Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Bradl Catalunya 2013  (Read 4819 times)

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
Bradl Catalunya 2013
« on: June 16, 2013, 09:06:14 PM »
2003 CBR600RR - LCR Honda MotoGP racing body kit, Watsen Designs flush mount signals, Sunstar sprockets, D.I.D. X-Ring race chain, GPR GPE Titanium Carbon Fibre race pipe, Pazzo shorty gold levers, CustomLED Intergrated rear signal/brake light, Puig fender eliminator, PCV, K&N race air filter

jag75

Re: Re: Bradl Catalunya 2013
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 10:24:09 PM »
:o

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Nihon Newbie

• FREAK Member
  • It's like a semi-controlled, near-death experience
    • Page for my 49 state bike tour
Re: Bradl Catalunya 2013
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 01:28:19 AM »
I put in about 200 miles in the twisties today, and was elated to be finally feeling like I was getting low...Now I feel deflated, lol. What it must be like to have that much trust in the tires, damn!!
1972 CB100 K2 - Fully Restored || 2008 CBR600RR - Street/Track || 1985 CH150 - Under Construction || 2007 CBR600RR Street/Track - (Sold: May/2011) || 1982 Urban Express NU50m - (Sold: May/2011) || 2006 CBR600RR - My First Bike (sold: 05/2007)

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 02:55:00 AM »
He needs a bloody body slider.
2003 CBR600RR - LCR Honda MotoGP racing body kit, Watsen Designs flush mount signals, Sunstar sprockets, D.I.D. X-Ring race chain, GPR GPE Titanium Carbon Fibre race pipe, Pazzo shorty gold levers, CustomLED Intergrated rear signal/brake light, Puig fender eliminator, PCV, K&N race air filter

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
  • Endless's very own group
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 01:40:27 PM »
Intense! It all has to do with the opposing angles of the curb and slope of the Tarmac...in MotoGP Marquez is the true "elbow dragger"
"There but for the grace of God go I"

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 02:12:38 PM »
Intense! It all has to do with the opposing angles of the curb and slope of the Tarmac...in MotoGP Marquez is the true "elbow dragger"
I disagree, Marquez hangs too far off the bike to be the true elbow dragger. I think Bradl, Pedrosa, and especially Stoner get much higher lean angles than him. Also if you watch Catalunya Free Practice 3, they do a short expose on Pedrosa reaching the farthest ever recorded lean angle of 63 degrees. So there's a lot of guys getting lower than Marquez.

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 03:03:27 PM »
True...Marquez has been getting a lot of hype lately, so it's easy to overlook the other masters!

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 04:29:34 PM »
Aye, he does get a lot of boy loving from people. Gavin Emmett in the pit lane was blathering on about how Marquez reached 61 degrees of lean, the farthest "possible" was his word. Not 10 minutes later Pedrosa pulls off 63 degrees. And not a single word of retraction from any of them. It's all getting a bit much. I get that Marquez is a great rider, I get that he deserves his praise, the guy would ride circles around me on his worst possible day, but to start making crap up just because you're talking about him, that's going a bit too far in my books. And I've seen where Marquez's attitude goes when he's not winning, and it ain't pretty.  8) ;D ;D :thumb:

TickTock654

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 08:28:09 PM »
...seems legit... ???   :spank:

And to respond to the lean angle hype... The reason Marquez hangs off the way he does is to create less lean angle.  Less lean angle @ same speed as the others = saved tires.  I'm not saying one top 10 Motogp rider is better than another, I'll wait another 5 years to jump into that argument.  For now, I'm just going to do my best Marquez impression on the track and laugh every time Lorenzo scowls cause he's getting beat by a rookie!

Fretless33

• Freakin' old guy
  • Administrator
    • Check me out!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 11:21:58 AM »
...seems legit... ???   :spank:

And to respond to the lean angle hype... The reason Marquez hangs off the way he does is to create less lean angle.  Less lean angle @ same speed as the others = saved tires.  I'm not saying one top 10 Motogp rider is better than another, I'll wait another 5 years to jump into that argument.  For now, I'm just going to do my best Marquez impression on the track and laugh every time Lorenzo scowls cause he's getting beat by a rookie!

