Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: MCRA Oct 10th at Gateway  (Read 14431 times)

f3racer

• CBR600RR.com Racer
MCRA Oct 10th at Gateway
« on: October 13, 2010, 07:53:13 AM »
Well it was hell getting there but the race went well.

I took my new Pirellis (thanks Nihon and Rob) to a local shop here to have them mounted and balanced and they put some serious marks in the wheels and didnt even balance them. the tech tried to tell me you dont have to balance them anymore. i flipped a wig and they fixed the problem. I took the wheels home on wed and put them on the bike and fuck me if i didnt break a front brake line. i called rob and he sent me new brake lines and a +2 rear sprocket. the brake lines were the wrong ones. i called rob and he jumped out of his ass to fix the problem. i got my lines friday and spent all day sat getting the bike ready for sunday. sunday at 7am im unloading the truck into my paddock space. i get everything set up and i reach down about 5 minutes before the 1st practice session to feel my front tire warmer isnt working. so i go out into my 1st session nice and slow. i get back and my wife has managed to fix the warmer. she pulled it apart, found the break in the wire and fixed it. god i love her. session #4 and i get flagged off the track to see my oil filter o-ring has bulged and i spraying oil all over my bike. i get it fixed and re teched just in time for the last session to get my tires back into shape.  heres the race. the grid was huge. 5 experts and around 25 am riders one a 1 wave race. i am gridded 5th i completely botch the start and end up into turn one in 15th place. 6 laps later im running awesome and we get red flagged for an accident and finish in 5th. the was creeping up on 4th place. so i managed to start 5, drop to 15th and work myself back to 5th in 6 laps.   id say not too bad for only my 3rd race ever.

thanks to rob and jason. rob with his awesome support and jason for dealing with my 500 text questions everyday and still giving me good advice.   the army is thinking about sending me back to south GA by the beginning of next season so i might be at the track with those guys next yr.
SSG William Pendleton
US Army Military Police
CCS AM #81
MCRA member
07 CBR 600 RR

Jason748

• Global Moderator
  • FREAK Member
  • Get'in Faster....
Re: MCRA Oct 10th at Gateway
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 08:52:31 AM »
Way to Go    :thumb:
CCS/CRA #92
07 CBR600RR - RACE
Sponsors: Two Brothers Honda, Lithium Motorsports, SpyderLeatherworks

"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racingís important to men who do it well. When youíre racing, it... itís life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting."  -S

vfrbh1

• FREAK Member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 12:53:17 PM »
Ditto WTG, get you some spoons and put them hoops on yourself!
for real change support the fairtax act: fairtax.org

Nihon Newbie

• FREAK Member
  • It's like a semi-controlled, near-death experience
    • Page for my 49 state bike tour
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 08:32:38 PM »
Sounds like a hell of an adventure!  Haha.  I'm glad to hear everything more or less worked out in the endand that your badass wife fixed your tire warmers, that's awesome!   :thumb:  Though I'm really sorry the shop messed up your wheels.  That blows.   :banghead:
1972 CB100 K2 - Fully Restored || 2008 CBR600RR - Street/Track || 1985 CH150 - Under Construction || 2007 CBR600RR Street/Track - (Sold: May/2011) || 1982 Urban Express NU50m - (Sold: May/2011) || 2006 CBR600RR - My First Bike (sold: 05/2007)

bboynicku

• FREAK Member
  • Need $$$ for Track :P
    • Q-Rev International
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 04:12:33 PM »
great job!!
RED/BLACK '03 RR *** I LOVE RIDING ^_^ ***
Scotts Oil Filter
ZeroGravity Double Bubble
Acumen DigiGear