Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: I miss racing!!  (Read 1431 times)

*~c_dubya~*

• FREAK Member
  • your smiting hurts my delicate soul.
I miss racing!!
« on: August 30, 2013, 10:09:35 PM »
Ermergerd! It's been two seasons since I last raced (for those of you who don't remember, or give a shit to look it up, I crashed and broke my shoulder in three places, got it plated, and had a lengthy recovery time), and I reeeeaaaallly miss my moments of zen on the track.

Starting to look at options of renting a track bike south of the border to get some play time in (since Canadian winter is creeping up, and it doesn't look like I'll get any track time up here this year). Anyone know off-hand of rentals available? Doesn't matter where in the states... I could fly down anywhere.
#99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

cosmo

• FREAK Member
Re: I miss racing!!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 06:41:13 AM »
dub! welcome back! you've been such a stranger this last year or so. don't do it, we miss you! i totally know what you mean, due to some near-hypothermia on a skying session, some of my joints decided to enter a state of pseudo-reumathism, and i could barely move around. it's almost mended now, but it's also the 2nd year i couldn't really touch the bike. still, hope you have better luck then me and get to squeeze a trackday 'fore starting the hibernation season. have you gotten a clean bill of health, or are you running out of canada to hide from the doctor? :-P
    07 RR doing   who needs diesel? 8)

Nihon Newbie

• FREAK Member
  • It's like a semi-controlled, near-death experience
    • Page for my 49 state bike tour
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 10:34:09 AM »
Dub!!  No idea where to rent a track bike...Only thing I can think of are the Californina Superbike Schools that have you use their bikes for trackday instruction...Could always rent a streetbike and track it, lol!!

Vegas will surely have rentals like this. I've never ridden tracks out there, but I know you can rent a Ferrari for a day, so you should surely be able to rent a track bike. You can rent bikes for street use all over coastal California though...
1972 CB100 K2 - Fully Restored || 2008 CBR600RR - Street/Track || 1985 CH150 - Under Construction || 2007 CBR600RR Street/Track - (Sold: May/2011) || 1982 Urban Express NU50m - (Sold: May/2011) || 2006 CBR600RR - My First Bike (sold: 05/2007)

*~c_dubya~*

• FREAK Member
  • your smiting hurts my delicate soul.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 06:39:07 PM »
thanks, boys!

I did get the okay to start abusing myself again. First time I went snowboarding after surgery was terrifying, though. Landed right on it, and had a 'holy shit... nope.. nope, it's still connected, we're good' kind of moment.

Vegas would be awesome. I could totally use some sunshine. I'm working up north of Fort McMurray, Alberta these days.... I'm inside my camp for 21 days of the month.... I'm turning translucent. Even my poor freckles are disappearing!
#99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

Jason748

• Global Moderator
  • FREAK Member
  • Get'in Faster....
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 09:29:52 PM »
If you want to come to the Midwest ( brainerd, road America, Blackhawk),  I'll rent you mine...   Just sitting in the basement right now...  I miss racing too,  haven't been on track in over a year now.
CCS/CRA #92
07 CBR600RR - RACE
Sponsors: Two Brothers Honda, Lithium Motorsports, SpyderLeatherworks

"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racingís important to men who do it well. When youíre racing, it... itís life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting."  -S