Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Canadian Rockies Weather  (Read 1493 times)

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
Canadian Rockies Weather
« on: June 21, 2013, 02:25:50 AM »
This is just a taste of what is currently going on here. Canmore is an hour West into the mountains from where I live and is normally a very picturesque place. Today, in Calgary, they evacuated roughly 30 communities from their homes to higher ground. More rain forecasted tomorrow.
2003 CBR600RR - LCR Honda MotoGP racing body kit, Watsen Designs flush mount signals, Sunstar sprockets, D.I.D. X-Ring race chain, GPR GPE Titanium Carbon Fibre race pipe, Pazzo shorty gold levers, CustomLED Intergrated rear signal/brake light, Puig fender eliminator, PCV, K&N race air filter

jag75

Re: Re: Canadian Rockies Weather
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 11:56:59 AM »
Thats crazy. Hope everyone is ok and their houses dont get destroyed

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
Re: Canadian Rockies Weather
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 02:02:10 PM »
So far 100,000 people have been evacuated, and only 1500 have needed emergency shelters, so the city is coming together nicely, people are stepping up and helping out friends, family, and strangers.
The flooding is ten times worse today than yesterday, the rain hasn't stopped in 12 hours. Most roads are closed, most companies have told their employees to stay home, and the city is now in a state of emergency. There is a city wide ban on water use (no showers, no laundry, no dishwashers), or we won't have any clean drinking water. Most of the city is now completely impassable and other services like public transit are shut down, the light rail train (called the C-Train here) has had all it's tunnels flooded and there is nowhere for anyone to go.
We're supposed to get a break in the weather tomorrow and the day after. We're all hoping that the rain lets up soon. The photo I showed above of Canmore is nothing compared to what has happened in the last day. Some highway and other roads are so badly damaged, there's no estimate as to when they will reopen. All rescue attempts have been limited to helicopters only.
It's been raining here for the last week straight, but in the last three days the rain has gotten just absolutely mental. Yesterday I had the garage door open while finishing up the bike, I could barely see across the street it was coming down so hard.
I'll keep you guys posted as long as I have internet.
2003 CBR600RR - LCR Honda MotoGP racing body kit, Watsen Designs flush mount signals, Sunstar sprockets, D.I.D. X-Ring race chain, GPR GPE Titanium Carbon Fibre race pipe, Pazzo shorty gold levers, CustomLED Intergrated rear signal/brake light, Puig fender eliminator, PCV, K&N race air filter

jag75

Re: Re: Canadian Rockies Weather
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 04:35:08 PM »
Sorry to hear this . Stay safe and i will pray for you all;)

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2