Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: I got hit by a car this morning! *GRAPHIC*  (Read 10462 times)

Nihon Newbie

• FREAK Member
  • It's like a semi-controlled, near-death experience
    • Page for my 49 state bike tour
I got hit by a car this morning! *GRAPHIC*
« on: March 08, 2010, 06:01:22 PM »
Not on the bike, thank God, but I was walking home this morning and half a mile from my street I see an old VW bug down the road a ways make an illegal u-turn in front of a car.  i shook my head and kept walking.  The guy drove by me, flipped me off, started saying something, then kept driving.  I gave him the finger back and wondered what the hell was up with the guy.  I look back and see that he made another u-turn and is pacing me while driving in the suicide lane, flipping me off some more and telling me to mid my own effing business. He asked why I was shaking my head at him, I said it was because he made a sketchy turn.  He yells something abut makiing another u-turn, then HE GUNS IT AND SWERVES INTO THE BIKE LANE WHERE i'M WALKING AND HIT ME!!!

There were a lot of witnesses, and it happened right in front of a school at 9am.  People said they saw me fly higher then the VW, then land on the ground.  A few people stopped and called 911 and went after the guy, who had driven another block up the road before realizing, presumably, that he was in deep trouble.  I sat on the curb where i had been nailed and put my head between my knees to keep conscious.  My nose was gushing blood, my left knee was rashed and hurt like hell, I was sore everywhere and I had a deep cut on my left upper lip, my head was bleeding from where it hit pavement, and I was super scared that I had lost teeth, of that my leg was broken. 

Anyway, the ambulance took me to the hospital, where my mom was already.  she had gone in earlier to have a doctor check on a nasty cough and a high fever.  I told the nurses not to tell my mom that I was in the ER because I knew she would flip out and scream and cry and stuff.  A friend of mine came and calmed me down and brought me tea and waited with my before the Sherrif who arrested the guy came to the hospital o return my driver's license and get my full statement. 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.  I'm still super sore and pissed off.  This just happend 6 hours ago and I'm calmer than before, but still fumed.  Anyway, I took some pics for the records.  I guess All The Gear All The Time means ALL THE TIME!!!  around here.....

The guy has been arrested and booked wirh assault with a deadly weapon.  Not charged with it yet though.  I need to talk to the DA and a PI attorney soon. Thank God for kind citizens who stopped and called 911 and corroborated my account!!! 
1972 CB100 K2 - Fully Restored || 2008 CBR600RR - Street/Track || 1985 CH150 - Under Construction || 2007 CBR600RR Street/Track - (Sold: May/2011) || 1982 Urban Express NU50m - (Sold: May/2011) || 2006 CBR600RR - My First Bike (sold: 05/2007)

*~c_dubya~*

• FREAK Member
  • your smiting hurts my delicate soul.
Re: I got hit by a car this morning! *GRAPHIC*
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 06:08:32 PM »
what the hell?!
what's wrong with people?!

glad you're not in worse-off condition!

good luck with everything.
#99 HYPERSLOTH RACING

Nihon Newbie

• FREAK Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 06:14:52 PM »
Yeah, it could have been a loooot worse.  Thanks!
1972 CB100 K2 - Fully Restored || 2008 CBR600RR - Street/Track || 1985 CH150 - Under Construction || 2007 CBR600RR Street/Track - (Sold: May/2011) || 1982 Urban Express NU50m - (Sold: May/2011) || 2006 CBR600RR - My First Bike (sold: 05/2007)

ian

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 06:55:30 PM »
holy shit! at least the injuries aren't too severe. but wtf? who runs people over for shaking their head? i shake my head at people all the time but this is just insane! let me know if you need a pi lawyer. i got in a pretty bad car accident last year and my lawyer has been pretty awesome!

Nihon Newbie

• FREAK Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 07:01:39 PM »
Thanks dude, I might hit you up on that.  I have a checkup date in 4 or 5 weeks, and hopefully by then I'll know how bad my knee is.  Hopefully it's fine way before that, but just in case I might get an MRI, as soon as I know for sure that the other guy is paying for all this stuff.  My knee is my biggest physical concern so far, though stitches on my face is pretty crappy. 

