Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Short photo sesh at Lake Mead!  (Read 5245 times)

KillaBees

• FNG
Short photo sesh at Lake Mead!
« on: April 08, 2013, 09:50:03 PM »
Took a ride to Lake Mead yesterday and finally got my girl to come out and take some pictures of me on my new rr!  :D

Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking!

Unfortunately, my GF's Canon was dead. So she had to use my Nikon, D-60. (Go Nikon!) So the action shots were, ehhh... But I snapped a few stills at the end of the day and am very happy with them!

All an all a great day and glad to be home in one piece! Keep it safe out there! See ya on the streets..

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
Re: Short photo sesh at Lake Mead!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 11:11:26 PM »
White wheels, FMF pipe, and wheelies. You sir, just made my day. +1
2003 CBR600RR - LCR Honda MotoGP racing body kit, Watsen Designs flush mount signals, Sunstar sprockets, D.I.D. X-Ring race chain, GPR GPE Titanium Carbon Fibre race pipe, Pazzo shorty gold levers, CustomLED Intergrated rear signal/brake light, Puig fender eliminator, PCV, K&N race air filter

KillaBees

• FNG
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 07:05:47 PM »
Bahhaha, glad to do it! Thank you, always nice to hear especially when it involves my two favorite hobbies, photography and motorcycling!

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 07:49:37 PM »
You should talk to Wrench (Keith), he's also a photographer, and a pretty good one too.
2003 CBR600RR - LCR Honda MotoGP racing body kit, Watsen Designs flush mount signals, Sunstar sprockets, D.I.D. X-Ring race chain, GPR GPE Titanium Carbon Fibre race pipe, Pazzo shorty gold levers, CustomLED Intergrated rear signal/brake light, Puig fender eliminator, PCV, K&N race air filter

Nihon Newbie

• FREAK Member
  • It's like a semi-controlled, near-death experience
    • Page for my 49 state bike tour
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 06:08:55 AM »
Bitchin cool, looks like fun!
1972 CB100 K2 - Fully Restored || 2008 CBR600RR - Street/Track || 1985 CH150 - Under Construction || 2007 CBR600RR Street/Track - (Sold: May/2011) || 1982 Urban Express NU50m - (Sold: May/2011) || 2006 CBR600RR - My First Bike (sold: 05/2007)

South African

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 07:33:53 AM »
It looks great!!  :thumb:

One thing you have to explain to me (in detail) is how to get the bikes  front wheel up?

I have tried to "rev" it up to 6-8K while doing 20 mph in second gear en then dropping the clutch. But that does not work.
I have tried to ride/cruise (in second gear) up to 6000 rev's and then closing the throttle and opening her right back up again, but she just will not lift.

Yes yes, maybe in just a bit of a   :squid2:  But please tel me how you go about getting your bikes front wheel up...

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 05:26:24 PM »
I've never wheelied my bike, but get the revs higher, like 10k or 11k, that's where the power is. Also, if you're in second you might have to tug on the bars and lean backwards at the same time. Maybe that will lighten the front end a bit more? Some people have also tried going on the compression of the front suspension, so, push down on the bars to compress the front forks a bit then yank on it and dump the clutch when it comes back up. I have no idea if any of this works. At 3442 feet above sea level there are some serious power loses because of the lack of oxygen. I've calculated it out to be around 12%, but some guys here would argue more like 16%. I'm confident I COULD wheelie, because the front end hops in first gear going over bumps at full throttle, it just needs that little extra clutch dump to get it up.  ??? But, this is all just what I have heard, no experience doing this.

Rjunky

• FREAK Member
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 03:43:42 AM »
yanking wony do anything but make you look like your dry humping your bike......
this is my signature.....there are many like it....but this one is mine.....

Nihon Newbie

• FREAK Member
  • It's like a semi-controlled, near-death experience
    • Page for my 49 state bike tour
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 08:32:44 AM »
yanking wony do anything but make you look like your dry humping your bike......

LOL!

I have never tried to wheelie intentionally, but the front end of my 08 comes up right quick if I really wrench on the throttle in 1st or 2nd, around like 9k.
1972 CB100 K2 - Fully Restored || 2008 CBR600RR - Street/Track || 1985 CH150 - Under Construction || 2007 CBR600RR Street/Track - (Sold: May/2011) || 1982 Urban Express NU50m - (Sold: May/2011) || 2006 CBR600RR - My First Bike (sold: 05/2007)

LetMePutDaTipIn

Re: Re: Short photo sesh at Lake Mead!
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 01:06:35 PM »
I get mine right up at about 7k dropping the clutch and give the throttle a good yank u have to find the sweet spot and it will come right up!!! The key to me is how far in u pull in the clutch and release!

It all happen in one quick motion.  You'll know when u find it because u can hear it pop!!!

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 01:26:28 PM »
Yeah but we have to at this altitude with 600's. Takes more finesse when your're dealing with 35lbs/ft instead of 53lbs/ft.  ???

KillaBees

• FNG
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 06:20:59 PM »
        I would take a look on 600rr.net in their stunting section there's a pretty good write up on wheelies. Its called "A complete guide to wheelies" or something and if I remember correctly it's a sticky on the top so it should be easy to find. To me, it's less of a "pull on the bars" as it is a "bounce on the seat.." preload. Almost like a dirtbike. And nine times out of ten it won't come up on the first try, unless you're runnin some good tires, or your tires are really warm. My Bridgestone Battle Ax's just don't do it. Those were just 1st gear power wheelies (no clutching.) I can't speak too much on clutch wheelies, don't really do them very often. I'm looking more forward to learning how to take turns and drag knees rather than do a 12 o'clock wheelie!

blindkiller

• FREAK Member
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2013, 02:09:44 PM »
I could get the front end up no problem on mine, granted I'm a small guy. 5'7 140lbs. I'd goose the throttle, chop it off and as soon as I felt the bike go down I'd damn near break my wrist cracking it wide open. Would come up about 2-3 feet but wouldn't hold in 2nd. Did it in first and second gear around 7-9k like has been stated prior.
:thumb: temper pedic mattresses don't have shit on cinderblocks and cardboard

" To reach manhood, we are all cast into the fire and are purified by pain."

wheelie94

• FNG
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 07:04:19 PM »
It looks great!!  :thumb:

One thing you have to explain to me (in detail) is how to get the bikes  front wheel up?

I have tried to "rev" it up to 6-8K while doing 20 mph in second gear en then dropping the clutch. But that does not work.
I have tried to ride/cruise (in second gear) up to 6000 rev's and then closing the throttle and opening her right back up again, but she just will not lift.

Yes yes, maybe in just a bit of a   :squid2:  But please tel me how you go about getting your bikes front wheel up...

Hey man. Its hard to put in words but check out these videos very detailed high def slow motion on how to wheelie honda CBR's. Hope it helps. let me know if you have any other questions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvqO3Ot78Fw   <---- power and clutch highway wheelies  HIGH DEF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLJ7M8n8VJo     <--- Roll on throttle wheelie   HIGH DEF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AQVHNThnoc   <---SLOW motion on how to wheelie HIGH DEF

South African

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2013, 02:16:23 PM »
Hey 94... Cant past links on the "youtube" page so let me do it here. It is a real long (15min) video of a bunch of friends taking a ride. I am (2 up).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdNlLadKREI

I will only get time in December to "practice". I'll report back after...