Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Can I get 35mm of sag on a 05 cbr600rr without changing springs  (Read 1436 times)

hondacbr600rr

• Newbies
Is it even possible with the stock springs to hit 35mm of sag being 160-165 with gear on. I've seen a lot of videos saying the rear spring is to stiff and all the preload needs to be taken out and the front usually needs to much preload and rebound added. Hoping maybe someone on here as set there's or got It close with stock springs. I'm going to try and set mine up once I find someone to help me take all the measurements I need.

Nihon Newbie

• FREAK Member
  • It's like a semi-controlled, near-death experience
    • Page for my 49 state bike tour
Re: Can I get 35mm of sag on a 05 cbr600rr without changing springs
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 11:20:55 PM »
I don't know that we have any active, resident suspension gurus at the moment...I've always had good luck with calling Dave Moss Tuning, or even RaceTech. So long as you're nice, and catch them at a good time, they'll usually try to help you out. Look on youtube, too, from time to time the pros will post some really informative stuff...just gets harder to find those kind of videos for 9 year old bikes, unfortunately. Good luck!
1972 CB100 K2 - Fully Restored || 2008 CBR600RR - Street/Track || 1985 CH150 - Under Construction || 2007 CBR600RR Street/Track - (Sold: May/2011) || 1982 Urban Express NU50m - (Sold: May/2011) || 2006 CBR600RR - My First Bike (sold: 05/2007)

Jason748

• Global Moderator
  • FREAK Member
  • Get'in Faster....
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 05:44:43 PM »
Are you trying to get 35mm at both ends - why?  Are you measuring cold or hot?  How are you measuring it?

But in all reality.... no you won't get there with the stock springs, but you might get close if your really on 160-165 w/gear...
CCS/CRA #92
07 CBR600RR - RACE
Sponsors: Two Brothers Honda, Lithium Motorsports, SpyderLeatherworks

"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racingís important to men who do it well. When youíre racing, it... itís life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting."  -S

hondacbr600rr

• Newbies
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 06:57:24 AM »
I don't think I'll be able to hit 30mm so I figure if I could get 35mm front and back for street riding it would be better then where the bike is at now. I would measure the bike cold I guess. I've just seen some videos of people saying honda a springs are mismatched. I don't have the money or really want to change out the springs sense I'm just street riding the bike I just want it better then where it's at.
I've currently adjusted all the rear preload out and went softer on the rear shock on compression and rebound it felt to stiff.
In the manual honda states that for a bumpy road to stiffen the bike up but that didn't make sense I would think you would want it a lil softer.

The front I haven't adjusted the preload but I did adjust the rebound and compression.  I set the rebound so when I push down on the front that it comes up to the resting point and doesn't Over shoot then go back down and settle. And I went a harder on the compression from the manual cause it felt way to soft it feels more stable and easier to turn but I want the sag setup then readjust compression and rebound