Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: projector HIDs and Audi style LEDs on 600rr  (Read 21855 times)

randomwalk101

• Newbies
projector HIDs and Audi style LEDs on 600rr
« on: December 27, 2009, 01:30:04 PM »
Okay, so I decided to have Brian at www.sickhids.com to do the projector HID retrofit for me.  I tried with the 3rd light and changed out to brighter and more white LEDs and I killed the first set while I was baking it in the oven to crack it open (2nd set was successful).  I wasn’t going to take any chances of melting the headlights so I figured I would let the Professional does it and I just pick up an extra shift at work to pay for it.  The arrangement worked out well I think.

Anyhow, it’s not a cheap modification, but it look bad a$$ and it does require A LOT of work.  Overall, I think it’s worth it if you like to modify your bike for looks and add more lights for the road.  The turn around time is around 5 weeks for mine.  This was because of the Holidays and all.  So yes, my bike is sitting in the living room all apart waiting for these headlight to come back (on top of another 5 weeks waiting for Watsen Design to send me the signals).  Thank God of Texas weather where we can ride almost all year around.  Anyhow, Brian is extremely professional and did an extremely well job.  I am very picky and I have to say I have zero complaint about the end product.  I highly recommend his service if you like to have yours done.  He can be contacted via his website at (www.sickhids.com).  anyhow, back to the review...

I ordered the HID slim ballast (6000K bulbs) with bi-Xenon dual projectors and Audi style white LEDs and blue CCFL ring around the projector.

Here is a picture of it cracked opened right after he got my light.

Here you can see Brian added the Audi LED light strip.  It’s white LED strip.

Right side projector installed.

Both sides completed.

All sealed up and waiting for the glue to dry.

randomwalk101

• Newbies
Re: projector HIDs and Audi style LEDs on 600rr
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 01:31:20 PM »
And here it is…unwrapped.

Mounted on the bike.

randomwalk101

• Newbies
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 01:32:02 PM »
Here is the switch i'm talking about.  You can flip it to turn off the projector leaving only the Audi style light and the "ring" around the projector on.  I mounted it on the right on the headlight cover.

cosmo

• FREAK Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 08:02:35 PM »
looks really nice, especially on a white bike ;D what mirrors are those?  stock '08 1000RR?
if the headlight "mirror" is cut, do high/lo beams work properly though?
    07 RR doing   who needs diesel? 8)

DeadlyRaceReplica

• FREAK Member
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 08:13:11 AM »
that is bad ass bro!

Paulred/black

• 'Nice bike... How fast does it go?' (sigh)
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 12:52:58 PM »
Man...the 6th picture down in your second colum. The bike looks so evil!

Thats looks really impressive waw   :evil:

:thumb:

UKTURFROCKS

• FREAK Member
  • 06 cbr RR
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 08:33:19 PM »
im am agreeing that is freaking awesome looking.  way too much work for me but still bad ass.
someone tried to steal my katana last year, then they realized it was a katana and stopped, then ran it over with their vehicle..  quote from *~c_dubya~*

spd-dmn

• Newbies
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 02:38:01 PM »
Bad dude!!! Alot of work but it's worth it. Congrats! :thumb:

Low Light

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 04:29:12 PM »
Very nice! How much if you don't mind?
Theres no rest for the wicked

kempy

• Newbies
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 07:53:09 PM »
Looks very tidy mate. Nice!

ian

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2010, 04:08:36 AM »
looks damn good! A++ for design! :headspin:

Nihon Newbie

• FREAK Member
  • It's like a semi-controlled, near-death experience
    • Page for my 49 state bike tour
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 02:55:55 AM »
Again, this looks awesome on a street going bike.  Well done, indeed.  Also, +1 for having your bike in side your house!
1972 CB100 K2 - Fully Restored || 2008 CBR600RR - Street/Track || 1985 CH150 - Under Construction || 2007 CBR600RR Street/Track - (Sold: May/2011) || 1982 Urban Express NU50m - (Sold: May/2011) || 2006 CBR600RR - My First Bike (sold: 05/2007)

coast2coastbkr

• FNG
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 06:06:45 PM »
i know this is bringing this thread back from the dead, but i just wanted to say that this looks sick. absolutely awesome. i was skeptical when i first read the title... because i've seen people try to pull of this look in toooooons of early generation audis.... and they fail miserably.  it only looks good on the new audis and r8s and now, cbrs. props to sickhids.com and the op. what a great look! can't wait to bank some money and do this. maybe i'll wait for the next rainy season since they're a retrofit and not an entirely new product though... no biggie.

oh yea, x2 on having the bike in your living room. love it.
'oh-nine. stock.

Wrench87

• Proud Albertan
  • FREAK Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2011, 06:41:36 PM »
Dead thread I know. But I was showing this to my girlfriend and now I NEED to get these done on my RR. *sadface* no clue if anyone in Canada does it though. Anyone know? ???

ian

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 07:07:12 PM »
Dead thread I know. But I was showing this to my girlfriend and now I NEED to get these done on my RR. *sadface* no clue if anyone in Canada does it though. Anyone know? ???
I was looking into this a few days ago. You can order the light kit, which will give you all the lights and parts for the install. All you really need is to find someone with a heat gun so you can localize the area to which you want to apply the heat instead of throwing the whole thing in the oven. Everything else seems pretty simple. Just need a bit of know how with wiring..