Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: WTB: 2011 Black Fairings  (Read 20343 times)

ian

Re: WTB: 2011 Black Fairings
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 02:25:02 AM »
To be honest with you, the black drives me nuts. I hated it when I had a black car. I hate it now with my black bike. I absolutely love the white on my truck and would imagine the same for the bike...

I think I know which way I'm going to go...

WE_GOT_THAT_TOO

• FREAK Member
  • Know The Rules...Before You Play The Game
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 02:57:27 PM »
Well with that said...make it happen. Other expenses can wait  :thumb:

ian

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2013, 06:31:32 PM »
I need to get the valves done first..been looking around for a good shop to get it done at...

Nihon Newbie

• FREAK Member
  • It's like a semi-controlled, near-death experience
    • Page for my 49 state bike tour
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2013, 09:53:29 PM »
I need to get the valves done first..been looking around for a good shop to get it done at...

Valves...How many miles are on your bike?
1972 CB100 K2 - Fully Restored || 2008 CBR600RR - Street/Track || 1985 CH150 - Under Construction || 2007 CBR600RR Street/Track - (Sold: May/2011) || 1982 Urban Express NU50m - (Sold: May/2011) || 2006 CBR600RR - My First Bike (sold: 05/2007)

ian

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2013, 03:14:25 AM »
16k been running 87 octane

WE_GOT_THAT_TOO

• FREAK Member
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2013, 04:20:12 PM »
You should be ok until 20-25K

You can bring it down here to Gemini Motorsports for like $500. Jason has always taken care of our guys. If you wan't I'll let him know you'll be going in.

ian

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2013, 05:41:27 PM »
lol that's the thing..there isn't a whole lot of people I trust wrenching on my bike...

WE_GOT_THAT_TOO

• FREAK Member
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2013, 04:33:16 PM »
Well let me know if you want his info.

ian

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2014, 05:14:55 PM »
Holy crap its been almost a year since I last logged in. How's everyone doing?

Its amazing how I barely touched my bike this past year too! Started working at Mercedes and since I have to be in a suit every day, I've been reluctant to ride to work in my suit. Thankfully I moved only 10 minutes away from work so taking the truck every day hasn't been so bad.

So I'm thinking about finally fixing the bike and selling it. Still owe money on it but whatever, I'll deal with the loss if I can actually sell it. BUT...wanted to get your guys' input before I start dumping money into the bike.

So if you remember, a few years back I laid the bike down and damaged the plastics. Wondering if I should replace with OEM plastics or do a complete overhul and slap some new plastics on it? Also, when I went down, I tweaked the rear subframe a bit and are thinking that it would probably be a good idea to get that straight too? Anyone know if its better to straighten it or get a new subframe altogether?

There's 2 other little things that need to be done but whether I sell it or not, I'm going to get those fixed anyway so no big deal there.

Thoughts?

BTW..I'm thinking that if I fix it and get it back street ready that I'll get more money for it rather than trying to sell as it to someone looking for a track bike.. yeah? yeah?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 05:17:02 PM by shamu »

Nihon Newbie

• FREAK Member
  • It's like a semi-controlled, near-death experience
    • Page for my 49 state bike tour
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2014, 05:57:12 PM »
Holy crap its been almost a year since I last logged in. How's everyone doing?

Its amazing how I barely touched my bike this past year too! Started working at Mercedes and since I have to be in a suit every day, I've been reluctant to ride to work in my suit. Thankfully I moved only 10 minutes away from work so taking the truck every day hasn't been so bad.

So I'm thinking about finally fixing the bike and selling it. Still owe money on it but whatever, I'll deal with the loss if I can actually sell it. BUT...wanted to get your guys' input before I start dumping money into the bike.

So if you remember, a few years back I laid the bike down and damaged the plastics. Wondering if I should replace with OEM plastics or do a complete overhul and slap some new plastics on it? Also, when I went down, I tweaked the rear subframe a bit and are thinking that it would probably be a good idea to get that straight too? Anyone know if its better to straighten it or get a new subframe altogether?

There's 2 other little things that need to be done but whether I sell it or not, I'm going to get those fixed anyway so no big deal there.

Thoughts?

BTW..I'm thinking that if I fix it and get it back street ready that I'll get more money for it rather than trying to sell as it to someone looking for a track bike.. yeah? yeah?

This is always the trick of it. I'd say it mostly depends on your time frame, and what you ideally want to see money wise, between selling the bike and whatever you have left to pay off.

You could sell all the OEM stuff gradually on here and like 600rr.net, then buy a complete aftermarket kit, but it would be a lot of work, everyone low balls you, and shipping isn't very cheap. I'd say this is the slowest, but likely cheapest way to do it.

You could buy the OEM ones you actually need to replace, used, from the same places, plus eBay. I have found some great deals in the past on both forums and eBay for parts and bodywork. I think this is marginally faster, as you are the buyer and only need a few pieces, but might cost a little more in the end.

You could just find a really good parts house, like partzilla.com or Honda East Toledo, and make a deal with them to buy the plastics brand new, which you can use as a selling point for the bike, and maybe get an extra $500 because they're new. I would guess this is the fastest, by far, and the least work needed, but also the most expensive.

Personally I'd give myself a couple weeks to scour the forums and eBay, then whatever I wasn't able to find, I'd just buy new. This is all just my 2 cents, but I hope it helps!
1972 CB100 K2 - Fully Restored || 2008 CBR600RR - Street/Track || 1985 CH150 - Under Construction || 2007 CBR600RR Street/Track - (Sold: May/2011) || 1982 Urban Express NU50m - (Sold: May/2011) || 2006 CBR600RR - My First Bike (sold: 05/2007)

ian

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2015, 08:10:47 PM »
So dropping off the bike tomorrow at local shop that I've been using to buy parts and minor work. Would love to just acquire all the parts and do it myself but sadly, just don't have the time or devotion to do it myself. Especially since I'm only working on it to sell it.

I'll update once I get the bike back. Dibs to anyone on here with a reasonable offer.  ::)

If anyone is interested in picking up a bike for track, let me know and I can hold off on dropping it off to dump more money into it. Save me money and time, and you money  :thumb: