Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Toce Performance T-Slash Exhaust  (Read 9198 times)

Tragic

• "Fastest Kid Alive"
  • Newbies
Toce Performance T-Slash Exhaust
« on: October 15, 2011, 10:39:40 PM »
Product: Toce Performance T-slash Exhaust
Application: 2009 Honda CBR600RR Phoenix Edition
MSRP: $564 Exhaust
          +$50 powder coated Midpipe (upon request)

Parts:
- Exhaust Canister Assembly
- Stainless/Coated Midpipe
- T-bolt Clamp
- Retainer Springs
- SS Mounting Bolts

Installation notes:
  The installation of the exhaust was fairly straight forward. The only things I ran into where the solid mounting points. They are a little difficult to get aligned. What I ended up doing was connecting the canister to the midpipe and from their connecting the midpipe to the Cat. Then twisting the canister left/right to alight the mounting point holes. This sounds simple right? Well before you connect the canister to the midpipe I recommend spraying a light coat of WD-40 or similar product on the part of the pipe the canister is going to connect to. This makes rotating the canister to align into the mounting bracket a whole lot easier (it's a tight fit).

The holes on the canister's mounting points are threaded, be careful not to damage them during installation. Down the road I might drill out the threads and just use a bolt and nylon nut & lock washer set up, but it works perfectly fine the way it is. I'm only planning to do so if I decide to lower the exhaust with fabricated ~1" brackets to expose the integrated tail light a bit more.

I did not slide the midpipe all the way down to the seated position on the Cat. This was to properly align the canister. I would say it's 70-80% on there. Which is plenty.

There are mounting points at the bottom of the canister for which you could install a licence plate bracket, or hang one of those Uber JDM plush dolls from.  :P

Overall:
  I simply love the exhaust. Some may think it's a bit pricey, and it very well may be  ???. But I like to think you get what you pay for. No there is no fancy carbon fiber. No there is no cool points for having a "Name Brand" exhaust set up. The weight savings is not substantial, but it's there. There are performance gains, maybe not huge but my ass-dyno could feel it. All and all it's a unique exhaust that I have already gotten complements for.

WE_GOT_THAT_TOO

• FREAK Member
  • Know The Rules...Before You Play The Game
Re: Toce Performance T-Slash Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 11:16:23 PM »
That looks SICK! Very nice...similar to my HyperFlo exhaust. Not sure if it will be as loud, but it looks amazing! Excellent choice.