Most of us know why you "hang off the bike," but I'm not sure about the saving the tires concept, leaning off gives less lean angle and more tire surface in contact with the tarmac...either way it's amazing to watch the masters perform their highspeed ballet!

I agree...it is fun to watch Lorenzo (and others) get spanked on the track!

Moretti

• FNG
Re: Re: Bradl Catalunya 2013
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 04:59:21 PM »
I would be making a trip to the restroom immediately after this..

doctornige

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2014, 11:01:34 AM »
I have been reading about Marquez. I think this is going to be very interesting. This guy is Moto GPs' Ayrton Senna to the Hunt/Lauda era Rossi. He has an intuitiveness that take racing to the next level. The guy just IS the bike. The fact that he gets his elbow down because "... it feels right." takes him into a place some others will not follow. Sure, everyone is doing the Rossi leg wobble (with no evident gain), but now it's helmet scraping. Fantastic.
2006 Honda CBR600RR Movistar edition. Blue double bubble, single seat conversion, sprinkling of sexually attractive carbon fibre, annoying Datatool alarm, useless rider.

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2014, 01:44:44 AM »
Pedrosa actually holds the current record for degrees of lean. He's gotten over farther than anyone. The only ONLY reason Marquez drags his elbow is because he hangs so far off the bike. And I'd be careful what boy-loving bullshit you read on the net about Marquez, he has a horrible personality and everyone is praising him to be something unstoppable after just one season. We'll see where the kid is at when he's been on the bike as long as Rossi, Doohan, or Agostini. I'm not jumping on the band wagon because he won by the skin of his teeth during a season where Lorenzo broke his collar bone twice, and still challenged for the lead. Marquez is the least sportsmanlike out of anyone I have seen in a while, and that karma train is going to come screeching to a hault, mark my words. A rich kid who got everything compared to Rossi who just has natural talent from racing his whole life and earning his wins. Only time will tell if Marquez can beat the GOAT. One season doesn't erase a legacy that has defined MotoGP racing. Also, has marquez had to prove himself in MotoGP by riding a satellite bike first? No. He's on Casey Stoner's Honda, he better fucking win. Put marquez and Aleix on equal machines and the same setup, I bet my balls Aleix destroys him. I watched Aleix do it in Moto2 on lesser machinery more than once. But nobody is saying anything about Aleix even though he was out qualifying factory bikes on a weekend by weekend basis. Not a single word of praise for probably the hardest working and most talented new rider in MotoGP. You won't however find my opinions in too many internet articles or printed in any magazines, Marquez sells better because it's easier to pitch Super Star than it is Under Dog.

doctornige

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 06:12:46 AM »
This was MCN I was reading, and I concur they they seems to be sucking Marquez's BikeDick(TM). It is always a risk when someone goes in first season, rips it up and then struggles. Lewis Hamilton in F1 and Nigel Mansell in Indycar did pretty much the same thing.
2006 Honda CBR600RR Movistar edition. Blue double bubble, single seat conversion, sprinkling of sexually attractive carbon fibre, annoying Datatool alarm, useless rider.

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2014, 12:26:41 PM »
Exactly my point. We have no idea where Marquez will be this year, or any year after, so sitting there saying he's the greatest rider ever because he has two championships is a little preemptive in my opinion. When he has 9 world titles or more, and has beaten Rossi's records, then i will gladly admit he's a better rider. All I have to say to that is, best of luck.
Conversely, I'm sure they hyped up every great rider because as i said, it sells magazines and gets clicks. I agree Marquez is amazing, I agree he has already done what some people couldn't. But for example i watched him last year shove a photographer to the ground because he wanted to get closer to his fan section after the race. I watched him yank his arm away from Aleix when Aleix beat him at Philip Island in 2011. Either that kid gets what he wants or he turns into a bag of dicks. No matter how good he is, I can't cheer for him. I can acknowledge his talent, but that's about it. And like I said, that Karma train will deliver.