Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: f3racers 1st race weekend  (Read 18680 times)

f3racer

• CBR600RR.com Racer
f3racers 1st race weekend
« on: August 24, 2010, 09:10:47 AM »
holy weekend batman!

it was phenominal, at Gateway International Raceway just outside St Louis, MO i started saturday doing the learning curves school all day. each time we went out i dropped a couple seconds off of my lap times. i started with 1:32's and just before the mock race i ended with a 1:20. the intermediate track day classes always have a ton of people in them so they stuck us with the novice track day riders. we started before them and ended up having to do some passing before we finished. it was a pain at 1st and then i realized it was good due to us learning how do deal with it. at the end of the day we did a "mock" race. didnt have times for the mock race because my timer was on the fritz. sunday i did a back to back hw ss race then mw ss race. i need some more practice before i do a back to back again. my 1st race in HW i finished 4th with a 1:16 fast lap. finished 7th in the mw ss with a fast lap of 1:15. it was an awesome experience. Rick Weaver was a big help during tech along with Brian Hall giving me great pointers for the track. everyone i talked to at the track was great. i picked alot of brains and had a blast. cant wait to do it again.

Thanks to Jason Bartlett for all the great advice and the tires.
SSG William Pendleton
US Army Military Police
CCS AM #81
MCRA member
07 CBR 600 RR

*~c_dubya~*

• FREAK Member
  • your smiting hurts my delicate soul.
Re: f3racers 1st race weekend
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 09:19:29 AM »
welcome to the wonderful world of racing!
glad you had a good time! =)
#99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

Jason748

• Global Moderator
  • FREAK Member
  • Get'in Faster....
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 03:21:13 PM »
 :thumb:  Told you those take-offs had lots of life left!

Way to go for your first real race weekend!
Weaver was a help.... Now I know you're just making shit up   :P  But yea he's one of the best tech guys around.
And picking Brian's brain is an excellent thing... nothign like gettign advice from the multiple time #1 midwest overall champ and AMA pro racer.  Just don't let him talk you into running those damn done-slops  8)

Anytime you need some help, info, advice let me know I'm happy to help, you know how to get ahold of me.

You should come up to BHF in Sept.
CCS/CRA #92
07 CBR600RR - RACE
Sponsors: Two Brothers Honda, Lithium Motorsports, SpyderLeatherworks

"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racingís important to men who do it well. When youíre racing, it... itís life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting."  -S

DakotaCBR

• CBR600RR.com Racer
  • FREAK Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 03:52:02 PM »
Congrats dude, great job  ;D
CCS FL #308

Lithium Motorsports      ScorpionEXO      Vortex      Trackdaymag.com      Woodcraft

Nihon Newbie

• FREAK Member
  • It's like a semi-controlled, near-death experience
    • Page for my 49 state bike tour
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 08:56:03 PM »
Looks like a blast!  Well done and congrats on moving into racing!   ;D
1972 CB100 K2 - Fully Restored || 2008 CBR600RR - Street/Track || 1985 CH150 - Under Construction || 2007 CBR600RR Street/Track - (Sold: May/2011) || 1982 Urban Express NU50m - (Sold: May/2011) || 2006 CBR600RR - My First Bike (sold: 05/2007)

f3racer

• CBR600RR.com Racer
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 09:06:59 AM »
:thumb:  Told you those take-offs had lots of life left!

Anytime you need some help, info, advice let me know I'm happy to help, you know how to get ahold of me.

You should come up to BHF in Sept.

im trying for BHF but my work shedule show we have around 1100 brand new privates rotating through that month so not sure. it looks like i might have to just either wait until next season or run an MCRA challenge race at gateway again in october. thanks again jason, without those tires i wouldnt have made it. i can only imagine how i'll do with new diablo's. ive been told they are much better than the dragons.
SSG William Pendleton
US Army Military Police
CCS AM #81
MCRA member
07 CBR 600 RR