive been talking to a guy in Italy who says the moviestars are numbered.only 400 were made and his is numbered 44 and has a plate saying its a special edition number 44 around the fuel cap on tank.and got a carbon tail pipe with another plate saying.cbr600rr moviestar number 44🤕.mine got none of that.its got original Honda fairing no Chinese copy's and got silver frame.phoned Honda dealership its comes up as moviestar.ive phoned Honda uk office the are getting back in touch with me on the 17th of December.if so its true yours is one out of 400 and all let u know bud I be nice to know👍🏻

doctornige

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 12:00:03 PM »
Mine has a HRC carbon sticker over the filler surround (to match the HRC carbon effect tank protector), so I cannot see if it has a limited run label on it. I am not sure they did that with all the Movistars. Mine is definitely genuine and has the silver frame. All the paint code stickers are correct, everything is perfectly sized and in the right place.

Now the tail pipe ... mine is carbon, but that is because I swapped the original foundry grey version out. I have also replaced the hugger, the sprocket cover and the heatshield with carbon, just because it looks smarter. Yes, I re-decalled the carbon hugger with the Black Prince logo.

The real bugger with these original liveried bikes is if you damage a fairing. I destroyed my mudguard with a disk lock and it took 8 weeks to get that fixed because of the paint match and the need to exactly match the size and style of the decals.

I look forward to hearing what Honda UK have to say. I suspect they will tell you that you have an original Movistar, and they they only numbered the first 50 or something.

Where in the UK are you? It would be neat to see both the bikes together.
2006 Honda CBR600RR Movistar edition. Blue double bubble, single seat conversion, sprinkling of sexually attractive carbon fibre, annoying Datatool alarm, useless rider.

Cluck46

• Cluck
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 01:59:50 PM »
Mine got the hrc tank protection pad as well.the guy in Italy day only 400 in world so he says very rare jewel.all plastics are Honda on backs silver frame she is a original a Honda dealership said it came up when he took the number plate.im going to find out what number is she because they are all numbered should be.ive seen 200 odd.guy in Italy mate got one.only 5 in Italy he reckons

Cluck46

• Cluck
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 02:02:09 PM »
I live in s Wales

Cluck46

• Cluck
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 02:05:59 PM »
And the tank got original Honda safety stickers on too

doctornige

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2015, 04:43:18 PM »
I actually took the safety stickers off because I got tired of being told to wear my helmet in German. I put a Movistar 'jelly baby' 'M' there when I got the sticker set for the new mudguard.

Scottynapalm

• FNG
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2016, 02:43:51 AM »

Hi gents I got 1 tooπŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Fast and hard

Cluck46

• Cluck
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 03:16:15 AM »
Cool that's 3 in U.K. Where are you from

Scottynapalm

• FNG
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2016, 01:58:15 PM »
Devon. I went to view a house with my father in law yesterday and there was a 2007 Movistar in the garage(original)

Fast and hard

Cluck46

• Cluck
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2016, 04:06:44 PM »
Mine is a 07 and original.cant be a lot that shape 2007 plate about