Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Leather recommendations.  (Read 8041 times)

flipstream

• Joined the Dark Side
Re:Leather recommendations.
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2004, 07:40:29 PM »
How about TEKNIC?  Anyone have any experiences with them?
~R.I.P. my 600rr~

Yeah... its a SUZUKI! ::)

1FSTOLDGUY

• FREAK Member
  • '03 Duc 749. I will not bump my knee, I will not.
    • Cebrian's Home on the Web
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2004, 02:55:33 PM »
After much searching and looking at various leathers and my needs, budget requirements, and yes all your recommendations, I have ordered a set of Teknic Chicane 2PC leathers from Newenough.com.  Not the best but will be good enough for the riding I do and didn't damage my budget.  I also ordered a set of Alpinestar GPS 3 boots.  I'll post how I like them after some on road testing.  
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,  but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ".....Holy shit......what a ride!"
'03 Ducati 749 Bipoto "Rosa"
'93 Katana 600 "Rat Kat"

Taft

• FREAK Member
  • Ridin' since the dawn of time
    • www.clannuclear.com
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2004, 08:51:41 AM »
Do you have the pricing from Newenough.com?  I've been trying for three days to get it, but they don't send it to me.  I'd like to see the prices they have on icon gear.
Even though I low sided, I'm still much faster than you think you are.
Visit us for Halo 2 discussions at   : www.clannuclear.com

1FSTOLDGUY

• FREAK Member
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2004, 10:35:38 AM »
Icon has some stupid rule about advertising prices on the web that are less than retail. Go to the website www.newenough.com and go to an Icon item. They will have a link where you give them your e-mail address and they will e-mail you the price list for all their Icon stuff.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,  but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ".....Holy shit......what a ride!"
'93 Katana 600 "Rat Kat"

Taft

• FREAK Member
    • www.clannuclear.com
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2004, 11:12:12 AM »
Exactly what I was talking about.  How long did it take them to send it to you?  I've been waiting three days, and E-Mailed them 4 times already.

1FSTOLDGUY

• FREAK Member
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2004, 11:44:58 AM »
I'll have to wait till I get home today to check my e-mail. Canít access it with the work computer. Funny they sent me an e-mail on a Sunday from one of the operators to make sure I knew the status on my order. If I have the list I'll fwd you a copy. Must be a glitch in the system.
'93 Katana 600 "Rat Kat"

cpchillin

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2004, 05:40:06 PM »
When you e-mail companies for any support know that sometimes your isp doesn't allow some e-mails. If you have hotmail you can't get over a certain size attachment. Taft you have AOL which has spam blocker. And since the e-mail is sent automatically from their computer AOL might just think that it's spam. Hey old guy if you e-mail the pricelist from your computer it should get past AOL's spam blocker, if that's the problem.

Taft

• FREAK Member
    • www.clannuclear.com
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2004, 06:31:21 PM »
DAMN my AOL.  You know I though about that, but it never registered....

1FSTOLDGUY

• FREAK Member
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2004, 11:12:34 PM »
The list was in my in-box when I checked it. It was from an auto responce computer so your e-mail must have screened it out.  Check your messages i sent you a copy of what they sent me.
'93 Katana 600 "Rat Kat"

desertcbr

• FREAK Member
  • Nothing but sun!
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2004, 11:26:46 PM »
Dainese, expen$ive but worth every penny. I can't wait to get my next leather jacket. My second choice would be Alpinestars.

D
Desertcbr now with wings! -   "Fear is the mind-killer"  D=Dan

1FSTOLDGUY

• FREAK Member
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2004, 11:50:22 PM »
My new suit arrived today. Fit's pretty good. After I get it broken in and a few miles in it I'll post a review.  I ordered Alpinestar boots with it but they were out of stock on my size. For the price they gave me I'll wait.
'93 Katana 600 "Rat Kat"

cbrmike

• I lovvess my bike, lovvvessss my bike
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2004, 08:37:52 PM »
What do you guys think for sizing?  I am looking to get a one or two peice suit.  I have an Astars jacket size 52 right now, and I like the way it fits.  I am 6'0 and 185lbs, and I always see taller guys gettin larger sizes like 54 or 56, but I don't want it to be sagy in the mid section.  What do you guys think?
yoyodyne sliders
micron pipe
2 crashes

Taft

• FREAK Member
    • www.clannuclear.com
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2004, 09:47:24 PM »
Thanks, old guy.  They do have awesome prices.  I was really into the hooligan gloves, they would match my windscreen.  I agree dainese is the best, and alpinestars is a good second.  Never substitute price for quality, but I have a dainese suit already, and I just want a cheap good jacket and gloves for around town.  I hope the teknic fits well.  As for sizing.  Never listen to anyone, go to a dealership or store that carries them.  Try them on, then, when you find one that fits well, buy it discount online.

Nemesis

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2004, 10:15:46 PM »
I know alot of stupid people, so I've seen alot of bike hockey.  I like the Alpinestars and especially the Dainese, but they are up there in price.  AGV always made a good product, but I put my money in what ive seen work.  My Dainise suit and my bike and me went through a deer/ trees/ and a bunch of road at 110 in 97, but I stumbled away.  A 300-400$ savings on a suit is not enough to make me risk my ass.  If I go down again, I wanna get stood up not scraped up.

That's my man!

Dainese all the way!!! 8)

How many times do I have to tell you guys! :)

Nemesis

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2004, 10:22:21 PM »
In two months I should be getting my Dainese Rossi color Bora Suit, Bora Rossi color leather Jacket, Invader D-Stone jacket for summer use, Metal Gloves, two back protectors, Face Mask (free), and another present they're giving me for purchasing all this.

You want a Joe Rocket Speedmaster '04 jacket I'm trying to get rid of?  I'll sell it to ya for $290.  Tried on ONLY once.  Never worn on the streets or anything.  Please don't ask me why I'm selling it because I'll probably tick off a lot of people or rather one person. :)  Size is 40 US.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2004, 08:16:03 AM by Nemesis »