Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: [Pic] 2007 Movistar  (Read 2271 times)

doctornige

[Pic] 2007 Movistar
« on: February 01, 2014, 08:51:15 AM »
Here she is, chaps. In this morning's brief sunshine and before a steady and careful newbie ride over Long Hill (snow!) to Buxton, and back along the A6. She's a sweet as a button, but I really need to learn to speed the heck up on her.

Name graphics (bubble and tail) are from Victory Circle Graphics.

N.

2006 Honda CBR600RR Movistar edition. Blue double bubble, single seat conversion, sprinkling of sexually attractive carbon fibre, annoying Datatool alarm, useless rider.

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
Re: [Pic] 2007 Movistar
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 10:24:10 AM »
Always did love that body kit! She looks great!  :thumb: ;D
2003 CBR600RR - LCR Honda MotoGP racing body kit, Watsen Designs flush mount signals, Sunstar sprockets, D.I.D. X-Ring race chain, GPR GPE Titanium Carbon Fibre race pipe, Pazzo shorty gold levers, CustomLED Intergrated rear signal/brake light, Puig fender eliminator, PCV, K&N race air filter

doctornige

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 10:31:19 AM »
CDN, I was parking her up after the wee ride, and a neighbour drove past in a car. You know how there are always some things you can lip read? Well, let me tell you that "What the FUCK is THAT?!" is one of them.  :thumb:  8)
2006 Honda CBR600RR Movistar edition. Blue double bubble, single seat conversion, sprinkling of sexually attractive carbon fibre, annoying Datatool alarm, useless rider.

doctornige

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 10:36:17 AM »
Oh, and she gets noticed. Passers by and van drivers just drool over her. I have to be careful with that as there have been a bunch of thefts near here. She is in a locked garage with an PIR alarm, the HISS thing, a Datatool vehicle alarm, a ground anchor + chain, and a disc lock. Even with all that, I am inclined to secure the up-over garage door. To me, that bike in that condition and that colourway is essentially irreplaceable.

Glad you like her. She rides soooooo smoothly. Just heaven compared to the Bandit N600 I trained on.

My focus now is to get some miles in and gradually build up cornering speed, because i am dog slow and the odd car has passed me!

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 01:28:18 AM »
While I haven't done much lip reading, I have had the occasional compliment. Usually from non-riders as I have tried talking to other bike enthusiasts at shows etc and they couldn't care less about my 2003 600RR compared to their brand new BMW. Mostly I use my bike to take girls out for rides, hit the mountains, and during the summer months essentially live on it. It's my daily so it's got some wear and age on display, but I'm not obsessive about those things. My bike gets ridden and it shows, I have no issue with that.
Sucks that you don't live in Canada. I left the keys in my bike for three days, literally, and nothing happened. Went looking for my keys one day, couldn't find them, and thought to myself "No way i did that, my bike was outside this morning when i set the recycle on the curb". Went to the bike. There were my keys. Make fun of Canada all you want. Go on. Asshats.

If you are going to work on corner speed then before you do i suggest you read up on "vanishing points", it could very well save you from something nasty if you are going to start pushing it in the corners on the street. Just bare in mind, you can't anticipate road conditions before hand, so just keep your wits about what you are doing.
2003 CBR600RR - LCR Honda MotoGP racing body kit, Watsen Designs flush mount signals, Sunstar sprockets, D.I.D. X-Ring race chain, GPR GPE Titanium Carbon Fibre race pipe, Pazzo shorty gold levers, CustomLED Intergrated rear signal/brake light, Puig fender eliminator, PCV, K&N race air filter

Nihon Newbie

• FREAK Member
  • It's like a semi-controlled, near-death experience
    • Page for my 49 state bike tour
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 09:37:35 PM »
Always loved that scheme, sure is slick!!
1972 CB100 K2 - Fully Restored || 2008 CBR600RR - Street/Track || 1985 CH150 - Under Construction || 2007 CBR600RR Street/Track - (Sold: May/2011) || 1982 Urban Express NU50m - (Sold: May/2011) || 2006 CBR600RR - My First Bike (sold: 05/2007)

doctornige

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 06:10:56 AM »
If you are going to work on corner speed then before you do i suggest you read up on "vanishing points", it could very well save you from something nasty if you are going to start pushing it in the corners on the street. Just bare in mind, you can't anticipate road conditions before hand, so just keep your wits about what you are doing.

Cheers on that advice. Much appreciated. I race bicycles from time to time and the vanishing point thing holds true there too, but bicycles are forgiving if you pull some mid-corner brake - motorcycles, as you know, will bite your ass for that. I am fortunate to have some twistys very close to me, so am getting somewhere with countersteering. Suddenly, the bike is becoming easier to manage. Loving it.

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 12:35:50 PM »
The only other advice I can give is to stay inside your comfort zone; that place where you have confidence in your ability. By that I mean, if you find yourself doing things on the bike that make you panic, then you probably shouldn't do it at this point in your riding career. Some more seat time at a controlled level is much better than doing things that will turn you off riding because you are afraid for your life. Self-control, objectiveness, and confidence in what you are doing are far more important right now than over all corner speed. You don't have to be a super star rider, you just have to love what you are doing and be able to wake up the next day to do it all over again. The advanced rider stuff will come in time, don't rush it. Practice the basics, hone them as best you can. There's a lot of macho guys out there, and long story short, we had a guy get egged on into paralysis last year. It's not worth it.