Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Helmet Speakers/Bluetooth Systems  (Read 10910 times)

Tragic

• "Fastest Kid Alive"
  • Newbies
Re: Helmet Speakers/Bluetooth Systems
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2011, 10:28:41 PM »
I use the Sena SMH10. It's black, and it only uses two buttons. The internal battery has lasted me for days, probably about 8 hours or more. It has a big dial that adjusts volume and lets you utilize your phone's voice command feature. I don't talk on the phone all the time but if I'm riding with cager buddies I just give them the call me gesture and we can figure things out on the fly.

The sound quality is great. Two slim speakers mount inside the helmet. The Shoei RF1100 has dimples already so the speakers just sit in there nice and neat. The unit is also detachable, which is a good feature.

here's where I bought mine.
http://www.revzilla.com/sena-bluetooth-communications?gclid=CIadja-s-6sCFRtjgwod3gGYlA
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 10:30:17 PM by Tragic »

ian

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 09:13:36 PM »
Looks like a great system. The Scala still seems like a better fit for my needs though.

06CBRrr

• Newbies
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 02:00:56 PM »
O'neal makes some good helmets with everything intergraded, i have one and like it. once to get to high speeds its harder to hear tho...
06CBR600rr

briboy

• "Steal Your Face Right Off Your Head"
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 08:25:01 PM »
I bought the Sena SMH10 as well and I am loving it, I got it for the music alone and the phone has been a big bonus, very easy to use, good and clear, great battery life, I have the Shoe Quest helmet. I was not overly thrilled with the boom mic but once you get it adjusted it works great. 

ian

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2012, 12:41:09 AM »
I ended up with the Chatterbox X1 Slim. Absolutely love it. Works great. I can connect with as many riders as I want. It's been great for large group rides.

I absolutely depend on it these days as I can stream music via Pandora through the bluetooth on my phone. The only thing they could improve on is the ringer for incoming calls. It's a bit hard to hear at times while cruising on the freeway..

Ronaldgreen

• FNG
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 07:54:25 AM »
I use the Sena SMH10. It's black, and it only uses two buttons. The internal battery has lasted me for days, probably about 8 hours or more. It has a big dial that adjusts volume and lets you utilize your phone's voice command feature. I don't talk on the phone all the time but if I'm riding with cager buddies I just give them the call me gesture and we can figure things out on the fly.

The sound quality is great. Two slim cheap speakers mount inside the helmet. The Shoei RF1100 has dimples already so the speakers just sit in there nice and neat. The unit is also detachable, which is a good feature.

here's where I bought mine.
http://www.revzilla.com/sena-bluetooth-communications?gclid=CIadja-s-6sCFRtjgwod3gGYlA

Just purchased helmet with awesome speakers and bluetooth system. I must say it decreases the chances of accidents while driving
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 12:18:35 AM by Ronaldgreen »

jag75

Re: Re: Re: Helmet Speakers/Bluetooth Systems
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2013, 08:39:42 PM »
I've wanted one, but can't justify spending the money on one. Besides, part of the joy of riding is the serenity and getting away from everything else but, you, your bike, and the road. Nothing else should matter.   Just another way to put yourself in a bad situation.
I agree 100%. I love to hear the engines  rumble as we canyon ride.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

ian

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2013, 01:36:27 AM »
So after a few months of owning the CB, the OEM speakers blew out. I'm sure it was because of the volume setting I had it on and the type of music I was listening to...but $50 pair of nice headphones and the help of a friend who knows how to solder, the chatterbox works better now than ever..

moarmoto

• FNG
Re: Re: Helmet Speakers/Bluetooth Systems
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2013, 12:23:39 PM »
It's an old post but I bought noisehush ns560 and just stuck it in the chin area with velcro tape. Works find for muaic but haven't tried phone

EN4RR

• Newbies
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2013, 05:26:33 AM »
Not sure if it's ok to post this as it's a "link" to another forum ??? but I've been scanning around where best to buy a Sena SMH10D-11 (see below). Ebay and Amazon are non-Authorised resellers (no support from Sena) but this site: htt-p://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573145 is on its 3rd year of a group-buy, and supposedly a good price, authorised and supported.... when I'm in I can let you know...

Model numbers explained:
SMH10-01 - original single headset kit (this was the original non-upgradable version)
SMH10D-01 - original dual headset kit (this was the original non-upgradable version)
SMH10-01B - previous single headset kit (upgradable USB version)
SMH10D-01B - previous dual headset kit (upgradable USB version)
SMH10-10 - later USB version single headset kit, 4.0 firmware (BT has EDR Class 1), no wall charger
SMH10D-10 - later USB version dual headset kit, 4.0 firmware (BT has EDR Class 1), no wall chargers
SMH10-11 - latest version with tethered mic option included aswell as Boom mic, SMH10D-11 is the Dual kit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNe9DEHcpXY
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 06:54:12 AM by EN4RR »