Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Homicide  (Read 1754 times)

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
Homicide
« on: October 14, 2013, 08:39:54 PM »
Well I guess it was bound to happen. I've spent 30 odd years in the same neighbourhood. Today at about 1pm, my neighbours son decided to murder his mother. We have suspected his involvement with drugs for the last few months, but we didn't ever expect it to escalate to this. And especially not across the street from us. I don't know many details as of yet, but I was close as neighbours go. The son's father is a fellow rider and we spoke frequently about bikes, roads, and trips we had taken over the passing weekends. Now his wife is dead and his son is in custody. They were avid hunters, so his son had access to his firearms. I'll fill in more details as i learn more. I'm going to do my best to reach out to him, half his family is now gone. This certainly isn't normal circumstances for Calgary. We only see about 20 odd homicides a year and most of them are usually gang related, or innocent people who just randomly got caught up in gang related activity. I was blocked off from getting home, and our entire block has been shut down for 7 hours now. The detectives are upstairs talking to my family. I wasn't home at the time, so I'm free! FREE I TELL YOU :run:
2003 CBR600RR - LCR Honda MotoGP racing body kit, Watsen Designs flush mount signals, Sunstar sprockets, D.I.D. X-Ring race chain, GPR GPE Titanium Carbon Fibre race pipe, Pazzo shorty gold levers, CustomLED Intergrated rear signal/brake light, Puig fender eliminator, PCV, K&N race air filter

Jason748

• Global Moderator
  • FREAK Member
  • Get'in Faster....
Re: Homicide
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 08:24:49 AM »
Yikes...
CCS/CRA #92
07 CBR600RR - RACE
Sponsors: Two Brothers Honda, Lithium Motorsports, SpyderLeatherworks

"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racingís important to men who do it well. When youíre racing, it... itís life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting."  -S

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 05:25:55 PM »
The son was charged with 1st degree murder. I still don't know all the details but it appears he murdered his mother and then called the police himself after he realized what he had done. He apparently was also seeing a psychiatrist in the months leading up to the murder, so is currently undergoing psyche evaluation to determine if he is fit to stand trial, and if his recent mental health had anything to do with the incident.
The worst part about it, there have been nothing but "tourists" driving by and gawking. Like I said, homicide is rare here, we've only had maybe MAYBE 20 this year, so when it happens, the freaks come out of the woodwork.

This has been probably the worst year I can think of. I've had 3 friends die in motorcycle crashes, and now my neighbours are going through hell with more death. It'll be good to put this one behind me. :-X
2003 CBR600RR - LCR Honda MotoGP racing body kit, Watsen Designs flush mount signals, Sunstar sprockets, D.I.D. X-Ring race chain, GPR GPE Titanium Carbon Fibre race pipe, Pazzo shorty gold levers, CustomLED Intergrated rear signal/brake light, Puig fender eliminator, PCV, K&N race air filter

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 09:23:01 AM »
That's supremely messed up!
"There but for the grace of God go I"

OldMan

• I hold up the fast guys
  • Newbies
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 05:04:52 PM »
Youngest boy is in medical school. Recently he did his "Trauma" rounds at another hospital (that's normal, you might go different places to fulfill your different requirements). Other than the overwhelming majority of traumas from car crashes, he was a little surprised how many stabbing cases came in.

Apparently stabbings (in certain areas) outnumber shootings (by public or police). These were people that got stabbed during arguments at a club, party, or just getting jumped in the street by several others (I imagine possibly gang members).

The part I found hideous was his descriptions of certain cultural variations. Though many of the stabbings were random (stomach, front torso the most common), others are purposely in the back as close to the spine as possible. The intent being to paralyze the person, not to kill.

THAT is sick. I didn't even know of such a thing until he told me.
I got a sweater for Christmas. I wanted a screamer, or a moaner.

Rodney Dangerfield

cosmo

• FREAK Member
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 07:25:22 AM »
that would be sick if that was their true goal. i kind of hope they just aimed at the center of the target (which happens to be the spine). as far as stabbings go, well, you can always find something to stab with, not so with guns (though situation over there is different than from europe, so i it's all just guesses)
    07 RR doing   who needs diesel? 8)