Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Almost Time  (Read 2998 times)

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
Almost Time
« on: February 04, 2014, 04:52:16 PM »
Pretty soon we'll be out on the road here even though with days like today it seems pretty far away. We may be at -25 today with some snow, but if you stand in the sun you can feel its heat. I'd say we're on target for a March start to the year.
2003 CBR600RR - LCR Honda MotoGP racing body kit, Watsen Designs flush mount signals, Sunstar sprockets, D.I.D. X-Ring race chain, GPR GPE Titanium Carbon Fibre race pipe, Pazzo shorty gold levers, CustomLED Intergrated rear signal/brake light, Puig fender eliminator, PCV, K&N race air filter

cosmo

• FREAK Member
Re: Almost Time
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 07:08:53 PM »
damn, those roads look gorgeous! not even our freeways are that smooth

well, here's to hoping for an early season ;D
    07 RR doing   who needs diesel? 8)

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 08:41:06 PM »
damn, those roads look gorgeous! not even our freeways are that smooth

well, here's to hoping for an early season ;D
Outside of the city where the province maintains highways, yes the roads are amazing. Head into town however, and a different story gets told. :'(
2003 CBR600RR - LCR Honda MotoGP racing body kit, Watsen Designs flush mount signals, Sunstar sprockets, D.I.D. X-Ring race chain, GPR GPE Titanium Carbon Fibre race pipe, Pazzo shorty gold levers, CustomLED Intergrated rear signal/brake light, Puig fender eliminator, PCV, K&N race air filter

Nihon Newbie

• FREAK Member
  • It's like a semi-controlled, near-death experience
    • Page for my 49 state bike tour
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 10:41:54 PM »
I spy evil rumble strips...Haha. Hope you get to get out there soon, man!
1972 CB100 K2 - Fully Restored || 2008 CBR600RR - Street/Track || 1985 CH150 - Under Construction || 2007 CBR600RR Street/Track - (Sold: May/2011) || 1982 Urban Express NU50m - (Sold: May/2011) || 2006 CBR600RR - My First Bike (sold: 05/2007)

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 12:13:48 AM »
I spy evil rumble strips...Haha. Hope you get to get out there soon, man!
Thanks man! I'm having a custom seat made with a gel insert so I can ride for longer. When it gets proper warm here I think I'm just going to ride into the mountains with no destination and just disappear for a few days. We'll see how the seat works out.

Nihon Newbie

• FREAK Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 04:22:23 AM »
Thanks man! I'm having a custom seat made with a gel insert so I can ride for longer. When it gets proper warm here I think I'm just going to ride into the mountains with no destination and just disappear for a few days. We'll see how the seat works out.

That pretty much always sounds like a good plan!!
1972 CB100 K2 - Fully Restored || 2008 CBR600RR - Street/Track || 1985 CH150 - Under Construction || 2007 CBR600RR Street/Track - (Sold: May/2011) || 1982 Urban Express NU50m - (Sold: May/2011) || 2006 CBR600RR - My First Bike (sold: 05/2007)

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 12:02:26 AM »
I plan on updating my GoPro capabilities this year so maybe I can get more footage to throw some pics, and god willing, maybe even some video of the mountains and the scenery here. I know for a fact that if I could show you even half the shit around here it would blow your guys' minds.

doctornige

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 06:09:16 AM »
CDN, I got me a Drift Ghost HD. It's epic.
2006 Honda CBR600RR Movistar edition. Blue double bubble, single seat conversion, sprinkling of sexually attractive carbon fibre, annoying Datatool alarm, useless rider.

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 10:18:33 AM »
CDN, I got me a Drift Ghost HD. It's epic.
Fucking nice! I get GoPro's cheap through work, so they are usually my weapon of choice. I wouldn't mind trying new/different stuff if I could though. I honestly don't know why I get video of my rides, I'm always too lazy to learn Movie Maker. ???

Nihon Newbie

• FREAK Member
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 01:31:29 AM »
Fucking nice! I get GoPro's cheap through work, so they are usually my weapon of choice. I wouldn't mind trying new/different stuff if I could though. I honestly don't know why I get video of my rides, I'm always too lazy to learn Movie Maker. ???

I've been telling you for years, just start messing with it, it's straight forward! haha

cosmo

• FREAK Member
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 01:47:16 AM »
^yep. basicly you just indicate where you want the clips to start/stop in your movie, then just compile that and you're done. sure, you can do fancy stuff with it, but you don't need that for starters. you just need to know a couple buttons and that's it.
    07 RR doing   who needs diesel? 8)

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 11:30:29 PM »
I just shoveled 2.5 feet of snow off my driveway (from the plow)...my bike ain't goin' nowhere!
"There but for the grace of God go I"

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 01:26:57 AM »
Fret it snowed here today as well, and it's cooling off. A little disappointing considering it was 6 above the last three days. There is however considerably less snow and ice than any year I can remember, and if you stand inside in the sun it's hot, so once the air heats up a bit we'll be in plus degrees everyday. It's already mid Feb, I'd give it a month tops and I'm on the road again. Can't. Fucking. Wait. I've been banking everything for the last two months so I can get my seats done (In progress), new GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition (I get a wicked discount at work), tires (Got the hookups on some new Pirrelli Rosso Corsa's), and I'm going to hack up a brand new Scala Rider G9 so i can add in-line noise cancelation and go from those POS waffer speakers to some kick ass bass rich ear buds. Fak spring can't come quick enough. :'( ??? :banghead:

Nihon Newbie

• FREAK Member
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2014, 11:56:57 PM »
Fret it snowed here today as well, and it's cooling off. A little disappointing considering it was 6 above the last three days. There is however considerably less snow and ice than any year I can remember, and if you stand inside in the sun it's hot, so once the air heats up a bit we'll be in plus degrees everyday. It's already mid Feb, I'd give it a month tops and I'm on the road again. Can't. Fucking. Wait. I've been banking everything for the last two months so I can get my seats done (In progress), new GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition (I get a wicked discount at work), tires (Got the hookups on some new Pirrelli Rosso Corsa's), and I'm going to hack up a brand new Scala Rider G9 so i can add in-line noise cancelation and go from those POS waffer speakers to some kick ass bass rich ear buds. Fak spring can't come quick enough. :'( ??? :banghead:

Somebody sounds antsy! I'm stoked for you Cannucks just reading that, ha!

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2014, 12:47:13 AM »
Haha thanks man! It's around the 1 month mark at the worst. The sun is -really- warm if you stand in the sunlight through a window, we just need some warmer air from the mountains and then it's all a go. It will be sketchy with the gravel, but it will be rideable.