Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Help with race tail mount  (Read 2037 times)

ppointer

• FNG
Help with race tail mount
« on: August 06, 2013, 03:33:34 PM »
How can I make this a short story?  Due to a crash at mid-ohio, I had to replace all of my track body work.  Old stuff was Hotbodys, and new stuff is Armour bodies, which is a Woodcraft product.  This new tail piece requires the old passenger seat bracket, which I sold with the street bodywork a few years ago.  I found a few on eBay for less than $30.  However, they don't come with fasteners, so I cannot understand how to screw the tail piece to the stock seat bracket.  Can someone take a picture for me that shows the fasteners between the stock tail piece and bracket?

Jason748

• Global Moderator
  • FREAK Member
  • Get'in Faster....
Re: Help with race tail mount
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 09:19:48 PM »
What year?  I probably can tomorrow.  I think I still have a couple of stock subframes laying around for my 07.  And prob have photos somewhere from both my 03 & 05.

Did it happen at the Wera/VMD race?  I was suppose to go but couldn't make it...
CCS/CRA #92
07 CBR600RR - RACE
Sponsors: Two Brothers Honda, Lithium Motorsports, SpyderLeatherworks

"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racingís important to men who do it well. When youíre racing, it... itís life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting."  -S

ppointer

• FNG
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 01:32:15 PM »
Happened at a track day.  Someone came up on my inside in turn one, lost the front and took me out.  Bike is a 2007.  Thanks for anything you can do.

jag75

Re: Re: Help with race tail mount
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 08:57:17 PM »
I will post some pics when im off thursday. Under the pass seat is what you need right?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Jason748

• Global Moderator
  • FREAK Member
  • Get'in Faster....
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 07:15:08 PM »
I looked at what I'm doing...  With the armour bodies I don't use the 2 mount points on the tail (super bike style) directly behind the seat. Just the single one at the front and 2 rear most that screw into the under tray.
CCS/CRA #92
07 CBR600RR - RACE

"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racingís important to men who do it well. When youíre racing, it... itís life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting."  -S

ppointer

• FNG
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 10:04:04 PM »
Jason - thank you for checking.  I can't use those two rear screws, as that piece of the tray was banged up heavily in the crash.  I'll have to come up with something else.

thanks again.

Jason748

• Global Moderator
  • FREAK Member
  • Get'in Faster....
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 07:34:20 PM »
I've probably got a spare under tray...  And a couple of subframes too if your interested.

Then if I remember right you have to drill & tap those two holes in the cross bar.  I can't really remember and looking at my current setup doesn't help because I'm running a custom subframe.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 07:36:14 PM by Jason748 »
CCS/CRA #92
07 CBR600RR - RACE

ppointer

• FNG
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 01:00:40 PM »
Jason - I'll take one of your spare trays.  Please PM me at ppointer at gee mail.  I can pay pal you or however you want it.

f3racer

• CBR600RR.com Racer
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 09:34:33 PM »
typical jason.  helping someone out.
SSG William Pendleton
US Army Military Police
CCS AM #81
MCRA member
07 CBR 600 RR

Jason748

• Global Moderator
  • FREAK Member
  • Get'in Faster....
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 10:29:35 AM »
typical jason.  helping someone out.

LOL...   Just got to catch me in the right mood....
CCS/CRA #92
07 CBR600RR - RACE