I'm going to talk to a local PI attorney asap just to get a baseline consult  Where is your guy based?  Thanks again!

DakotaCBR

• CBR600RR.com Racer
  • FREAK Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 07:07:33 PM »
Holy shit Loren, glad you're alright!
CCS FL #308

Lithium Motorsports      ScorpionEXO      Vortex      Trackdaymag.com      Woodcraft

Nihon Newbie

• FREAK Member
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 07:12:13 PM »
Thanks Jon!  Me too! 

It's almost funny, when I was at the emergency room, I kept saying "I'm glad I was on foot and that my bike wasn't involved and that at least I didn't break my collar bone!"

The nurses didn't really think it was funny....haha. 

I'm now dreading having to tell my parents..... :'(

excat

• FREAK Member
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 07:29:45 PM »
don't puss out and drop the charges! take that worthless $%&%$$#%^ for everything the sorry excuse for a human being is.

if the state attorney decides to drop it, i'd hire a personal lawyer. there's a lot of them out there that would jump for a case like this is a heartbeat.

glad to hear your good man. best wishes with the knee. knee problems suck, at least, as bas as it is to say, if it is something that ends up being debilitating or keeping you from being able to work, that worthless bastard will have to pay your wages for the rest of your life.

Nihon Newbie

• FREAK Member
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 07:43:14 PM »
Thanks excat, I'm definitely not going to drop anything, that's for sure.  The telephone line for the DA is busy, but I'm hoping to hear that I'll be good to go here, otherwise I'm totally down to get an attorney on this.

I just took the brace off to change the bandages on my road rash on my knee and it felt a lot better than it did earlier.  better range of motion and didn't feel as terrible, so I'm thinking positive. 

2old2fat2slow

• does your mother know you're a Ramone???
  • FREAK Member
    • DragonKnee Racing
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 07:45:29 PM »
WOW!!!! So glad you are okay man. I agree with the others that say take this clown for everything you can get. Good luck!
Let there be Mirth

ian

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 07:53:36 PM »
My lawyer is based in Downtown L.A. I would definitely consult with him ASAP! He'll make sure that any medical treatment you need you will get and not have to worry about medical bills. The best thing you can do is have all your medical visits documented so that it helps you build your case.

cosmo

• FREAK Member
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 08:16:57 PM »
damn it, man! get a good lawyer and nail the bastard. i'd understand if it was an accident, but this was made on freakin purpose! glad you're ok and not worse man! get well soon ;D
    07 RR doing   who needs diesel? 8)

Nihon Newbie

• FREAK Member
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 08:19:20 PM »
Cool.  Yeah, I just got off the phone with the DA's office and they said that I should be hearing from them by the end of next week.....Seems like a long freakin time to keep me waiting, but I know they have a lot of other crap going on, so I'll take it.  I guess my civil suit and the criminal suit are totally different, so suing him, his insurance, and the actual criminal case are totally separate things...scary complicated.  Regardless, I've already made it clear to everyone I've talked to that I am going to do everything I can to be on the ball with this and move it along asap.  Documenting everything.  

Shamu, I'll definitely give him a call.  Do you remember if just a consultation costed anything?  Shoot me a PM and I'll get a old of him.  I'm glad to hear he got your stuff taken care of.  ;D

Thanks Cosmo, I'm glad I'm not worse off too. Here's to a smooth recovery!   ;D

excat

• FREAK Member
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 08:27:20 PM »
btw, quit spending money on the bike and fucking eat some more food! put some meat on those damn bones!!! chicken legs.... :P

ian

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2010, 08:44:25 PM »
Ok. You have a pm. And the consultation and everything doesn't cost anything. Most PI Lawyers won't charge anything until a settlement is reached. Basically you get 1/3 of the settlement. The lawyer gets 1/3 of the settlement. and the Doctors get 1/3 of the settlement. He will explain everything very cut and dry for you and he offers to do everything via phone, email, fax, etc so you don't have to visit his office. I personally don't like dealing with people like that and met him face to face in his office. I talked to him last week and he was out of town but said he'd be back this week. If you can't reach him at his office let me know and I'll shoot you his cell number.