Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Poll

Do you prefer power or clutch. Only answer if you can actually DO both

Power Wheelies
6 (66.7%)
Clutch Wheelies
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Power or Clutch wheelies?  (Read 5671 times)

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
Re: Re: Re: Power or Clutch wheelies?
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2013, 06:58:33 PM »
Brothers on 600RR's. We are all the same  :-*
This is sooo true. Except of course, you're on the wrong side of the road.  :(
2003 CBR600RR - LCR Honda MotoGP racing body kit, Watsen Designs flush mount signals, Sunstar sprockets, D.I.D. X-Ring race chain, GPR GPE Titanium Carbon Fibre race pipe, Pazzo shorty gold levers, CustomLED Intergrated rear signal/brake light, Puig fender eliminator, PCV, K&N race air filter

jag75

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Power or Clutch wheelies?
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2013, 09:35:38 PM »
lmao;D

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

South African

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2013, 02:29:34 PM »

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070415033633AAWEuXC

"In the past, almost everybody travelled on the left side of the road because that was the most sensible option..."  :spank:

At this point you might be thinking  :-X 

"Furthermore, a right-handed person finds it easier to mount a horse from the left side of the horse..."  :D

So from what side do you mount your bike  :huh:

"In addition, the French Revolution of 1789 gave a huge impetus to right-hand travel in Europe. The fact is, before the Revolution, the aristocracy travelled on the left of the road, forcing the peasantry over to the right, but after the storming of the Bastille and the subsequent events, aristocrats preferred to keep a low profile and joined the peasants on the right  :headspin:. An official keep-right rule was introduced in Paris in 1794, more or less parallel to Denmark, where driving on the right had been made compulsory in 1793."

Just a little bit of history for you.

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2013, 08:40:38 PM »
"In the past, almost everybody travelled on the left side of the road because that was the most sensible option..."  :spank:
In the past people also thought the world was flat.

So from what side do you mount your bike  :huh:
The side with the kickstand, not sure why it's on the left. This also doesn't explain centre stands.  ???

Just a little bit of history for you.
I wouldn't talk about French history on an American website, they may rename their fast food again.  :P Plus I don't mind blending in with the little people, keeps you humble, keeps you grounded, and you get to know who is dying for your rights on a personal basis.  :thumb:

That was a cool history lesson. Here's Canada's version: we just do what the US tells us to do. This does not however explain the metric system, grade point averages, health care, manners, or being bilingual. For reference see: centre stands.

2003 CBR600RR - LCR Honda MotoGP racing body kit, Watsen Designs flush mount signals, Sunstar sprockets, D.I.D. X-Ring race chain, GPR GPE Titanium Carbon Fibre race pipe, Pazzo shorty gold levers, CustomLED Intergrated rear signal/brake light, Puig fender eliminator, PCV, K&N race air filter

South African

Re: Power or Clutch wheelies?
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2013, 05:55:26 AM »
Bilingual you say. I presume you are talking about the French again?  :'(

Now I am not saying that I for one can talk or for that matter understand them all. But in ZA we have 11 official languages  :run:. This does not include all the other spoken languages… 

PS: Who are the people who have center stands on their bikes (except for racing)?

cosmo

• FREAK Member
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2013, 06:45:54 PM »
i think nakeds/tourers/enduros have center stands. not as only stand, but i've seen it on a couple. my cousin's fazer comes to mind, for one.

anyway, there's hardly any difference other then how you got used to it. one thing i don't get is why americans drive on rightside considering they kept imperial system. chances are if america had leftsided traffic from the start, by now pretty much every country would drive on left side due to the demand. similarly, if uk&japan converted too, there would be no further vehicles produced for leftside traffic.

still, i'd rather have everyone use metric instead of driving on the same side. not that hard to get used to it. but imperial system makes no fkin sense.
    07 RR doing   who needs diesel? 8)

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2013, 07:32:53 PM »
Bilingual you say. I presume you are talking about the French again?  :'(

Now I am not saying that I for one can talk or for that matter understand them all. But in ZA we have 11 official languages  :run:. This does not include all the other spoken languages… 

PS: Who are the people who have center stands on their bikes (except for racing)?
That is correct sir, we have English and French as official languages. But bare in mind, it's a dialect of French, not Parisian French. It's know as Quebecois. It's basically a mix of French and English words with fancy pants pronounciation. There is also a lot of animosity from the Quebecois (Canadian French citizens), but I will save that for another time. All I ask is that if you ever go to Quebec, speak as much French as you can, and please don't judge the rest of us on your experiences there. I assure you the rest of Canada lives up to the reputation. And in true Canadian fashion, I apologize in advance for them.

Cosmo is right, having a centre stand is usually determined by the class of bike. Sport bikes usually never have them because a centre stand assembly is MUCH heavier than a simple side stand (kick stand). And one of the big selling features of sport bikes is low curb weight.