Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Right Side Mid and Upper Front Cowl Fairings  (Read 5107 times)

matttrudeau1

• FNG
Right Side Mid and Upper Front Cowl Fairings
« on: April 30, 2010, 06:00:41 PM »
I'm looking for a right side mid fairing and upper front cowl that will fit an all Black 2005 600RR.  OEM only.  I don't want to purchase from the online aftermarket vendors.  I'll pay a fair price for good condition parts.  Thanks.

Matt 

ian

Re: Right Side Mid and Upper Front Cowl Fairings
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 07:05:09 PM »
Matt, would you purchase an item online from someone you don't know or has no reputation for good sales ethics? Chances are, probably not. The same goes for most of us here. No one wants to risk sending out parts only to deposit a bounced check or worse. Try introducing yourself first and you might have better luck looking for what you need. Welcome to the site btw :headspin:

matttrudeau1

• FNG
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 07:11:17 AM »
Thanks for welcoming me to the site.  I bought a 2005 CBR 600RR from a good friend of mine this year.  I've been riding for years, but this is my first sport bike that I've owned.  The previous owner dropped it once.  Nothing too crazy, but it cracked the upper front cowl near the turn signal and scuffed the right side mid fairing.  It's only seen up close really.  I got a really good deal on the bike as a result. 

As you know, these fairings are tough to find and really expensive.  I was at the local Honda dealer the other day getting a tire mounted and inquired about replacing both those fairings.  The front upper was $800 and right mid was $400.  I couldn't justify paying that much for them when I could do a lot more with the money.  I could buy online, but matching the OEM color would be difficult for the aftermarket vendors.  If anyone has a good OEM site that would be cheaper than a local dealer, let me know.  I live in New Hampshire, so if anyone local wants to meet in person that has fairings to sell, we could do that.  I'm just looking for some guidance in the area.  There seems to be a lot of horror stories from buying on eBay and other online sites.  It feels like finding a needle in a haystack.  The right product at a fair price.  Thanks.   

Nihon Newbie

• FREAK Member
  • It's like a semi-controlled, near-death experience
    • Page for my 49 state bike tour
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 12:11:32 PM »
First, welcome aboard!  Shamu was referring to this: http://www.cbr600rr.com/forum/index.php/topic,9994.0.html when he said introduce yourself.  I'm sure there are plenty of people who could help you out or at least point you in the right direction, but we just like to get to know new people a little better, right off the bat.  Copy and paste that into an intro post, fill it out, and you'll be good to go! ;D

Second, I have the part you are looking for, but in red.  I'll sell it to you for dirt cheap if you want to have it painted to match your bike.  It is pristine as it is, no repair work needed.  i know painting is a hassle compared to jut bolting on a new part that is what you want, but it's a possibility.  Just so you know. 

Lastly, and I hate to steer you away from here, but I think most of us here will agree that if you can sort through all the nonsense posts, 600RR.net actually has a VAST parts selection area when it comes to the "For sale" section.  Just another option. 

We all wish you the best of luck in your quest! :thumb:
1972 CB100 K2 - Fully Restored || 2008 CBR600RR - Street/Track || 1985 CH150 - Under Construction || 2007 CBR600RR Street/Track - (Sold: May/2011) || 1982 Urban Express NU50m - (Sold: May/2011) || 2006 CBR600RR - My First Bike (sold: 05/2007)

matttrudeau1

• FNG
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 01:19:55 PM »
My intro questions.

1.  Boxers/Briefs/Thong/Grannies/Commando:  Briefs
2.  Years riding: 8
3.  Biggest mistake in life you've ever made:  Dumping my girlfriend on her birthday
4.  Other bikes owned: Kawasaki Vulcan 500
5.  Is synthetic oil better than dino oil?  I think synthetic is better
6.  When was the last time you lubed your chain?  Once a week!
7.  87 or 91 octane?  I use V-Power.  I think it's 93 octane
8.  Number of crashes?  Zero, thank god
9.  Where is the bank angle sensor located and what does it do?  I have no idea
10. Is a cush drive significant to you?  Not to me
11. Favorite movie:  Any movie with Dustin Hoffman
12. When was the last time you were kicked in the groin?  High School Baseball
13. How do you pronounce "Akrapovic"?  AK - RA - pO - Vick
14. Age/sex/location   Turning 30 tomorrow.  Located in Milton, NH

Campe23

• FREAK Member
  • If life gives you Melons, you may be deslexic!
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 02:12:10 PM »
Welcome to the site.  I am from Canaan NH.  living in OKC.  Enjoy the ride, and be safe!

matttrudeau1

• FNG
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 06:23:19 PM »
Thanks.  It's been a great weekend.  I took a ride to Alton Bay today.  Tons of bikes out.  As you know, NH is known for bikers.  I tried to attach a picture from today to this post.  Matt

cosmo

• FREAK Member
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 05:17:07 AM »
welcome aboard m8 ;D can't help you with your problem, but i wish you a good find.
    07 RR doing   who needs diesel? 8)

matttrudeau1

• FNG
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 01:15:41 PM »
Thanks.  Let me know if anyone sees what I need on eBay as well.  Hopefully, patience will pay off. 

matttrudeau1

• FNG
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 12:51:31 PM »
What do you guys think about ordering the two pieces I need from www.nicecycle.com?  Some people have had great luck with the aftermarket vendors and others have had nothing but problems.  What's your opinion on buying the two pieces I need from them?  Color is just black gloss.  Thanks.

Matt

matttrudeau1

• FNG
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 05:58:11 PM »
I only need the front upper cowl fairing now.  Got the right side mid off eBay.  Couldn't be happier with it.