Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Leather recommendations.  (Read 7887 times)

Taft

• FREAK Member
  • Ridin' since the dawn of time
    • www.clannuclear.com
Re:Leather recommendations.
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2004, 10:33:36 PM »
I'm sure you are not asking me, but If you are, I would have to respectfully say, " ARE YOU CRAZY?!? "  Not to disrespect anyone who likes Joe Rocket, but I think that is the worst stuff out there.  Alot of people like it, so nutz to me then ( futurama, you get it or you don't ), but I personally do not like the quality.  I bought a jacket out of a freinds recommendation, I almost killed him the frist ride we went on.  It was a terrible jacket in the riding position.  Although, for someone else, the 290 price is a never pass opportunity if you like the rocket gear.  If I were greek, I would declare Dainese was made by the gods.
Even though I low sided, I'm still much faster than you think you are.
Visit us for Halo 2 discussions at   : www.clannuclear.com

Nemesis

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2004, 10:36:18 PM »
I'm sure you are not asking me, but If you are, I would have to respectfully say, " ARE YOU CRAZY?!? "  Not to disrespect anyone who likes Joe Rocket, but I think that is the worst stuff out there.  Alot of people like it, so nutz to me then ( futurama, you get it or you don't ), but I personally do not like the quality.  I bought a jacket out of a freinds recommendation, I almost killed him the frist ride we went on.  It was a terrible jacket in the riding position.  Although, for someone else, the 290 price is a never pass opportunity if you like the rocket gear.  If I were greek, I would declare Dainese was made by the gods.

Dude I am so in love with you!!! :)

You're my right hand man from now on.

I totally, absolutely agree with you 200%.

You're turning me on.  Stop it! :)

Taft

• FREAK Member
    • www.clannuclear.com
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2004, 11:40:53 PM »
Jesus, when people around here learn what I paid for my D- stuff, they cringe.  Noone accepts quality anymore, and that is sad.  They prefer shorts and sandals, or the dreaded hooded sweatshirt.  I think they beleive it has a +5 against asphalt.  I've been on the recieving end of a whole lotta shit, and road.  Noone will ever tell me dainese is too expensive.  They will only prove how stoopid they are.  

ceptor600rr

• I am an old racer
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2004, 11:45:47 PM »
never had the D-stuff but must agree NOTHING beats quality leather!!!!! been told that by my leather repair guy before .  He always gave me quality repairs!! I thank him
YELLOW 600RR

Nemesis

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2004, 11:52:46 PM »
In defense of those who think Dainese are very expensive, I do to an extent agree that Dainese may be a little pricey but they are totally worth it.  You compare the padding, protective armor, stitching, and leather quality to all those others and they just don't compare.  I just think of it this way, how much is your life worth to you?  How long do you want to enjoy riding your bike?  I'm not saying the answer to living a long life or avoiding injuries is to buy a Dainese protective gear.  Don't get me wrong, or don't read too much into it--which I know someone does.  Just understand there are some things in life that's worth buying regardless of how much it is.

However, there are some above average protective gears out there, and one of them are not Joe Rockets IMHO.

madmanu

• FREAK Member
  • I can resist everything but tambok pepe!
    • oneseba
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2004, 10:44:43 AM »
BMW leather jackets are top quality too. I was looking for the Dainese Trax Pelle but the one who carry them in my area is a BMW dealership. Anyway, I don't know how this guy coaxed me to try one on (maybe just being courteous, he's a little of age and is quite nice), he said "I don't have that particular Dainese, it's top mark but wait til you try this on". He's absolutely right, the fit, the construction, the material is oozing with quality. I thanked him but I said it's over my budget ; yeah, I was shopping for Dainese and that was over my budget. I guess I should have told him I have a sportbike  :)

Taft

• FREAK Member
    • www.clannuclear.com
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2004, 10:50:54 AM »
ohhh, SLAP! I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!!!!!

Nemesis

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2004, 01:20:56 PM »
Of course, he's gonna try to sell you his left overs!

Oh, well.  Maybe next time.

Nemesis

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2004, 04:39:33 AM »
Has anyone seen a Honda leather jacket that matches the 04' black??

I have, but please don't ask me to go look for it.  It's gonna take forever.

Try a search through google.  That's what I did.  Had to go through 28 pages of sites.

Taft

• FREAK Member
    • www.clannuclear.com
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2004, 09:37:00 AM »
I love Honda! Never,  Eeeeeeeeeever, doubt that.  But I hope they pay you a royalty for wearing all honda while riding one.  Sharp would be the Dainese shard jacket in black and red.   Maybe I'm an asshole?  OK I admit I'm am an asshole, but I am not trying to be one here, I think.  Thank You, I'll be here all week! 8)