Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Round 2!  (Read 26668 times)

*~c_dubya~*

• FREAK Member
  • your smiting hurts my delicate soul.
Round 2!
« on: June 14, 2010, 07:45:55 PM »
So, woot woot!, I raced in Round 2 this past weekend.

Saturday was all practice, and my the first time I had been on the track since racing in Round 1, as both track nights were cancelled due to weather.
The first time out for the morning was slow going, and a little off.
My second session, however, was the most amazing session! For starters, I FINALLY consistently hit redline in 6th going down the front straight, when I was lucky to hit 5th gear before. I also got my knee down through 2 corners, which was another first (I had dragged knee consistently on the mini-track last year, but this was the first time I got it down on the big track). And I wore off the remaining 1/4" of my chicken strip on my rear tire.
Aside from my foot slipping off my peg when I was coming out of the bus-stop, I rode without incident.. which is pretty much another first!

I went back on Sunday for the races.

My start on my first race was damn near perfect; although, I did have my first wheelie.
I gained four positions down the front straight, and entered the corner mid-pack, but then something happened, and I lost EVERYONE in the front pack. I tried to catch back up, but I just couldn't get there. My second lap felt like I was hitting everything wrong. I'm really surprised that I didn't eat it in a bunch of places. Race 1 felt like I was just out there doing laps. No one lapped me, and I wasn't in last place or anything, but it didn't feel good at all.

My second race was started off with a pretty hard-landing wheelie, which put me at the back of the front pack going hard into corner one. But, I wanted it. I wasn't going to be left behind. For the first four or five laps, I was keeping up with everyone. They would sometimes lose me on the back straight, then I would catch up by the entrance to the carousel. I made two aggressive passes, that I'm so super proud of - one at the crest of a blind hill/corner 9, and another one I dove under a rider going into the carousel. I lost traction on my rear tire going around the corner that I crashed in a month ago, but regained it and carried on about my business. I also ran over a gopher, and the rider behind me said that it just exploded. I kinda wish he had an on-board camera.

Over the weekend, I dropped my lap times by 6 seconds, and gained two top-8 finishes.

#99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

Campe23

• FREAK Member
  • If life gives you Melons, you may be deslexic!
Re: Round 2!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 08:58:37 PM »
Congrats!!  I am jealous.  One day I will be on the track.  I can only imagine the feeling after having a good day like that.  Before you know it, you will be in first.

Wrench87

• Proud Albertan
  • FREAK Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 09:41:56 PM »
Way to go eh!  Love the photos, too

Think maybe you kinda mind-fucked yourself in race 1 perhaps? ???

Jason748

• Global Moderator
  • FREAK Member
  • Get'in Faster....
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 10:04:57 PM »
Good Going  :thumb:  dropping 6 seconds is a ton.  It's easy to mind-fuck yourself in a race... been there done that  ::)

Now, for the criticism...  you're too upright on the bike, get your head & upper body down.  Also hang more off the bike in the corners - visualize sticking your head where your mirror would be, it will help you get more weight on the pegs  (less chance of slipping off), and keep teh bike more upright (bigger contact patch.
CCS/CRA #92
07 CBR600RR - RACE
Sponsors: Two Brothers Honda, Lithium Motorsports, SpyderLeatherworks

"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racingís important to men who do it well. When youíre racing, it... itís life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting."  -S

ian

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 02:20:26 AM »
Good Going  :thumb:  dropping 6 seconds is a ton.  It's easy to mind-fuck yourself in a race... been there done that  ::)

Now, for the criticism...  you're too upright on the bike, get your head & upper body down.  Also hang more off the bike in the corners - visualize sticking your head where your mirror would be, it will help you get more weight on the pegs  (less chance of slipping off), and keep teh bike more upright (bigger contact patch.
if i'm not mistaken, your ass should be pretty much hanging off the bike?? i believe its one of those "leap of faith" type deals where you just have to trust the bike and hang off??

cosmo

• FREAK Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 04:59:15 AM »
dunno why you'd call it a leap of faith, since you can still do line corections even when hanging off, in a pinch. : P
one thing that annoys me when hanging off is that i can't get rid of my chicken strips :( hoping to get some time at a track so i can go all out, too scared to do tests on public roads.

anyway, congrats on your balls weekend! ;) really sounds like you had lots of fun. keep it up! :thumb:

one last thing, since i remembered owing you a spelling correction:
Saturday was all practice, and my the first time I had been on the track since racing in Round 1, as both track nights were cancelled due to weather.
  yeah, i know this isn't a spelling error, still.... :D
    07 RR doing   who needs diesel? 8)

*~c_dubya~*

• FREAK Member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 07:44:41 AM »

one last thing, since i remembered owing you a spelling correction:  yeah, i know this isn't a spelling error, still.... :D
touche', phucker.

and yeah, believe it or not, my body positioning is usually far better. I was just talking with a friend about that. I think I've lost trust in my footpegs, and that's why i'm more on the bike than off. I don't know why I'm not tucked more... aside from the fact that my boobs get in the way.
I gotta twist my inside foot too! Looks like I'm about to drag toe, which isn't awesome.
#99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

ian

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 11:49:20 PM »
thats true..i hadn't considered the boobs getting in the way. i wasn't nearly as fat as i am now when i had my bike so the last time i rode i didn't have moobs getting in the way yet. just throw on a sports bra thats 2 sizes to small so that you can get the surface nice and flat so you can hang off the side of the bike easier :thumb:

Wrench87

• Proud Albertan
  • FREAK Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 07:31:52 AM »
Good idea shamu...but then what do the creepy guys get to stare at?
Maybe she needs a custum made tank? With breast depressions (I know...those two words don't fit well together :-P)

*~c_dubya~*

• FREAK Member
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 07:43:29 AM »
they're not a problem for when i hang off, just for when i tuck.
and a sports bra couldn't hold them down any further than my leather do. I literally have to tuck them in when I do up the zipper. Not exactly comfortable, and it gives me a uni-boob. Not sexy.
#99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

Wrench87

• Proud Albertan
  • FREAK Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 08:16:39 AM »
Mmmmmmmm...uniboob

I don't see them being a problem when you fu...oh...you said TUCK

Jason748

• Global Moderator
  • FREAK Member
  • Get'in Faster....
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 02:37:59 PM »
 :( I don't really buy the "boob" excuse (they get in the way) ...  PM Supergirl on here and ask what she does, she's rather "well equipped" and seem to be able to tuck in just fine...

Sorry Tea... stole a couple pics from you're facebook page...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 02:52:31 PM by Jason748 »
CCS/CRA #92
07 CBR600RR - RACE
Sponsors: Two Brothers Honda, Lithium Motorsports, SpyderLeatherworks

"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racingís important to men who do it well. When youíre racing, it... itís life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting."  -S

*~c_dubya~*

• FREAK Member
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 03:27:00 PM »
nice form.

no excuses, just sayin' that they're on the tank when I'm going down the straights, and short of stuffing them in my armpits, i'm not going to get lower. as for not being lower in corners, i've got no excuse.
#99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

cosmo

• FREAK Member
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 08:36:29 AM »
perhaps that song with "get low, get low" would help? :P
    07 RR doing   who needs diesel? 8)

*~c_dubya~*

• FREAK Member
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 01:15:24 PM »
TO THE WINNNDOOOOOOWWWWW, TO THE WALLLL!!!

that's so gonna be my pit-song!
#99 HYPERSLOTH RACING