Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Looking for a 600rr  (Read 5539 times)

excat

• FREAK Member
Re: Looking for a 600rr
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 03:05:05 PM »
i wouldn't do it if i were you. your not going to be able to check anything out without tearing the engine down. what it does when you do a lot of wheelies is starves you of oil. stunters tend to run 1/2-3/4 qt over on oil to try and compensate for this, IF they know to do this, but i don't honestly know how much this really happens. your talking about burned up cam and crank bearings. 

you have to think pretty basically here....

you have a sharp looking bike, that someone has tore the shit out of, but still looks good. with the miles that are on it, he's trying to get rid of it before it dumps out on him. he probably had different plastics on it when he stunted, so you really don't know 100% if it's been dropped and or the condition of the frame. he's counting on a young kid that see's a pretty bike to come along and buy the thing based upon a short test ride and over all general good appearance.

cosmo

• FREAK Member
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2010, 03:15:36 PM »
precisely my train of thought
    07 RR doing   who needs diesel? 8)

excat

• FREAK Member
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2010, 03:53:38 PM »
another thing is it's geared way down too if he stunted it. it's going to be quick as hell, but 70mph down the road your going to chew through gas like a mofo.

then looking at the fairings, you can tell it's probably been down and not in the original skin. he's missing almost everyone of the body screws, and replaced them with zip ties. anyone that tells you that you can get after market ones fairly cheap is correct, but they suck horribly. you spend more time trying to get them to fit and work than they are worth, and that many zip ties is very tacky.

just another sign of the abuse that bike has been through.

Smoke314

• Newbies
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2010, 05:09:48 PM »
Hmm...I'm going to talk to him a bit more about this now. If I got a honda dealer to check out the bike and aside from the engine (which I understand is a major component) would it still be more trouble than it's worth? I know you guys are trying to help and I appreciate it alot but it seems like a good bike (this coming from a inexperienced rider).

cosmo

• FREAK Member
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2010, 05:20:50 PM »
it certainly wouldn't hurt to have someone with expertise see it. could cost you a few bucks, but you may end up coughing more if something -is- wrong and you don't have the "ear" for it.

Jason748

• Global Moderator
  • FREAK Member
  • Get'in Faster....
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2010, 05:58:14 PM »
I agree with these guys... It's a Stunt Bike, I'd run away, not walk, but run... you'd be way better spending an extra $1000 on a nice bike that hasn't been, stunted (read crashed) or majorly modified.  It'll cost you way less in the end.
I know a "pro" stunt rider and I've seen first hand what happens to his bike, on a regualr basis... it might "look" good, but it's far from it.
Keep looking...
CCS/CRA #92
07 CBR600RR - RACE
Sponsors: Two Brothers Honda, Lithium Motorsports, SpyderLeatherworks

"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racingís important to men who do it well. When youíre racing, it... itís life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting."  -S

excat

• FREAK Member
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2010, 11:36:57 PM »
Talking to him about it won't get you anywhere. He's going to tell you, as you admitted being an inexperienced rider, exactly what you want to hear to get the bike off of his hands. You don't see a bike with a 12 o'clock bar that hasn't been abused, tumbled, crashed, and rebuilt.

Even bringing it to a Honda dealer to look at it, the only thing they can do is visually inspect the bike. They are going to tell you if you have good brakes, good tires, working lights, chain and sprocket condition, then they are going to tell you that your missing almost every body clip. They will listen to the engine very briefly, and I mean long enough to warm the oil up, even then unless you have a bad knock/ping or the cam chain is rattling, they aren't going to be listening for a noise. They are going to check the oil level, coolant level, brake fluid, charge you $100 and tell you what they found.

NONE of what their inspection I would personally, or ever recommend basing a purchase upon, especially in these conditions.

I understand your very inexperienced, foaming at the mouth for a good deal on a nice bike, but I reassure you, you will save yourself A LOT of money by passing up this bike. Just as Jason said, even if you spend a little more, you'll be better off.

You can spend the money on this bike, and it would probably get you through one riding season, if there isn't a major hidden problem with the bike that would cause you to lay it off and total it (tweaked frame, forks just slightly off). As you build your confidence on this bike, your going to continue to push your limits as a rider, and you have to ask yourself if you are willing to put you life in that man's hands that's selling you the bike, especially with the knowledge that this bike has seriously been abused.

1 yr out of this bike and your out whatever you paid for it. Spend just a little bit more, or wait just a little longer and get a bike that will last you for MANY years, for possibly the same amount of money, or slightly more.

Not only that, that 12 o'clock bar will get you some serious attention you don't want, and I mean cops by that. Everywhere you go, you will get harassed for it. 

DeadlyRaceReplica

• FREAK Member
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2010, 11:41:25 AM »
dont but it listen to these guys. Thats like buying a civic with a turbo kit and nitrous and the guy told you he never raced it he just had a bunch of money to spend on his car that sat in the garage. find a bone stock bike that nobody fucked with prior at least you have a better chance of it not being rode to hard but these bikes can take abuse but wouldnt you rather beat it then someone else.

excat

• FREAK Member
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2010, 02:26:50 PM »
dont but it listen to these guys. Thats like buying a civic with a turbo kit and nitrous and the guy told you he never raced it he just had a bunch of money to spend on his car that sat in the garage. find a bone stock bike that nobody fucked with prior at least you have a better chance of it not being rode to hard but these bikes can take abuse but wouldnt you rather beat it then someone else.

there's difference between abuse and mis-use and destroying the bike.

stunters mis-use and destroy a bike, and destroy other bikers reputations.

DeadlyRaceReplica

• FREAK Member
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2010, 11:30:29 AM »
^agreed

oxtar41

• FREAK Member
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 09:46:46 PM »
deadly dont you own a civic with nitro?
"The correct octane is the lowest level you can use without predetonation."

DeadlyRaceReplica

• FREAK Member
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2010, 11:37:29 AM »
actually I have an 02 maxima with a 4.3l stroker motor and 6spd tranny shit is fast as fuck. http://www.vqpower.com/v2/news.php?readmore=98

Smoke314

• Newbies
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2010, 11:54:19 AM »
Well, I took you'll advice and passed on it...and to my surprise look what I brought home yesterday, as you can tell it was in a minor low side but nothing bad and the price was unbeatable. Can't wait for it to get warmer now. I just need to get some turn signals.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 12:02:03 PM by Smoke314 »

cosmo

• FREAK Member
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2010, 04:30:28 PM »
sweet! congrats on your new rr! mirros are much cheaper than the other one could have ended up costing

excat

• FREAK Member
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2010, 02:07:37 AM »
 :thumb:  glad to hear.

what did you end up giving for it if you don't mind me asking? how many miles?