Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: "Life at 45*" trailer - short doc film about Calgary's (ever so bumpy) Race City  (Read 2257 times)

*~c_dubya~*

• FREAK Member
  • your smiting hurts my delicate soul.
... as told by some of the CMRA racers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2kNk77Mv9i8

for as shitty and bumpy as that place was, I'm sure going to miss it =(
#99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
Cool video! Don't worry Dub, someone will step up and build a new circuit here.
2003 CBR600RR - LCR Honda MotoGP racing body kit, Watsen Designs flush mount signals, Sunstar sprockets, D.I.D. X-Ring race chain, GPR GPE Titanium Carbon Fibre race pipe, Pazzo shorty gold levers, CustomLED Intergrated rear signal/brake light, Puig fender eliminator, PCV, K&N race air filter

Wrench87

• Proud Albertan
  • FREAK Member
    • Facebook
Didn't load for me...I'll try again tomorrow.

As for new ones...I've heard rumours about a couple up north...one by Crossiron Mills, another up by Olds/Didsbury...one can hope ???

cosmo

• FREAK Member
curious, any of you guys happen to know aprox how much a new track costs? i understood it's tremendously expensive. curious how much though, and what's the investment recovery time.
    07 RR doing   who needs diesel? 8)

*~c_dubya~*

• FREAK Member
dunno what the cost is- apparently there are financial backers, but no one can get into a neighbourhood without being blocked by residents. They've tried multiple areas of Southern Alberta only to be told to GTFO at the first vote.
There was talk of one in Airdrie (that's the latest, as everything else was poo-poo'd), but so far no dice. So far. Fingers crossed, 'cause that would be a helluva lot closer to my place than where Race City was.
Would be better if they combined it with the dirtbike pit in Irricana- I could walk my bike to the track from home.
#99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
I'm not worried about it to be honest. There is a genuine need for race facilities, so it's just as matter of time.
2003 CBR600RR - LCR Honda MotoGP racing body kit, Watsen Designs flush mount signals, Sunstar sprockets, D.I.D. X-Ring race chain, GPR GPE Titanium Carbon Fibre race pipe, Pazzo shorty gold levers, CustomLED Intergrated rear signal/brake light, Puig fender eliminator, PCV, K&N race air filter

*~c_dubya~*

• FREAK Member
hahaha, I'm old enough already! I don't think I could wait another 10 years (although if you saw in the video, DeGraf has got to be in his 50s and he's one of the fastest racers Calgary's got).
#99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

CDN

• King of Kings
  • FREAK Member
  • エピック
hahaha, I'm old enough already! I don't think I could wait another 10 years (although if you saw in the video, DeGraf has got to be in his 50s and he's one of the fastest racers Calgary's got).
I honestly don't think it will take ten years. Once the city sees all the street racing, they'll do something about it.

leusent

• FREAK Member
That track looks pretty rough, heh. The track around here is pretty new and is amazingly smooth. I love it.
Winter: 1997 DOHC I-6 2.8L 5Spd BMW 328IS (2-Door)
Summer: 2007 DOHC I-4 600CC 6Spd Honda CBR600RR (2-Wheel)
Dead: 1984 DOHC V-4 500CC 6Spd Honda VF500F Interceptor (2-Wheel)

*~c_dubya~*

• FREAK Member
haha, you have no idea! corner 6 was so scarily bumpy (and one of the fastest corners on the track)... I nutted myself pretty hard the first time I went out after the new patches were put in (they were above the surface by a good 1/2")... but really the whole track was pretty gnarly. I've heard stories of local racers who go and ride Miller and they have to go through a big mind-phuck of thinking they have no contact with the ground because they can't feel the rough track below them. I can't wait! haha

The concrete walls were far too close for comfort too.
#99 HYPERSLOTH RACING