Check out Superbike Store for the best racing deals you can find!

Author Topic: Bank-Angle Sensor  (Read 34935 times)

SquidLid

• FREAK Member
Re:Bank-Angle Sensor
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2004, 06:04:24 PM »
Centrifugal versus centripital, as explained on the answer bag. Centrifugal force is a perceived force, not an actual force. It can only be viewed from the vantage point of the spinning object. For example, when turning in a car, the object in the seat next to us flies outward. We call that centrifugal force. Remember the law of intertia: all objects stay at rest or continue in a straight line unless acted on by an outside force. The object that flies outward is trying to continue in a straight line (the direction the car was headed before you started turning). There is just not enough friction on the seat next to you to keep the object constrained to the turn until it hits the door. If you add the vectors of movement on the turning car, it is found that the car is accelerating towards the center of the turn, not away from the center. This inward acceleration is called centripital force. That feeling of being "pushed out" when turning in a car is nothing more than resistance to the centripital force constraining the car.

jezterr

• FREAK Member
  • (^_^)
    • juniormonkey.com
Re:Bank-Angle Sensor
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2004, 11:36:39 AM »
Looking back, I'll bet I never did have a problem with my bank angle sensor.  I'm thinking all along it was my power commander.  However, since it's out, I'll leave it out.

I don't think I'd put in any other type of switch.  If I go down, either I will shut the bike off or the corner worker will within a few seconds.

ahhahaha... i don't think anyone's going to trust you anymore...  :)
Quote from: laxrider04
i used to be a pirate.....yarrrr
juniormonkey.com

Meddiepie954rr

• FREAK Member
  • Dude! Do a wheelie!
Re: Bank-Angle Sensor
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2004, 11:53:18 PM »
Well shit man.  I dunno, I'm having problems with my Bank Angle sensor right now.  I don't know where I'm gunna mount this thing.  I've got it strapped to the right side-back side of my fairing stay, and it keeps vibrating loose and falling down, and killing my engine.  I might just have to slice it.  But who knows, I'll look at it more tomorrow
"We all take a modicum of risk every time we thumb the starter - it's just inherent to the sport." - SportRider

...and my dad can beat up your dad...

ASMA/CCS SW AM #36

Zero Gravity
Monster Energy
Utopia Optics

BigTuna

• Big Tuna
    • www.bigtunaracing.com
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2004, 07:13:57 AM »
Well shit man.  I dunno, I'm having problems with my Bank Angle sensor right now.  I don't know where I'm gunna mount this thing.  I've got it strapped to the right side-back side of my fairing stay, and it keeps vibrating loose and falling down, and killing my engine.  I might just have to slice it.  But who knows, I'll look at it more tomorrow

i diabled mine without issue.  I know Jeff found out his was an issue with his pciii, but i know of two people that had their engines cut because of the sensor.  Both spun up the rear wheel and when the bike snapped back straight up (near hi side) their sensor took enough of a jolt to have is shut the bike off......it was a big debate over removing it and keeping it.... i prefer to remove it...plus it saved 6oz.   :P
CCS/LRRS #212
BigTuna.com
2005 Race Sponsors
Motorex
FlatOut Motorcycles
Vortex
Ferodo

96SNAKE03RR

• FNG
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2004, 07:44:40 PM »
^ +1

I did this to my track bike last season.
Black 03RR(Track only)
B/W 03TL1000R(street)
Reduc 10X advanced

Jeff

• Hoofa King cares!
  • Administrator
  • FREAK Member
  • ...if I could reach it? You bet I would!
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2004, 10:38:06 AM »
For mounting it, I took a small flat metal bar, zip tied the BAS to the bar and zip tied the bar to the back of the fairing stay.  It was solid and a good location...
Jesus would have seen my blinker and let me in you dick!

tarmac

• Newbies
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2005, 02:16:59 AM »
Whats the latest on this topic? Are more people removing them than keeping them?
I just bought a road bike and for some reason, the bankangle sensor has been cut off and the wires twisted together. I've never had a problem on my race bike, even with very near hi-sides, the engine has just kept going.
If I want to reconnect it, which I think is safer, the problem will be, the missing conector. Are these available to buy?

Jeff

• Hoofa King cares!
  • Administrator
  • FREAK Member
  • ...if I could reach it? You bet I would!
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2005, 10:50:17 AM »
I race with mine on with no problems...

Put it back on.  They're just wires, cut 'em and buy solder-on bullet connectors.
Jesus would have seen my blinker and let me in you dick!

tarmac

• Newbies
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2005, 06:09:45 AM »
Yeah, I'm going to reconnect it but it would be nice to use the honda type connectors.

UB2SLO

• Chicken Racer
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2005, 05:40:32 PM »
I have had mine removed for two full seasons.   On two different bikes with a total of five crashes, I haven't had a problem yet.  On every crash the bike has killed on its own.   We have had Jeff's problem with the PC3 on a hand full of bikes, but we have also had the tip over switch problem on two different bikes, at Blackhawk Farms.  So I am not real worried about not having it.  Just my two cents.   ;D

mobalized

• Newbies
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2007, 08:26:06 AM »
as said earlier not to do this to a street bike, it is also recommended for stunt bikes because when holding a high enough wheelie it can cut the bike off