Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: march 9th chuckwalla valley raceway  (Read 7864 times)

*~c_dubya~*

• FREAK Member
  • your smiting hurts my delicate soul.
Re: march 9th chuckwalla valley raceway
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 11:16:02 PM »
sooooo... remember what happened? high side?
#99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

Rjunky

• FREAK Member
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 11:43:00 PM »
nope found out foremost covers track days
this is my signature.....there are many like it....but this one is mine.....

cosmo

• FREAK Member
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 04:41:59 AM »
well, if he said it's pretty banged, i'd asume a highside as well. can't imaigne a lot of bad damage out of a lowside unless it hit something while it slid, or pegs caught on something and threw it around...
still, it's a piece of metal in the end, it's a good thing he didn't get hurt worse. did they operate you yet, junky, or ar you waiting just like dub did?
    07 RR doing   who needs diesel? 8)

Rjunky

• FREAK Member
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 10:55:49 AM »
no idea. im waiting to see who got video and nope no surgery needed. just letting it heal

Rjunky

• FREAK Member
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2012, 11:17:50 AM »

f3racer

• CBR600RR.com Racer
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2012, 05:23:03 PM »
linky no worky brother. says you need an account to view.  get better man.
SSG William Pendleton
US Army Military Police
CCS AM #81
MCRA member
07 CBR 600 RR

Rjunky

• FREAK Member
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 08:45:06 PM »
http://www.caliphotography.com/photos/index.php?do=photocart&viewGallery=17782#image=1807358 if it doesnt work just make an account lol its free and it doesnt send you crap

Rjunky

• FREAK Member
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2012, 10:13:40 PM »
Cpl Ryan Michaud and Sgt. Matthew Wilkins were attending an instructor led advanced motorcycle riders improvement event at Chuckwalla Raceway with emphasis on proper form and safe riding procedures. The event was non competitive, the laps were not timed, and was not a race. SNMs were wearing full PPE to include: 1 piece leather suit, full face DOT and SNELL approved helmet, full gauntlet leather gloves, full ankle coverage re-enforced leather boots, and spinal protector* (*by Sgt. Matthew Wilkins). Cpl. Ryan Michaud was coming out of turn 16 (as seen below) and approaching turn 17 when a bump in the track caused Cpl. Michaudís handle bars to wobble causing SNM to lose control. I was coming down the straightway when Cpl. Michaud, unable to avoid me, struck the left side of my motorcycle from behind. Since I was unable to see what had happened, I was told by the instructor who was following Cpl. Michaud, that what happened was that Cpl. Michaudís front wheel became locked with my rear wheel. The 2 motorcycles were momentarily stuck together. I started to lose control but was able to keep my motorcycle up. I was then told that Cpl. Michaudís bike became dislodged and was launched at an upward angle to the right of my motorcycle. This caused Cpl. Michaud to be ejected from his motorcyle. The impact left Cpl. Michaud with a broken clavicle on his right side and a mild concussion. Cpl. Michaud was then transported via emergency medical services to Desert Regional Medical Center located in Palm Springs, Ca.

Rjunky

• FREAK Member
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2012, 10:16:09 PM »
guess i need a stabilizer now lol

Nihon Newbie

• FREAK Member
  • It's like a semi-controlled, near-death experience
    • Page for my 49 state bike tour
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2012, 12:04:21 AM »
Damn dude, that's a hell of a report. Glad to hear you don't need surgery for the collar bone, and awesome that your insurance is gonna cover it!
1972 CB100 K2 - Fully Restored || 2008 CBR600RR - Street/Track || 1985 CH150 - Under Construction || 2007 CBR600RR Street/Track - (Sold: May/2011) || 1982 Urban Express NU50m - (Sold: May/2011) || 2006 CBR600RR - My First Bike (sold: 05/2007)

Rjunky

• FREAK Member
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2012, 11:58:23 AM »
here is an explanation from someone who saw me go down

So we had just come in to the front straight, I was starting to gain a little bit on this green Kawi zx-6 when I hear this really loud exhaust coming up behind me. You flew past me on my right side (I was a little bit to the right of the center of the track) and went flying up on this zx-6. Your revs were super high, you must have been about to hit redline. The only place you could have maybe passed this guy was on the right but he was on the right side of the track and only had maybe a foot of track to his right side before dirt. It looked like you grabbed a lot of front brake and locked it up because I saw the wheel suddenly start violently shaking from side to side and then you went over the bars and the bike went down and slid in to the back of the Kawi. He fishtailed like crazy I have no idea how he did it but he kept it together and landed up going off the track a few turns later; I'm not sure if that was mechanical or if he was just freaked out.

You looked like you took one hell of a toss though and landed on your side and hit your head. I went by you as you were rolling through the dirt and your bike was sparking with plastic bits flying all over the place. That thing was brutal though so I'm glad you just have a broken bone. You were still lying in the dirt when I came back around and pitted. I was doing probably 75-80 in that straight so you probably went down doing 95-100.

ian

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2012, 12:16:45 PM »
Where's your GoPro video?

Rjunky

• FREAK Member
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2012, 12:40:24 PM »
it was dead....

ian

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2012, 01:31:46 PM »
fail.

*~c_dubya~*

• FREAK Member
  • your smiting hurts my delicate soul.
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2012, 09:06:05 PM »
ooOOooo! 100mph high side club too! *high five*
#99 HYPERSLOTH RACING