Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Shark Motorcycle Audio's 2-Way Remote Alarm System  (Read 1918 times)

kraziglue

• FNG
Shark Motorcycle Audio's 2-Way Remote Alarm System
« on: September 09, 2013, 03:39:22 PM »
Good Day All!

I'd like to post a review on "Shark Motorcycle Audio's 2-Way Remote Alarm System". I'd put a link in here, but I'm not sure of the rules on that.

First of all, I am always fascinated by doing something I've never done before and when I happen to come across a video of a motorcycle that started up remotely, I had to have it!

After searching, I found a ton of 2-Way alarm systems with remote start, but the prices were WAY too much in my opinion. My opinion being that all the alarm systems pretty much look the same and perform, if not all, similar functions -- besides my only concern was having the option of remote start and a decent enough anti-theft alarm. So, for $33.99 (searching far and wide) I found it, new and unopened and in the U.S. for shipping.

Here are the pictures of the pagers before and after I re-painted them black:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I didn't get a chance to take pictures of the packaging and alarm system, besides, it look the same as all other systems you can find online.

Installation took literately no more than 5 minutes! (Not including taking on and off fairings, seats, etc.) All components are working great! There is an emergency shut off feature that I didn't hook-up as well as the lights just for personal preference.

If anyone likes, I'll make a video of it working :)

PROS:
-Does everything as able!
-Auto-arming
-Auto Shut-off after 5 minutes from remote start
-Can mute the siren so you get alerts only on pager
-PRICE!!!

CONS:
-Wish for longer range -- I only got about 20 meters from within structures and about 50 meters in say, an open parking lot. I'm thinking about upgrading the antenna.

Rating: 9/10
2006 Honda CBR600RR - 22k mi

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
Re: Shark Motorcycle Audio's 2-Way Remote Alarm System
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 10:56:13 AM »
Nice review m8...thanks!
"There but for the grace of God go I"