Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Trying to get my 07 cbr600rr started  (Read 1452 times)

captaincoolz

• FNG
Trying to get my 07 cbr600rr started
« on: June 04, 2015, 09:26:25 PM »
I'm trying to get my 07 CBr600rr back up and running after a crash that left most of the nose destroyed or missing.  The battery works and I recently purchased a bank assist sensor pump sound is back working, however when I push the start button, it doesn't start.  What do I need in order for me get it started?  Speedometer?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/elgf9w5md407jd2/20150526_163510.jpg?dl=0 :'(

jag75

Re: Trying to get my 07 cbr600rr started
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 10:34:56 PM »
Do you have spark? Is all the wires connected to the battery tight? Is your fuel pump working? Check your hoses to make sure you have venting or air flow . You need fuel ,spark and air for the bike to run . Maybe a fuse . Check all the little stuff and hopefully you will find the culprit. Good luck and keep us posted.

captaincoolz

• FNG
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 12:00:47 AM »
When I turn the keys, brake light and turns signals work,  I purchased the bank sensor today and fuel pump sound is working as normal, fuel is at 75%.  Just need it to start.  I called a salvage part, the guy didn't seem to know a whole lot or he just trying to sell me something, but he said that in order for it start, I need the speedometer to complete the electrical circuit and that's the cause for the inability to start the engine.   ???

jag75

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 08:34:46 AM »
Ok so you don't have the speedometer hooked up? Not sure about the wire harness off the speedo cluster. Maybe you do need the harness off the speedo. Hopefully someone here has prior knowledge of this and will help out. When you turn ur key on you hear your fuel pump prime. Kill switch in right position.  Now when you push the start button what happens?

captaincoolz

• FNG
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 07:43:02 PM »
When the turn the keys and the red switch, the brake light and pump works as usual.  But when push the start button, it doesn't do anything. ???

jag75

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 01:28:35 PM »
I don't have a manual but it could be that the cluster for speedo has the ignition as well. I'm taking a guess but apparantly during ur crash the speedo display was distroyed so you are trying to start the bike without the dash. If this is the case then plug it in and see if the bike will crank over . You need to find a manual with the wire diagram.