Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Hot bike wont turn over with start button?  (Read 76040 times)

Ozjack

Re: Hot bike wont turn over with start button?
« Reply #135 on: April 20, 2007, 01:56:53 AM »
Your 05`er is doing this too?? I very much doubt it`s electrical related. The bike seems to get very sluggish engine-wise when it`s hot(fan temperature...) so maybe it has something to do with it not wanting to turn over in this condition??

Does your bike bump-start(eliminating the starter) when it doesn`t fire from the switch??

I am yet to have my 04 fault this way, but it CERTAINLY turns over heaps slower when it`s hot.
Say, for example, I need to lube the chain after a track session, the bike has it`s fan on from returning to the pits at low speed. The starter button turns he engine over, but it only turns over about 1/3 the speed of a normal temperature start. I can see how some bikes wouldn`t start at all in this situation(mine barely does...).

Very odd. ???

cbr600rr_blue

• FNG
« Reply #136 on: April 20, 2007, 09:27:40 PM »
Your 05`er is doing this too?? I very much doubt it`s electrical related. The bike seems to get very sluggish engine-wise when it`s hot(fan temperature...) so maybe it has something to do with it not wanting to turn over in this condition??

Does your bike bump-start(eliminating the starter) when it doesn`t fire from the switch??

I am yet to have my 04 fault this way, but it CERTAINLY turns over heaps slower when it`s hot.
Say, for example, I need to lube the chain after a track session, the bike has it`s fan on from returning to the pits at low speed. The starter button turns he engine over, but it only turns over about 1/3 the speed of a normal temperature start. I can see how some bikes wouldn`t start at all in this situation(mine barely does...).

Very odd. ???

I bump start the bike when battery cannot turn the starter.
I notice 1/3 starter turning speed quite some time when fan temperature reach. Recently, the problem getting worse because battery deteriorates slightly.

Ozjack

« Reply #137 on: April 21, 2007, 02:33:42 AM »
Maybe next time the bke is hot when you get home, whip the seat off and check the battery with a voltmeter.
That will give us a diagnosis of whether it`s electrical or not.

BoraBora

• FNG
« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2007, 12:03:46 AM »
During the winter, I started the habit of plugging in the Battery Tender Junior every night to keep the battery 100%, and the problem seems to have disappeared.  Granted we have not had any real hot days here in CT since last Summer when I first had this problem.  I will reserve judgement until this Summer.  If I can go through July and August without this problem resurfacing, knock on wood, I can say with confidence that the problem has been solved.