Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Winter changes almost done  (Read 1202 times)

shooter560

• Newbies
Winter changes almost done
« on: February 14, 2014, 06:22:39 PM »
Well after several weeks, only having a 6'x6' garden shed to work in and 1/2 of that is full of family/garden crap I am almost at the end of the road, only wiring up to finish.  Oh and as I don't have a garage or anywhere properly under cover the work rate is slow as we seem to have constant rain here in the UK this year.

Anyway, my requirements were to keep it as a daily commuter for the wife and me 2 up, weekends to be a track toy and occasionally compete in races, simple requirements, however the hard part is as I use it daily and would have to finish work, change the build to race spec that evening ready to race the next day I wanted to be able to do the changes in less than 30 mins, now thats a task, well in my eyes anyway.

But never to be beaten I have managed just that and in fact it now takes less than 20 mins to change from road to track/race or back again......

The real time saving part is....

Oh and this is the ex race fairing as I bought it to try my ideas out, unfortunately this doesn't show that the other side was smashed and parts missing, plus as you can see its a later fairing with engine covers that I hate so cut them out

I'd never done fibreglass work like this before, nor design/build but I've taught myself as I went, I also did all the paintwork except getting it clear coated as I don't like rattle can clear.  Once its all wired up and things like mirrors fitted I'll add a couple of finished pics, but it'll be totally road legal race ready :)

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
Re: Winter changes almost done
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 12:10:35 AM »
So fucking sweet. Very nice job!
2003 CBR600RR - LCR Honda MotoGP racing body kit, Watsen Designs flush mount signals, Sunstar sprockets, D.I.D. X-Ring race chain, GPR GPE Titanium Carbon Fibre race pipe, Pazzo shorty gold levers, CustomLED Intergrated rear signal/brake light, Puig fender eliminator, PCV, K&N race air filter