Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Track day  (Read 1770 times)

jag75

Track day
« on: October 17, 2013, 09:31:42 AM »
Had my 3rd track day at buttonwillow on monday. Was absolutely perfect weather. My step dad and i decided to move up to b group from c. I was a little nervous but after our first session it was the right spot for us. We were not the fastest of the group but we werent the slowest either. I just didnt want to hold riders back by getting in their way. I still cant get my knee down, however i did scrape my toe guard. Kinda startled me a bit . Another awesome thing was cameron beaubier was out testing josh herrins bike. Was sic watching that kid . Heres some photos of me on the track.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

shooter560

• Newbies
Re: Track day
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 02:26:50 PM »
Sounds like you had fun, and good on ya for moving up.

Never worry about holding anyone up, if they are faster than you they will get round you, just ride and hold your line.  As for knee down, from your 2nd pic it looks like your toe is pointing forward, what I always do and suggest is try to ride with your foot in such a position that if you were bare foot you could wrap your toes round the peg, so slightly forward of ball of the foot.  Then rotate your heel into the bike and your toes pointing out, also make sure you're not close to the tank, back far enough that you could put your fist between tank and nuts ;)  By doing this your knee will rotate out and you will get a better postion, then your knee will slide with ease and your foot will be clear of the ground.

This sort of shows how I mean

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 07:39:42 PM »
Fuck these are all star pictures. I cannot wait for the day I get to learn at a track.
2003 CBR600RR - LCR Honda MotoGP racing body kit, Watsen Designs flush mount signals, Sunstar sprockets, D.I.D. X-Ring race chain, GPR GPE Titanium Carbon Fibre race pipe, Pazzo shorty gold levers, CustomLED Intergrated rear signal/brake light, Puig fender eliminator, PCV, K&N race air filter

cosmo

• FREAK Member
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 03:38:03 AM »
^ amen to that.
    07 RR doing   who needs diesel? 8)

jag75

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 11:19:01 AM »
Thanks shooter. I will try that the next time im out. Cdn one time on track and ur gonna be addicted. It is so much fun. My taptalk was fooked up i had to uninstall it cuz i couldnt reply. Should of never updated it.  

Jason748

• Global Moderator
  • FREAK Member
  • Get'in Faster....
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 08:30:03 AM »
At this point I start looking into race schools...  Get rid of the bad habits now.

Welcome to your new addiction.
CCS/CRA #92
07 CBR600RR - RACE
Sponsors: Two Brothers Honda, Lithium Motorsports, SpyderLeatherworks

"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racingís important to men who do it well. When youíre racing, it... itís life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting."  -S