Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Temperatures...let's hear em  (Read 5104 times)

*~c_dubya~*

• FREAK Member
  • your smiting hurts my delicate soul.
Re: Temperatures...let's hear em
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2014, 07:56:06 PM »
actually, ask and ye shall receive, apparently.
we got one hell of a surprise chinook (don't get those up here), and it was +4 all day. 100km/h winds, and the whole site was shut down due to flying debris, but, it was warm!
#99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

Nihon Newbie

• FREAK Member
  • It's like a semi-controlled, near-death experience
    • Page for my 49 state bike tour
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2014, 03:42:25 AM »
actually, ask and ye shall receive, apparently.
we got one hell of a surprise chinook (don't get those up here), and it was +4 all day. 100km/h winds, and the whole site was shut down due to flying debris, but, it was warm!

XD  I feel so spoiled right now!!  88F today
1972 CB100 K2 - Fully Restored || 2008 CBR600RR - Street/Track || 1985 CH150 - Under Construction || 2007 CBR600RR Street/Track - (Sold: May/2011) || 1982 Urban Express NU50m - (Sold: May/2011) || 2006 CBR600RR - My First Bike (sold: 05/2007)

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 09:21:26 AM »
Well we have been blessed with some crazy weather this week. It's been nearly 10 degrees every day, but freezing again at night, so there is ice literally everywhere. The snow only partially melts (because there's so much of it), and then the water re-freezes over night and turns to ice. The good news is if it continues like this, we'll easily make a March start to the year. The weather is strange right now, no one can put a finger on how it's supposed to be, but in the end keeps getting warm every day. There have even been a few brave souls out on bikes. I think the roads are still a little to sketchy for that, but hey, if it works. Conversely, the Eastern side of Canada is just getting hammered with bad weather. Bless the mountains.
2003 CBR600RR - LCR Honda MotoGP racing body kit, Watsen Designs flush mount signals, Sunstar sprockets, D.I.D. X-Ring race chain, GPR GPE Titanium Carbon Fibre race pipe, Pazzo shorty gold levers, CustomLED Intergrated rear signal/brake light, Puig fender eliminator, PCV, K&N race air filter

cosmo

• FREAK Member
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2014, 06:31:40 AM »
great, just started snowing over here. that's like 2-3 months later then usual. climate must've smoked something to be this messed up.
    07 RR doing   who needs diesel? 8)

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2014, 05:29:12 AM »
It was 10 degrees again today, and something magical happened. This morning they brought a back hoe and some dump trucks to my street, and spent the day removing literally a foot thick of ice covering the road. Right down to the asphalt. This means that if the weather holds, it'll clear in half a day of 15 or higher. Which means I might be able to start the season early this year. They have never done this before, and I don't know which God's favour I have, but I'll take it! :pop:
2003 CBR600RR - LCR Honda MotoGP racing body kit, Watsen Designs flush mount signals, Sunstar sprockets, D.I.D. X-Ring race chain, GPR GPE Titanium Carbon Fibre race pipe, Pazzo shorty gold levers, CustomLED Intergrated rear signal/brake light, Puig fender eliminator, PCV, K&N race air filter

doctornige

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2014, 02:51:21 PM »
Sorry, I ought to have responded to CDN. Peak District. These are the hills just south of Manchester, England. It is home to some amazing roads, including the notorious 'Cat & Fiddle.'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Honda CBR600RR Movistar edition. Blue double bubble, single seat conversion, sprinkling of sexually attractive carbon fibre, annoying Datatool alarm, useless rider.

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2014, 03:00:11 PM »
That settles it! We ride to doctors house! Haha I work with a guy from Scunthorpe or something like that. he's from the North near the Scottish border, wicked nice guy. He's also a stripper on the side, but you can't say that or he gets defensive, he prefers the term "Provocative Artist". :P

doctornige

Re: Re: Temperatures...let's hear em
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2014, 03:52:50 PM »
I just bought a Drift Ghost HD camera, so I ought to be able to film the local triangle of Tarmac awesomeness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Honda CBR600RR Movistar edition. Blue double bubble, single seat conversion, sprinkling of sexually attractive carbon fibre, annoying Datatool alarm, useless rider.

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2014, 03:13:46 AM »
I'd share my GoPro footage of the mountains here, but I can't figure out Movie Maker. I guess I should try harder. ???

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2014, 01:39:03 PM »
Just an update for the weather here in Calgary. To give you an idea how quickly the weather turns here in the mountains: It's going to be -7C on Friday, the very next day it's going to be +11C. We've even had quicker shifts in temperature than that, but this is an indication of how fast the temperature will change. 20+ degree shifts in temperature are not uncommon, it does however make picking out your clothes for the day kinda tough sometimes.  :-X I've ridden down to the entrance to one of the mountain highways and it's 15C and sunny, I get into the mountains and it's -3C and snowing.